Windows 10: Horrible Lag/Constant Freezes

Discus and support Horrible Lag/Constant Freezes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just got this Dell G7 not more than 5 months ago, and just a few days ago out of the blue the computer began acting very weirdly albeit no changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KyleLee088, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Horrible Lag/Constant Freezes

I just got this Dell G7 not more than 5 months ago, and just a few days ago out of the blue the computer began acting very weirdly albeit no changes being made (no installation of any apps, anti-virus test came back clean).

1. BIOS boot time spiked from around 5 seconds to 11 seconds
    2. After startup, a black screen with the loading mouse icon appears for 30~40 seconds before the lock screen appears, and then it takes another 30 seconds for me to be able to enter my PIN
    3. The computer would frequently freeze, leaving everything frozen or not responding, only my mouse is able to move around but not able to click anything
    4. For 2 days, Task Manager showed that System interrupts were using 100% of my CPU, but that has since disappeared
    5. While playing games, the computer would run fine but suddenly it would freeze for 2 or 3 seconds before returning back to normal again every 5 minutes or so
    6. Microsoft Store keeps on trying to download "Forza Horizon 4" even after repeated cancels and uninstalls when it shows up under the recently added list in the start menu. The Store shows that it is trying to download a total of 17 million GB for the game.

Any ideas what on earth is going on? Let me know if any additional info or test/scan results is required.

Thanks!

:)

KyleLee088, Mar 24, 2019

2. Freezing or extremely browser with constant keyboard-typing-lagging. please, help.- i tried everything possible.

hi, i spent two days now trying to fix the freezing or extremely slow browser(s) with constant lagging of my keyboard-typing-lagging as of now.

after cleaning, defrag, deactivation of auto-run-programs, visus-and malware-scan etc. etc. nothing helps., please, help!

i need an expert. thank you. keyvan

KeyvanDavani, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 24, 2019
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Horrible Lag/Constant Freezes

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Horrible Lag/Constant Freezes

1. Horrible Lag/Constant Freezes - Similar Threads - Horrible Lag Constant

2. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  3. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  4. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Horrible M&K input Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horrible M&K input Lag: Ive had this problem for years, ive tried basically everything to fix it and its a massive problem when playing games such as call of duty, i talked to some people at microsoft, some said to get rid of corrupted files and some said to reinstall windows, has anyone else had...
  7. My laptop lags horribly when it's charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop lags horribly when it's charging: I tried chaging power settings, updating drivers and updating windows, nothing worked. it's not on games, it's my whole pc lags horribly when it's charging. Laptop: MSi GL75 9SD Windows 10 Version 2004...
  8. Screen constantly flickers and game performance lags/freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen constantly flickers and game performance lags/freezes: Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but I recently updated yesterday to Windows 1909, and now my screen is constantly flickering black every so often, and my performance in games has gotten so bad where it lags during game play or just freezes, and I have...
  9. Horrible input lag on Forza Horizon 4.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrible input lag on Forza Horizon 4.: I am experiencing horrible input lag in Forza Horizon 4. Whenever I press A or D, it takes a few seconds for the game to actually react. And some other times, it keeps steering to the left or right despite me not holding any key at all. How do I fix this issue?...
  10. Constant lag/freeze on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant lag/freeze on my computer: Hello guys, so, my computer is lagging a lot for no apparent reason, and that's happening since it had a problem with turning it on, where when i pushed the turn on button it'd turn on and off constantly, and now that's back, this really bad lag happens, sometimes my screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CONSTANT FREEZE LAG ON GAMES