Windows 10: Horizontal scroll bar will not stay where I move it in Publisher

Discus and support Horizontal scroll bar will not stay where I move it in Publisher in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to work in Publisher but every time I move the horizontal scroll bar to center my work, it moves back to the far left. Making me nuts and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristineHartsock, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Horizontal scroll bar will not stay where I move it in Publisher

I'm trying to work in Publisher but every time I move the horizontal scroll bar to center my work, it moves back to the far left. Making me nuts and I can't really get my work done. Anyone else have this happen? any ideas how to fix it? Thanks. Oh, and I can't access drop down boxes either. The arrow keys work but I never get the list.

:)

ChristineHartsock, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

Horizontal Scroll Jump

Agreed, have seen in the List Mode that the focus moves the view left to right or back depending on where the click occurred. The other Modes are straight-away lists of Folder then files with the vertical scroll bar, no horizontal scroll bar.

Berton, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Horizontal Scroll Jump

Open a Windows 10 file explorer folder containing enough folders/files that, in List Mode, would cause it to display a horizontal scroll bar. Click on any file/folder residing in any column to the right of the left-most column. Instead of the file or folder opening, the click action produces a right horizontal scroll that takes said column one column position to the left.

This annoying behavior is several years old. I was hoping someone finally came up with a solution.

kitpzyxmsir, Feb 13, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Horizontal scroll bar will not stay where I move it in Publisher

Horizontal Scroll Jump

I've reproduced what you have described. In the first pic, the file I chose was in the right column. In the second pic, the file, and all items in the right column are now left. I believe this is due to the fact that when click the file chosen, focus has been set on that area of the display. The right "pane" of the first display is now what is in focus. That is by design, to the best of my knowledge. The way it should work. Windows has grouped as many in LIST mode as possible in as few columns as possible, and by clicking on a file in that area/pane, you changed the Windows focus to that area.

Horizontal scroll bar will not stay where I move it in Publisher [​IMG]

Horizontal scroll bar will not stay where I move it in Publisher [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Horizontal scroll bar will not stay where I move it in Publisher

1. Horizontal scroll bar will not stay where I move it in Publisher - Similar Threads - Horizontal scroll bar

2. The volume bar moves by itself and I can't move the scroll bar. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The volume bar moves by itself and I can't move the scroll bar. Windows 10: Hello,When opening the volume icon from the taskbar it increases by itself to the maximum, I also have problems when trying to move the side scroll bar when navigating, with the mouse wheel it works correctly.Best regards,...
  3. The volume bar moves by itself and I can't move the scroll bar. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The volume bar moves by itself and I can't move the scroll bar. Windows 10: Hello,When opening the volume icon from the taskbar it increases by itself to the maximum, I also have problems when trying to move the side scroll bar when navigating, with the mouse wheel it works correctly.Best regards,...
  4. The volume bar moves by itself and I can't move the scroll bar. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get my horizontal scroll bar back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my horizontal scroll bar back?: I looked at many sites and YouTube before asking. All the things they suggested did not work. I can't get my horizontal scroll bar. Please help me asap. Thanks....
  6. How do I get my horizontal scroll bar back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my horizontal scroll bar back?: I looked at many sites and YouTube before asking. All the things they suggested did not work. I can't get my horizontal scroll bar. Please help me asap. Thanks....
  7. Invert HORIZONTAL Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invert HORIZONTAL Scrolling: Hi, I have figured out how to invert the vertical scrolling in Windows 10 by changing the value from 0 to 1 in the registry, but I would also like to invert the horizontal scrolling. Any tips? Thanks!...
  8. Horizontal Scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal Scrolling: I am having this issue where if I can hover over anything that can scroll horizontally it does that automatically without me doing anything. I bought a new mouse to see if that was the issue and it isnt. I have pressed the shift button and that stops it then if I release it...
  9. Horizontal Scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal Scrolling: Suddenly, my Win10 desktop has been reacting oddly when mousing. Instead of scolling vertically with the wheel, it scrolls horizontally. The problem doesn't seem to be with the mouse. I've tested three wireless and one corded with same results. Secondly, when moving pointer...
  10. Horizontal Scroll Jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Horizontal Scroll Jump: Has there been any progress in fixing Windows 10 way of auto scrolling to the right/jumping to the left in a folder when you try to select a file with the mouse? 110558