Windows 10: Horrendous Updates

Discus and support Horrendous Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does anyone know if Microsoft has solved this KB4532693 KB4532691 update scandal or are we to be left risking destroying our systems because they can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hitbit_3, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Hitbit_3 Win User

Horrendous Updates

Does anyone know if Microsoft has solved this KB4532693 KB4532691 update scandal or are we to be left risking destroying our systems because they can't be bothered. If so then perhaps we must draw the conclusion that Windows has run its course and is in effect a future useless product. Possibly it is no longer a money spinner for Microsoft and they simply won't invest in it. They could at least release a statement appraising us of the situation.

hitbit

:)

Hitbit_3, Mar 8, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Horrendous Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 8, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Mar 8, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Horrendous Updates

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Horrendous Updates

1. Horrendous Updates - Similar Threads - Horrendous Updates

2. Microsoft, why did you design OS to be so horrendous? snapdragon and ARM processor related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft, why did you design OS to be so horrendous? snapdragon and ARM processor related: So many people wonder what in the world microsoft was thinking when they made windows 11. I'm officially done with microsoft after going back and forth with tech support and doing hours of advanced troubleshooting. If any microsoft employees are reading this, don't bother...
  3. Microsoft, why did you design OS to be so horrendous? snapdragon and ARM processor related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft, why did you design OS to be so horrendous? snapdragon and ARM processor related: So many people wonder what in the world microsoft was thinking when they made windows 11. I'm officially done with microsoft after going back and forth with tech support and doing hours of advanced troubleshooting. If any microsoft employees are reading this, don't bother...
  4. Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004: I have an Acer Aspire TC-780-EB12 desktop that is four years old. It came with Windows 10 installed, and it has worked very well for me, until it upgraded to Windows 10 version 20H2. Now, it is extremely slow to log in to, and when I try to start any apps, they take minutes...
  5. After the new Windows update my wifi adapter is horrendously slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After the new Windows update my wifi adapter is horrendously slow: I have an ASUS PCE AC51 wireless network adapter that was working fine yesterday around 80 MBPS until Windows decided to update itself, and now I can't even load the speed test site to see how slow it is. Probably less than 1 MBPS.My other devices are working fine, and the...
  6. Why are all the options gone? This is horrendous. The black screen is my 4 year old pc...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are all the options gone? This is horrendous. The black screen is my 4 year old pc...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RemyStemple [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mrh4yw/why_are_all_the_options_gone_this_is_horrendous/
  7. Horrendous stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Horrendous stutter: Alright, so, my issue is that my computer is now stuttering, a lot, and only when my disk usage goes up, even by a little bit, it can go from 3% to 6% and boom, stutter. Not only that, but it stutters and lags a lot when the disk usage is above even 30% meaning downloading a...
  8. Horrendous lag spikes every minute for 2-3 seconds. Happens on 2 different machines (1909 &...

Horrendous lag spikes every minute for 2-3 seconds. Happens on 2 different machines (1909 &...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UsernameSixtyNine2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6lukd/horrendous_lag_spikes_every_minute_for_23_seconds/
  9. Horrendous problem with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Horrendous problem with Windows 10: I have had all kinds of problems since I got a computer with Windows 10. I've posted here many times, and I have yet to find a real solution. 1. I've never had Windows 10 on a PC before. I love Windows 7. I do have Word 7 on this new computer, which works just fine. 2....
  10. On battery power, geekbench score drops horrendously

On battery power, geekbench score drops horrendously: So I was just running a basic geekbench CPU test (the one available on the free version) on my PC (Dell G7 with Intel i9 8950HK and 16GB RAM). While plugged in, the results were 1304 single core and 5042 multi core (I have 6 cores). But on battery power, they were 762 and...