Windows 10: Horizontal white bars whenever I start up.

Discus and support Horizontal white bars whenever I start up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On Monday, I moved my desktop to my mates' house so we could game together. It was fine. On Tuesday, I moved my desktop back home. I plugged it bak... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SpanishTashman, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Horizontal white bars whenever I start up.

On Monday, I moved my desktop to my mates' house so we could game together. It was fine.

On Tuesday, I moved my desktop back home. I plugged it bak into my screen and turned it on. The first few start-up attempts, my screen just said 'No Signal,' which made me think that I'd forgotten to connect something in particular. However, it began the start-up process on the fourth or fifth attempt. But instead of the regular start-up, I had this.

Horizontal white bars whenever I start up. [​IMG]

And then that would repeat twice or thrice more. Eventually it took me to the start-up repair screen. I've used a system restore and I've reset my PC with files kept.

Since then all I've gotten is 'No Signal.'

Any ideas what I've done?

:)

SpanishTashman, Aug 16, 2016

2. How do I remove the headings from the right hand tile area in Windows 10 start menu?

Thanks for responding. you said:

"Just click on the Title bar and drag it on the vertical empty side of the Start menu."

To the left? To the right? Up? Down? If I drag it anywhere to the left it does not flip to a vertical bar. If I drag it up or to the right it just drags right off the start menu, still horizontal and disappears, until I let go, when it just snaps back to
    the original horizontal position it was in. I'm finding no way to do this. I expanded the start menu to the right and tried it and it still just drags off the screen and returns as a horizontal bar.

SalFrank77, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Flickering in Gaming

Whenever I play a game like CS:GO and roblox a white line flickers horizontally but I play alien shooter and nothing happens It works

But the screen flickers in CS:GO and roblox ? I want a fix please

Sohail Mohammed Ayan, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Horizontal white bars whenever I start up.

Check that the graphics card is firmly seated.

Bastet, Aug 16, 2016
  5. If I try to move it slightly upwards and downwards, should it wobble at all?

SpanishTashman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Horizontal white bars whenever I start up.

1. Horizontal white bars whenever I start up. - Similar Threads - Horizontal white bars

2. White line on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White line on start up: My pc crashed and I restarted - I now have a white line in the corner of my screen. Eventually I can get access to the bios file but no real clue what I’m doing in there. Is there any fix for this or is my pc dead in the water Thank you...
  3. White line on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White line on start up: My pc crashed and I restarted - I now have a white line in the corner of my screen. Eventually I can get access to the bios file but no real clue what I’m doing in there. Is there any fix for this or is my pc dead in the water Thank you...
  4. White bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White bar: Can anyone help?I've been getting a white bar at the top of my screen recently and can't quite figure out how to get rid of it.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-bar/57bf546f-b203-442f-b42e-c5be667466ef
  5. Horizontal bar in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Horizontal bar in File Explorer.: Hello, Somehow I activated the, as shown below, white bar under the search in File Explorer and I can't seem to find how to remove it. Can anyone help? [ATTACH]...
  6. White bar on top of apps that are starting,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White bar on top of apps that are starting,: Hello, I am Aryesh and I have a problem in my pc where if I open any built in windows apps, sometimes, there is a white bar on top of the application when it is starting, but if I drag it, or the application starts, the white bar on the top goes away, why? Any help is much...
  7. Black/white horizontal bar across the screen in Adobe and Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black/white horizontal bar across the screen in Adobe and Chrome: Hello all, Myself and the rest of our IT department have been struggling with this for almost 8 months now. The issue: Every day, in Adobe (Acrobat and Reader) and Google Chrome, one of our users is experiencing a bar that stretches across the entire screen. This bar...
  8. Start-up bar

Start-up bar: My startup bar is no responding and I can not do any task even shutting down the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-bar/06040b1e-efc8-4ea4-8772-1a410de22df7
  9. Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode shows white horizontal bar: I don't know why but my Surface shows me that horizontal bar, can I "reset" Dark Mode? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/dark-mode-shows-white-horizontal-bar/238cab5e-adcc-4adf-8367-3a21a2897bfc
  10. Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up

Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up: This happened after i had selected 'shut down and update' - cant get past this screen. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-book-displays-vertical-white-bars-when/68edaa58-720b-4d04-bc60-563446bea222