Windows 10: Horror Movie turns into Dumb and Dumber Comedy

Discus and support Horror Movie turns into Dumb and Dumber Comedy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This isn't a question. It's a story. Sit back, relax, because it should bemuse you for a moment. Alright. Almost 3 years ago I switched from 3 decades... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Horror Movie turns into Dumb and Dumber Comedy

This isn't a question. It's a story. Sit back, relax, because it should bemuse you for a moment.

Alright. Almost 3 years ago I switched from 3 decades of Mac only to the PC. Yes, that's right. Windows 10 was the first MS system that didn't make me cringe at first glance. It's really grown on me, in fact.

But every so often I come to this extremely helpful board (thank you) and try to answer questions. The problem is so many people are having HORROR SHOW problems. "Umm... my mouses around the screen but nothing opens or closes." "OMG! I boot up and get the recovery screen!!!" "Hey -- why can't I save anything anymore?!?"

These and similar questions terrify me. I hear the lengthy complex responses and thank my lucky stars almost everything I need is backed up. I typically have no feasible responses outside of wipe and reinstall. Well...

... this morning...

... I boot my PC and the external monitor is black. Not off, but zero on it. No 'Asus'... no 'HDMI connection'... just black with the edges faintly LED illuminated. DRAT! So I used the tried and true just reboot and see if it happens again. Right? Why not. It --

-- happens again. !!!!

I think, I consider, I remember -- OH YEAH -- we just had a cumulative update! Days ago! SuperDRAT! I pick up my phone and ask Google what's what with black screens and I'm told 'Google ain't available right now'.

HOLY CARP! The entire internet has been attacked by terrorists!!!! (Did I mention I hadn't had my coffee yet and I'm running a bit groggy?) *Tongue

So I manually type my query into Google -- and it offers a site that opens with "Why there's only a thousand reasons why a Windows 10 PC might have a dark screen at boot!" (It didn't say a 1000 but it felt like it *Redface)

The first bit of advice? Check to see if your PC and monitor are still properly connected. I'm like GIVE ME A BREAK! *Rolleyes What -- do you think I'm a mucking foron or something? Of course it's connected!!! Look, I'll show you -- see right here where...

... the HDMI cable was barely connected to the PC.

*Think*Redface*Sad*Tongue

:)

The Pool Man, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Rowsol Win User

PLEASE help me make sense of my sound card. I'm baffled.

LOL @ kingping's avatar. Dumb and dumber is my #1 comedy of all time. I pretty much know every line in the movie.

Rowsol, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Horror Movie turns into Dumb and Dumber Comedy

All Sorts of Movies, Music, and Comedy Coming to the PSP

Josh Freund from GamesAreFun.com went to the trouble of making an unofficial list of what movies, taped music performances/concerts, and comedy shows are to be released on UMD (Sony's Universal Media Disk) for the PSP. It's a large list and can be found on the above link. Most movies are from Sony's own movie branch which is expected.

Some notable ones, according to my taste in movies/TV, are:
    Super Troopers - 7/05
    Air Force One - 7/19
    Armageddon - 7/19
    Kill Bill - Volume 1 and 2 (sold separately) - vol. 1 already available, vol. 2 coming - July 19
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail - July 26
    The Replacement Killers - August 09
    Dave Chappelle - For What It's Worth - August 16
    Sin City - August 16
    The Rock - August 16
    Snatch - August 23
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - September 13 *Smile Horror Movie turns into Dumb and Dumber Comedy :)
    Ren and Stimpy Volume 1 1/2ish - sometime in December
    The Incredibles - sometime in December

I don't think it's worth buying a movie on DVD and UMD, unless they are packaged together at only a few buck more than the DVD by itself. But some movies are great for watching anytime. I imagine it will be mainly movie buffs and parents with their children that will start collecting UMD movies. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future Sony offers DVD players and TV's with built in support for watching UMD's. Well, that's only if Sony is serious about selling this format long-term, past the life of the PSP, and that depends on if they release another handheld - a PSP2.

grazzhoppa, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Horror Movie turns into Dumb and Dumber Comedy

1. Horror Movie turns into Dumb and Dumber Comedy - Similar Threads - Horror Movie turns

2. Dumb Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dumb Process: Windows always does this. Anti Malware Service Executable has officially crashed every app known because of it's memory. No tutorial works. No website works. My PC works "fine". Explain why this dumb process does this?...
  3. Dumb Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dumb Process: Windows always does this. Anti Malware Service Executable has officially crashed every app known because of it's memory. No tutorial works. No website works. My PC works "fine". Explain why this dumb process does this?...
  4. Dumb question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb question: i want to install UltraUXthemepatcher, i know what windows ver i have but i don't know how to set that into ultrauxthemepatcher submitted by /u/Cubicalspy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3i55v/dumb_question/
  5. MICROPHONE IS DUMB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROPHONE IS DUMB: hello i have a problem with my microphone when i plug it in my pc it doesnt work it sees that its connected but doesnt have any audio just some noises i tried plugging it in the front and the back cjack but doesnt work then i plug it in my phone it works fine then my laptop...
  6. I was dumb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was dumb: So I turned on my Dell laptop and I was notified that my key was going to expire, so I followed a tutorial from a youtuber I knew and I copied a script from a website to a cmd file, ran it and nothing happened but I figured that it just didn't do anything bc the key hadn't...
  7. Cortana getting dumber?

in Cortana
    Cortana getting dumber?: I have got the new Windows Insider Preview of Windows, and used to love Cortana but now she can't do basic things like tell me the time! Is this a mistake and will be fixed in a future update? Any help would be awesome....
  8. this is dumb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this is dumb: I'm xbox live enforcement, and I got a suspension for no reason... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/this-is-dumb/8f60a42a-4680-428d-bc9c-09993e592a0a
  9. Fragmentation Horror Story

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fragmentation Horror Story: Due to a perfect storm of errors I had to do a clean install of windows 10 yesterday, though I noticed after reinstalling everything my computer was acting rather sluggish. I ran auslogics DiskDefrag and found that my hard drive was 24% fragmented and it got me wondering....
  10. Horrors of the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Horrors of the Anniversary Update: I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop and I had problems with the update on all of them and went back to Windows 10 and would really like to go back to Windows 7. The first thing I noticed with the update on the laptops was the touchpad started acting different. Like just moving the...