Windows 10: Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

Discus and support Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There appears to be glitchy horizontal lines on my taskbar that do not go away after a restart. The lines are purple and green and the icons on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthias Ng, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

There appears to be glitchy horizontal lines on my taskbar that do not go away after a restart. The lines are purple and green and the icons on the taskbar appear to be glitchy as well.

:)

Matthias Ng, Jun 9, 2022

2. Taskbar Lines

Hi,

If your taskbar is hidden in desktop or tablet mode, once that you hover your mouse at the bottom of your screen, the taskbar will still appear. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to have a screenshot of the horizontal lines that you are seeing.

In the meantime, we suggest that you restart the Windows Explorer:

• Press Windows key + R to launch
      Run prompt.
    • Type taskmgr.exe, and then press Enter to open
      Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, scroll down and look for Windows
      Explorer.
    • Click on it, and then click the Restart button on the lower-right corner.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 9, 2022
  3. Black horizontal lines appearing across laptop screen

Took delivery of a brand new laptop yesterday with the following specs:

Unpacked it, started using it, only to find black horizontal lines appearing across the screen sporadically. I updated all drivers, downloaded and installed all Windows updates but to no avail. Screenshots:

First screenshot

Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar. bulr0.jpg

Second screenshot

Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar. rHQuo.jpg

Third screenshot

Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar. WFzCr.jpg

Some points to note:

• I had the laptop connected to the TV screen and the lines appeared on
      the TV as well, thus suggesting it's not a screen issue.
    • Because it's a sporadic and somewhat rare event, I can't say whether
      the lines appear during a particular operation/screen or
      anytime/anywhere.

I've done a bit of poking around on the net and found that usually the culprit is the graphics card, but not sure. Any suggestions?

user640946, Jun 9, 2022
  4. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

horizontal pink and blue lines

I have horizontal pink and blue lines starting at the top of my touch screen at start up. The only way to "fix" the problem is to use the touchscreen and restart the computer. I can see a small portion of the desktop at the top of the screen and it appears
    normal. Any suggestions?

LINDADIESS, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

1. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar. - Similar Threads - Horizontal lines appear

2. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  3. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  4. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.: There appears to be glitchy horizontal lines on my taskbar that do not go away after a restart. The lines are purple and green and the icons on the taskbar appear to be glitchy as well....
  6. TASKBAR HORIZONTAL LINE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR HORIZONTAL LINE: Hello I wonder how can I remove this annoying white line in the middle of my taskbar it's really annoying it can't be seen in screenshots or when shared with other devices but it's really annoying when I'm browsing...
  7. TASKBAR HORIZONTAL LINE

TASKBAR HORIZONTAL LINE: Hello I wonder how can I remove this annoying white line in the middle of my taskbar it's really annoying it can't be seen in screenshots or when shared with other devices but it's really annoying when I'm browsing...
  8. Windows 11 Horizontal Line in the Taskbar

Windows 11 Horizontal Line in the Taskbar: Hello Everyone.I have Just started using 2 displays today. and after some time, I see a Horizontal Line at my Main display's taskbar.It l looks like this-This is only on my Main Laptop's Display Not on my Second Display-Please Help Me Out...
  9. Windows 11 Horizontal Line in the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Horizontal Line in the Taskbar: Hello Everyone.I have Just started using 2 displays today. and after some time, I see a Horizontal Line at my Main display's taskbar.It l looks like this-This is only on my Main Laptop's Display Not on my Second Display-Please Help Me Out...
  10. Horizontal Lines appear on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Horizontal Lines appear on screen: Hi, I My Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad 2 in 1 14 has had these random lines appear on the the screen and I don't know what to do. Its espeacially bad in Google Chrome, which is why I undownloaded it a while ago but because of Corona I have to take my tests online now, which...