Windows 10: Horrid Block Nyala Font

Discus and support Horrid Block Nyala Font in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use Amharic text. Now I have this block Amharic font for Nyala and all other Amharic font. All my old Word files are in the old preferred Nyala text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KEDDISTSELLASSIE, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Horrid Block Nyala Font

I use Amharic text. Now I have this block Amharic font for Nyala and all other Amharic font. All my old Word files are in the old preferred Nyala text have been changed to the gross block Amharic text. Is this change in Windows 10 set in stone? Please help me.

:)

KEDDISTSELLASSIE, Jan 20, 2022
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jan 20, 2022
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Horrid Block Nyala Font

IE 11 blocking font download on some Specific PC's

Hi,

I am using ICOMOON to include fonts in WebAPP.

IE11 is blocking font download. The error displayed in the console is CSS3111.

This is happening on some of the PC's and not all the PC's.

Tried the following options...

1. Checked the Font Download option in the Internet Explorer settings. Font download is enabled Custom Level Settings.

2. Changed the Group Policy to Enable and set the value as "Do not block untrusted fonts". Earlier it was set to Not Configured.

3. Tried to turn on and use the Blocking Untrusted Fonts feature through the registry.

4. Converted the fonts to Base64 encoding but fonts were not rendered. (Refer the 2nd URL)

The following URL was referred to solve the Issue:

Block untrusted fonts in an enterprise (Windows 10) - Windows security | Microsoft Docs

data Protocol

These fonts can't be installed as these are custom Icon fonts.

Can anyone suggest any other option to fix this issue.

IE11 Version List where this Issue is observed.

Thanks.

NirmalParwate, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Horrid Block Nyala Font

1. Horrid Block Nyala Font - Similar Threads - Horrid Block Nyala

2. Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11: Hi,I have a strange problem.In every other application, ClearType works perfectly. Everything is smooth.But only in Notepad, only in this application... the font is always jagged. It's not font-specific—the symptom occurs in every single font that I've tried.ClearType is...
  3. Microsoft 11 is horrid!! slow and inefficient

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 11 is horrid!! slow and inefficient: I hate microsoft 11 it is slow, inefficient, it takes me an hour + longer to do simple tasks, I can't save to a file or save from a file in under 5 minutes.. the program lags, my mouse is jittery and shakes all over the place!!! i want 10 back...i don't have time to use 11! 1...
  4. Microsoft 11 is horrid!! slow and inefficient

Microsoft 11 is horrid!! slow and inefficient: I hate microsoft 11 it is slow, inefficient, it takes me an hour + longer to do simple tasks, I can't save to a file or save from a file in under 5 minutes.. the program lags, my mouse is jittery and shakes all over the place!!! i want 10 back...i don't have time to use 11! 1...
  5. The age old question - My Ethernet speed is horrid.

The age old question - My Ethernet speed is horrid.: I know many people have asked the same thing and now it’s my issue too. I just built a PC, unplugged the Ethernet cable in it’s a CAT6 and I hoped everything would work. YouTube, I get too quality pretty quick, but when it comes to downloading stuff, my speeds are doo doo....
  6. Horrid Block Nyala Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Horrid Block Nyala Font: I use Amharic text. Now I have this block Amharic font for Nyala and all other Amharic font. All my old Word files are in the old preferred Nyala text have been changed to the gross block Amharic text. Is this change in Windows 10 set in stone? Please help me....
  7. Horrid Block Nyala Font

Horrid Block Nyala Font: I use Amharic text. Now I have this block Amharic font for Nyala and all other Amharic font. All my old Word files are in the old preferred Nyala text have been changed to the gross block Amharic text. Is this change in Windows 10 set in stone? Please help me....
  8. HORRID BEHAVIOR OF FILE EXPLORER.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HORRID BEHAVIOR OF FILE EXPLORER.: What is the corporate strategic end game for Microsoft refusing to fix the horrid behavior of File Explorer? This among a handful of other totally annoying and disruptive behaviors in MS Word and MS Excel just seem to be ignored by each successive generation of development...
  9. Absolutely horrid performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Absolutely horrid performance: One of my sons has a Dell Inspiron 15 7000, I5, 8th Gen, 8Gb of memory, 2TB of disk. Starting a couple weeks ago, he began to experience some very bad performance issues that he told me about 2 or 3 days ago. I just spent 2 or 3 hours trying to figure something out, and I...
  10. horrid FPS drops and beeps. [laptop]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    horrid FPS drops and beeps. [laptop]: just today, I started getting FPS drops sporadically, and they won’t stop. When they happen I get a beep, the same one that occurs when I unplug the charger from my laptop. When I turn it on, there’s a black screen and a mouse. please help. I use this laptop for studying. I...