Windows 10: Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago

Discus and support Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since Windows 10 installed updates when I shut down my PC two weeks ago, games have had very poor performance. I mean they are unplayable. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ornithophilia, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago

Ever since Windows 10 installed updates when I shut down my PC two weeks ago, games have had very poor performance. I mean they are unplayable. All games run like garbage. Very slow, lots of major lag, and many things do not even load in the games since the Windows Update two weeks ago. This started happening literally the next time I started up my PC after installing those updates. My games ran perfectly fine before Windows installed those updates. I use this PC and play games on this PC every day so I know what is normal and what is not. This horrible gaming performance is far from normal. Final Fantasy XIV went from running with really great performance to unplayable overnight when Microsoft installed updates and this game as well as other games really lag and have horrible performance since the update and it has yet to clear up on any game. I cannot even keep up with other players in dungeons because of how bad the game runs now. I do not see AoE telegraphs and I constantly die before my screen even shows it because of how bad the performance is since that Microsoft update. It went from running really well at 10 PM one night to unplayable after starting up my PC at 8 AM the next morning with literally the only change made to my PC was Windows installing updates at shutdown. I have no clue what Microsoft installed with their update two weeks ago but it definitely ruins gaming performance. I posted the issue on Microsoft's forums, HP forums, Nvidia forums, Reddit, as well as Final Fantasy XIV forums and the forums of a couple other now unplayable games that used to run great. I have not gotten a single response at any of these places. It is as if the update only affected my PC or there is an obvious incredibly easy fix that is so obvious that nobody wants to respond to the problem. As I said, this was not an issue at all the night before the Windows update, but was a problem immediately following, and it has been a problem ever since. Nvidia drivers had an update a couple days ago but no change in the horrible performance. Here are my PC specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/S...mT8EYsddkcUrVw Does anybody know how to fix this or what the problem could be?

:)

Ornithophilia, Jul 20, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

AMD Outs Second Catalyst Performance Driver In A Week

AMD rolled out its second Catalyst performance driver update in a week, with the Catalyst 11.11b. It follows Catalyst 11.11a, which was released earlier this week. A performance driver update is what AMD used to call "Hotfixes", they are updates for recently-released WHQL-signed drivers, featuring some performance improvements fresh from the Catalyst developer team. In includes all the changes 11.11a brings to the table, plus the ones listed below:
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    • New in Catalyst 11.11b: Delivers AMD CrossFire performance scaling for AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
      o AMD Radeon HD 5000 CrossFire support will be supported soon in an updated driver
    Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
    • New in Catalyst 11.11b: Delivers AMD CrossFire performance scaling
    DOWNLOAD: AMD Catalyst 11.11b Performance Driver for Windows 7 and Vista | Windows XP

btarunr, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago

Windows 10 Chess Game

Hi Susan,

There are several possible explanations as to why you're encountering performance and stability issues during gameplay. Here's a list of the common factors:

• A corrupted user account data
    • Corrupted game data
    • Software conflicts
    • An outdated game version

Running the Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with Windows 10 games. Click this

link
    to run this troubleshooter.

We also suggest checking if there are updates available for the game. See
    Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions.

Catherine Cus., Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago

1. Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago - Similar Threads - Horrible game performance

2. Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago: Windows Update now wants to reinstall KB5027538 a .NET update which I had installed a few weeks ago. A few days ago I had installed a "preview" .NET update KB5011048. What is going on? Which one is correct?JohnD...
  3. Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago: Windows Update now wants to reinstall KB5027538 a .NET update which I had installed a few weeks ago. A few days ago I had installed a "preview" .NET update KB5011048. What is going on? Which one is correct?JohnD...
  4. Windows Update wants to reinstall an update I did two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update causing horrible gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update causing horrible gaming performance?: Went through and updated my MSI laptop 12900H and 3080ti. I was not updating from Windows 10 to 11. Just simply checked for updates to the current system and did so. Ever since I've updated, my games run like TRASH. MW2 running at 130fps before, now getting 40-50fps and my...
  6. Update causing horrible gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update causing horrible gaming performance?: Went through and updated my MSI laptop 12900H and 3080ti. I was not updating from Windows 10 to 11. Just simply checked for updates to the current system and did so. Ever since I've updated, my games run like TRASH. MW2 running at 130fps before, now getting 40-50fps and my...
  7. Several issues since a week ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Several issues since a week ago.: An important thing: at december 4th my computer was updated, yes it was updated by windows update itself. That update corrupted a lot of files to the point that i couldnt even open programs that i had installed and also couldnt open windows defender. I fixed it by...
  8. DPC watchdog error after Windows update two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DPC watchdog error after Windows update two weeks ago: I have a MSI Gaming PC, an Asus and lenovo yoga laptops that started getting Dpc watchdogs errors after a windows update. I even went as far as rebuild ing the laptops from a new windows install and qorksbfine up until the update s kicks in and i go after it restarts it...
  9. BSOD started to appear since a week ago.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD started to appear since a week ago.: Hi. I'm using Macbook Pro 2018 15"i7-8750H, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Radeon Pro 560x. Suddenly I've been getting this BSOD since a week ago. Here's dump: ********************************************************************************...
  10. BSOD stared to appear since a week ago.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD stared to appear since a week ago.: Hi. I'm using Macbook Pro 2018 15"i7-8750H, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Radeon Pro 560x. Suddenly I've been getting this BSOD since a week ago. Here's dump: ********************************************************************************...