Windows 10: HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3)

Discus and support HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 3.5 drives I would like to put it in an enclosure. I became aware of this enclosure from an earlier post. I would like that enclosure to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikeincousa, Nov 4, 2018.

1. HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3)

I have 2 3.5 drives I would like to put it in an enclosure.

I became aware of this enclosure from an earlier post.

I would like that enclosure to be both Window 10 and Ubuntu friendly. I think this one is? Please correct me if I am wrong.

The JBOD Mode or lack of built in RAID functioning is not a problem.

Again stretching back, is there a way to configure this JBOD Mode enclosure to the first or second raid level through and app?

Thanks for any thoughts, suggestions, and guidance.

HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3) - DUAL BAY - JBOD - HDD ENCLOSURES

:)

mikeincousa, Nov 4, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

USB 3 dual bay HDD storage with built in RAID

Hi there

This is a Brilliant device for people who need to add more storage without having to go NAS route etc etc.

Cost 50 EUR -- small -- just a tiny bit bigger than the actual HDD's themseleves (3.5 inch HDD's max 2 X 5TB capacity). In USA you could probably get this box for around 40 - 45 USD.

There's an internal switch 4 options

1) Built in RAID 0.

2) Built in RAID 1.

3) Independent Disks - run as two independent separate HDD's,

4) JBOD mode - Just a Bunch of Disks -- aggregates the HDD's into a single volume.

Simply format HDD's first (Linux / Ios (Mac) / Windows) and then select operating mode. Comes with "Intelligent power" also -- powers off if Host powers off too. Great piece of kit. Note if HDD's already formated just plug them in.

I'm replacing 2 X 2 TB from a NAS box with 2 X 5 TB HDD's so the 2 X 2 TB will go nicely into this box.

Really small size, neat and works at full USB3 speed so perfectly OK for backups and even multi media sharing. There's also a switchable Fan if you are worried about heat from HDD's.

Note though this box doesn't have a 2.5 inch --> 3.5 inch adapter so only 3.5 inch HDD's will fit --also they must be the SATA type (not the old IDE ones -if anybody still uses those).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 4, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    More storage - NAS or enclosure via USB

Hi there

I'm needing more HDD storage.

Can't decide whether dedicated NAS storage -- expensive -- even 2 bay (empty no HDD supplied) costs around 150 - 200 USD or use a much cheaper external storage box with SATA/ USB3 connectors.

I have 2 X spare USB3 connectors on each of my 2 current NAS server boxes which I rarely use so I'm leaning towards the USB3 box idea. The transfer speed is perfectly fast enough for what I need - in an case this extra storage will be merely for backups / archives while the multi-media files are on the internal HDD's on the servers.

I'm Interested in any thoughts people might have on this one.

My gut feel is to buy this box (USB 3 speed up to 480 mib/s) -- around 40 EUR (excluding HDD's). Will move 2 X 2 TB from one NAS server to this box and install 2 X 4 TB or 2 X 5TB into the server. Once connected I'll rarely have to remove them and the servers are hidden out of the way so I won't even see the extra box. My RAID device will also allow the two external HDD's to be configured into RAID 0 / 1 -- I'll probably use RAID 0 and create 1 logical device as I don't need to worry here about data integrity on this box. It's only recoverable archives that will be stored here.

50 EUR where I am seems a better way for me than a dedicated NAS storage which I don't really need.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 4, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3)

Theres NO excuse for NOT taking Backups 8 Mins for Windows !!

Hi folks

Good external USB 3 HDD connection system is : the 2-bay Hornettek X2-U3 Dual Bay USB3.0 hard drive enclosure HT-3210U3

Get the RAID one -- I've got 2 of these both fitted with 2 X 3 TB 7200 rpm Blue Seagate HDD's.

HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3) [​IMG]

Brilliant piece of kit -- you can set to RAID 0, Raid1, JBOD or individual Disks --I use as RAID 0 --nice and fast and as these are not connected all the time RAID 0 is perfectly OK. When disconnected from the computer the device powers off without you having to "switch off" from the mains --recommended piece of kit. Approx 45 EUR plus the cost of the HDD's of course.

HDD's just slide in -- note though not "Hot swappable" and if changing from say individual HDD mode to RAID you need to press the reset switch inside the unit while it's powered on, But small, unobtrusive and a great way of using old HDD's (note must be SATA type - you can't use old IDE only HDD's in the unit).

No computer drivers needed even when in RAID mode -- computer sees as Prolific USB->Sata Bridge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3)

1. HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3) - Similar Threads - HornetTek JBOD USB

2. USB 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 3: Somebody fixed my USB 3 ports With the May 2023 Driver. They haven’ worked correctly for more than a year and several driver updates. Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3/68c903ad-082d-4aef-8c7d-a40abdfca86c
  3. USB 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3: Somebody fixed my USB 3 ports With the May 2023 Driver. They haven’ worked correctly for more than a year and several driver updates. Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3/68c903ad-082d-4aef-8c7d-a40abdfca86c
  4. U3 Launchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    U3 Launchpad: i downloaded a bunch of music and videos onto a Cruzer Micro 1.0GB usb back in 2009. i tried to download on to my windows pc. it didnt work. how do i get my ciles downloaded on to my pc? ur help would be greatly appreciated. THANX HOSS...
  5. U3 Launchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    U3 Launchpad: i downloaded a bunch of music and videos onto a Cruzer Micro 1.0GB usb back in 2009. i tried to download on to my windows pc. it didnt work. how do i get my ciles downloaded on to my pc? ur help would be greatly appreciated. THANX HOSS...
  6. JBOD connection to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JBOD connection to Windows 10: I have an iSTAR JBOD J355 fitted with 5 Nos. 6TB drives and have used a eSATA Port Multiplier 1:5 Device Adapter ZAGE-D-5SAES-PM board for connectivity to my Dell Optiplex 7060 PC. I have installed a StarTech 2 Port PCI Express SATA 6 GBps controller card PEXESAT3221 on the...
  7. JBOD Windows 10 questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    JBOD Windows 10 questions: How come we don't hear about JBOD with Windows? Does Windows support JBOD well? I have a bunch of unused drives sitting in my closet. They are different sizes, some 2 TB, 4 TB, some 6 TB, so I really can't build up a RAID array. So I was wondering about JBOD, as a way to use...
  8. is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD: Good Day, Q.1 if i use Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD mode, and one of the 4 drives fails the others will still be readable/accessible ? Q.2 in Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD mode, when one of the drives fails can i replace it without broken the JBOD mode ? Q.3 Can i simply remove the...
  9. HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3)

in Windows 10 Support
    HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 (HT-3210U3): I have 2 3.5 drives I would like to put it in an enclosure. I became aware of this enclosure from an earlier post. I would like that enclosure to be both Window 10 and Ubuntu friendly. I think this one is? Please correct me if I am wrong. The JBOD Mode or lack of built in...
  10. Raid 0 Vs JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) (Hardware)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Raid 0 Vs JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) (Hardware): Hi there Was wondering if RAID 0 (hardware) was faster than JBOD (just a Bunch of Disks). - Some of these 2 / 4 bay HDD devices have hardware RAID / JBOD / Individual HDD settings. Note RAID 0 (speed) --not interested in RAID 1 / 10 which these boxes do --I've enough...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HornetTek X2-U3 JBOD USB 3.0 pdf

2. ht-3210u3 dip switch settings

3. hornettek support

4. jbod enclosure usb 3,
  5. hornettek windows 10 drivers