Windows 10: Horrendous problem with Windows 10

Discus and support Horrendous problem with Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had all kinds of problems since I got a computer with Windows 10. I've posted here many times, and I have yet to find a real solution. 1. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by verylowtech, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Horrendous problem with Windows 10

I have had all kinds of problems since I got a computer with Windows 10. I've posted here many times, and I have yet to find a real solution.

1. I've never had Windows 10 on a PC before. I love Windows 7. I do have Word 7 on this new computer, which works just fine.

2. Sometimes, my Internet connection just drops, which has never happened before. It never occurred before I started using Windows 10.

3. Pages are slow to load.

4. My Yahoo account screws up all the time, whether I'm using Firefox, Edge, or Opera.

5. Pages with a lot of images rarely load well.

6. I installed the most recent update, which caused all of the problems listed in the previous points.

7. A Microsoft tech guy named Michael told me to download the ISO file to a flash drive and use it. He said it would solve all my problems, "100%".

8. I haven't yet reinstalled Windows 10. A guy I know who works in IT said it should be a last-ditch effort.

9. I am currently unable to use my Yahoo email, and most pages are too slow.

What do I do?

:)

verylowtech, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Horrendous problem with Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Horrendous problem with Windows 10

1. Horrendous problem with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Horrendous problem

2. microsoft photos and store problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft photos and store problem: MY MICROSOFT PHOTOS WAS WORKING SLOWLY AND SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING AND AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED FROM THE APPS ALTHOUGH VISIBLE IN START MENU BUT NOT OPENING AND WHEN OPEN MICROSOFT STORE FOR HELP FIND THERE WAS AN INSTALL OPTION FOR PHOTOS AND WHEN I CLICK ON THE OPTION IT...
  3. Various problems, including downloading and activation issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Various problems, including downloading and activation issues: About a month ago, I got 3 months free of Xbox Game Pass from Discord Nitro, and I went to download the Xbox app, but it didn't download. The installer just said "Making things awesome..." forever. I thought maybe I was downloading the wrong one and I went to download it from...
  4. How do I fix the problem where my audio cuts out after every reboot/boot up sequence for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix the problem where my audio cuts out after every reboot/boot up sequence for...: I will go to turn on my pc and then I will join a discord server or turn on Spotify just to be RTC connecting on discord or Spotify won't let me unpause my music. Also no audio output works. Then 3 minutes later my sound icon next to the time will have like a red x over it...
  5. Windows 10 latest update now have a problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest update now have a problem: PC Info Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 16362 System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Intel I7-6700K BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte technology Co., BaseBoard Product Z170-HD3P-SFBaseBoard Installed Ram 16GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Asus USB-AC56 bo2.11ac...
  6. Many Serious Problems... Please Help!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many Serious Problems... Please Help!!: My file explorer is somewhat corrupted, all files regardless of format show as blank papers. Settings quits when I try to open it, and when I tried to verify files using sfc /scannow it found files it could not repair. "windows resource protection found corrupt files but was...
  7. PROBLEM WITH ASPECT RATIO IN GAMES

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM WITH ASPECT RATIO IN GAMES: I've got this problem with the last major Windows update. Every time I try to launch a game with a 4:3 aspect ratio, the game just stretches to my whole screen instead of being normal 4:3 with the black bars on the sides this occurs only in fullscreen, if I launch a game in...
  8. Microsoft account problem notification but i never changed the password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft account problem notification but i never changed the password: This keeps appearing when I open my pc yet I never changed the password and I don t think anyone logged in besides me. Could I be hacked or is this just a glitch? submitted by /u/bstoica9904 [link] [comments]...
  9. On battery power, geekbench score drops horrendously

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On battery power, geekbench score drops horrendously: So I was just running a basic geekbench CPU test (the one available on the free version) on my PC (Dell G7 with Intel i9 8950HK and 16GB RAM). While plugged in, the results were 1304 single core and 5042 multi core (I have 6 cores). But on battery power, they were 762 and...
  10. Horrendous Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Horrendous Updates: Does anyone know if Microsoft has solved this KB4532693 KB4532691 update scandal or are we to be left risking destroying our systems because they can't be bothered. If so then perhaps we must draw the conclusion that Windows has run its course and is in effect a future...