Windows 10: Horizontal Lines appear on screen

Discus and support Horizontal Lines appear on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I My Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad 2 in 1 14 has had these random lines appear on the the screen and I don't know what to do. Its espeacially bad in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stitchisking, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Horizontal Lines appear on screen

Hi, I My Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad 2 in 1 14 has had these random lines appear on the the screen and I don't know what to do. Its espeacially bad in Google Chrome, which is why I undownloaded it a while ago but because of Corona I have to take my tests online now, which requires chrome. It still happens outside of chrome, just not as bad and frequent. It started happening during my test and freaked me out. Any tips? Horizontal Lines appear on screen f2c3b647-23d5-4774-915c-fee136459d75?upload=true.jpg

:)

stitchisking, Apr 2, 2020

2. Black horizontal lines appearing across laptop screen

Took delivery of a brand new laptop yesterday with the following specs:

Unpacked it, started using it, only to find black horizontal lines appearing across the screen sporadically. I updated all drivers, downloaded and installed all Windows updates but to no avail. Screenshots:

First screenshot

Horizontal Lines appear on screen bulr0.jpg

Second screenshot

Horizontal Lines appear on screen rHQuo.jpg

Third screenshot

Horizontal Lines appear on screen WFzCr.jpg

Some points to note:

• I had the laptop connected to the TV screen and the lines appeared on
      the TV as well, thus suggesting it's not a screen issue.
    • Because it's a sporadic and somewhat rare event, I can't say whether
      the lines appear during a particular operation/screen or
      anytime/anywhere.

I've done a bit of poking around on the net and found that usually the culprit is the graphics card, but not sure. Any suggestions?

user640946, Apr 2, 2020
  3. horizontal black line on screen

Without you having posted a screenshot of it, it may point to either corrupted graphics drivers or a possible failing hardware part.

We don't know if the horizontal black line is at the top, bottom, middle or where on the screen or the thickness of it or anything else about it.

Hi

the line is fine, straight, black, horizontal, black and about 6cm long. It is situated 3cm from the bottom of the screen, and just to the right of centre. I have tried to take a screen shot of it but when I paste to Word it does not appear on the image.

MikeDunkley1, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Horizontal Lines appear on screen

horizontal pink and blue lines

I have horizontal pink and blue lines starting at the top of my touch screen at start up. The only way to "fix" the problem is to use the touchscreen and restart the computer. I can see a small portion of the desktop at the top of the screen and it appears
    normal. Any suggestions?

LINDADIESS, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Horizontal Lines appear on screen

1. Horizontal Lines appear on screen - Similar Threads - Horizontal Lines appear

2. Unusual Horizontal line on screen!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Horizontal line on screen!: A little bit of background:Suddenly, I was facing some issues with screen flickering and all in Windows10Updated the driversSet the refresh rateI then updated it to Windows 11The issue was somewhat resolved after changing the refresh rate and allBut I am witnessing this line,...
  3. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  4. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  5. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  7. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.: There appears to be glitchy horizontal lines on my taskbar that do not go away after a restart. The lines are purple and green and the icons on the taskbar appear to be glitchy as well....
  8. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.: There appears to be glitchy horizontal lines on my taskbar that do not go away after a restart. The lines are purple and green and the icons on the taskbar appear to be glitchy as well....
  9. Horizontal line on screen

Horizontal line on screen: Recently when watching a video, the bottom half of the screen froze and the upper half continued as it normally would. After , some time instead of the bottom half freezing, it appeared darker and a little glitchy when compared to the upper half of the screen. That too went...
  10. Green horizontal line on the screen

Green horizontal line on the screen: I was connecting my laptop to a Smart TV Screen when a horizontal green line appeared on my laptop screen. No prior accident in my laptop happened. Can I troubleshoot anything on my laptop before I resort to screen replacement?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does screen show black horizontal lines on certain websites