Windows 10: Horizontal grey lines on display

Discus and support Horizontal grey lines on display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi There's are strange grey lines appearing on a computer when it is connected to a terminal server. The display on the right is from an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hacori, May 4, 2021.

1. hacori Win User

Horizontal grey lines on display

Hi There's are strange grey lines appearing on a computer when it is connected to a terminal server. The display on the right is from an external monitor, the one on the left ist from the Laptop. When the external display gets turned off, the lines appear on the Laptop's display. However, when the user starts Word directly on the Laptop, there are no lines. When connections are initiated from other computers or other users, there is no display issue either. Also the lines cannot be seen from another computer via isl light client (remote-support tool). What irritates me most is the fact that the lines are not completely from left to right but are all intterupted on the white background regardless of the window border or the page layout from the shown Word document. Also that the picture is a screenshot and didn't need to be done with a camera to see the lines is strange after they didn't show up during remote support. Any suggestions concerning the most probable cause - graphics card failure, driver issue or something else? Thanks

:)

hacori, May 4, 2021
  2. hacori Win User

Hi

There's are strange grey lines appearing on a computer when it is connected to a terminal server. The display on the right is from an external monitor, the one on the left ist from the Laptop. When the external display gets turned off, the lines appear on the Laptop's display. However, when the user starts Word directly on the Laptop, there are no lines.

When connections are initiated from other computers or other users, there is no display issue either. Also the lines cannot be seen from another computer via isl light client (remote-support tool).

Horizontal grey lines on display [​IMG]

What irritates me most is the fact that the lines are not completely from left to right but are all intterupted on the white background regardless of the window border or the page layout from the shown Word document. Also that the picture is a screenshot and didn't need to be done with a camera to see the lines is strange after they didn't show up during remote support.

Any suggestions concerning the most probable cause - graphics card failure, driver issue or something else?
    Thanks

hacori, May 5, 2021
  3. Wing2274 Win User
    Grey Horizontal Line

Since I upgraded my window from Windows 8 to Windows 10, there is a fine grey horizontal line at the bottom of my screen. It's there no matter what I do. It's quite annoying when watching video or movie.

One thing that is funny is that the line is there all the time. However, if I use screen cap, this line does not show on the screen cap though. Any idea?

Wing2274, May 5, 2021
  4. Horizontal grey lines on display

E90 Horizontal Black Line in LCD Cover Display

Recently noticed a small black horizontal line in E90 cover LCD display. Line was getting longer and shorter througout the day. Sometimes stretching across the entire width of the display. Updated the phone's software but no use. Nokia Careline advisor
    suggested removing the battery, SIM card and memory card for 15 minutes, but this did not help either. In the end, took the phone to the Nokia Care Centre where they admitted this is a common hardware problem with Nokia displays. They even have a problem code
    associated with this 'Black line in LCD'. Phone is under warranty and is with them for repair.

bankimoon---01, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Horizontal grey lines on display - Similar Threads - Horizontal grey lines

2. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  3. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  4. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  5. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  6. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

7. Grey Horizontal Lines

Grey Horizontal Lines: Hello, I'm having trouble with my Pc. Grey horizontal lines appear on my monitor and I have no idea what to do. It stared a week ago after my Pc updated windows and nvidia drivers, I've tried everything I could think of. All solutions will be greatly appreciated! [IMG]...
  8. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where there are multiple grey lines appearing on my monitor. I tried to fix this by updating all of my graphics drivers, restarting my computer, and even changing the Display Port cable, to no avail. The lines are less noticeable in browser windows....
  9. Horizontal Lines - Display

Horizontal Lines - Display: Blue screen appeared stating there was probably with my PC and it needed to restart. After that happened the horizontal lines have not gone away. [ATTACH] I have: 1. Restored Windows 10 2. Updated the driver for my graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (twice) Note:...
  10. Displaying horizontal lines in LED

Displaying horizontal lines in LED: Recently my monitor LED monitor of Dell is showing small horizontal lines with background image of a previously opened window. For system check I did check up RAM and GPU card, I removed and placed them again. Problem still persisting. I disconnected the PC and attached my...