Windows 10: Hosed update

Discus and support Hosed update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Hosed update

I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into Linux. Sounds like a NTLDR problem to me but I don’t know if Win10 still has this.

Suggestions?

:)

Mayagrafix, Nov 26, 2015
  2. pjcamp Win User

What does error code 0xc1900204 mean

Windows update is hosed. This is the error.

pjcamp, Nov 26, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Why is Hyper-V-Manager consuming so much bandwidth?

Put another way: If I'm holding a garden hose spraying water, is the water coming from me or the hose?

BulldogXX, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

Hosed update

1. Hosed update - Similar Threads - Hosed update

2. Windows update hosed my computer settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update hosed my computer settings: I had a windows update on my machine about 2 weeks ago and there was a restart. When I logged back in it had caused outlook and office pro to stop working and every time I tried to restart outlook it would go into a repair state that never did fix the problem. My docs...
  3. MS apparently pushed out an OFFICE 365 update. Cool new look, but they hosed Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS apparently pushed out an OFFICE 365 update. Cool new look, but they hosed Outlook 365: Another update, another wasted afternoon trying to get work done. MS apparently pushed out an OFFICE 365 update. Cool new look, BUT I CAN'T READ MAIL IN OUTLOOK (Office 365). I'm trying to get it Version they pushed out .. [ATTACH] A sample of the mess I've got; it can't...
  4. MS apparently pushed out an OFFICE 365 update. Cool new look, but they hosed Outlook 365

MS apparently pushed out an OFFICE 365 update. Cool new look, but they hosed Outlook 365: Another update, another wasted afternoon trying to get work done. MS apparently pushed out an OFFICE 365 update. Cool new look, BUT I CAN'T READ MAIL IN OUTLOOK (Office 365). I'm trying to get it Version they pushed out .. [ATTACH] A sample of the mess I've got; it can't...
  5. Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware: Hi folks After a Macrium restore to a different machine I've got an SD card and a Memory stick showing although these are HDD's and can be accessed normally. Any idea how I can "Regularize" the icons - Macrium restored Windows from a Sony laptop which did have those but the...
  6. VMware Rel 14,Insider 17713 keyboard hosed after Poweing off VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Rel 14,Insider 17713 keyboard hosed after Poweing off VM: Hi folks After running a VM on Insider W10 Pro 17713 with Vmware workstation Rel 14 the HOST Keyboard mapping gets hosed up and can't be undone until host re-booted. Note HOST machine running Insider rel 17713 - VM's a variety of Linux and Windows machines. Definitely W10...
  7. My user account is hosed yet again....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My user account is hosed yet again....: Over the past year I have had to re-create my user account at least 10 times for various reasons. This time, edge will not load web pages. I tried to reset the W10 installation to fix it but it didn't work. I found Edge works fine after creating an alternate user account. Why...
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Hosed my Calendar

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Hosed my Calendar: I found out that the Anniversary Update which I downloaded and installed on August 3rd completely hosed all my calendar entries (Windows 10 Calendar App) for the last several years. I have a lot of medical information - not critical, of course - but handy and important for me...
  9. I HATE the Store -- How to Hose up perfectly good apps (PLEX)

I HATE the Store -- How to Hose up perfectly good apps (PLEX): Hi there I made the mistake of installing PLEX via the store -- what a dogs dinner they've made of the PLEX app -- complicated to use - no easy way to add libraries / modify libraries etc and can't find any way that it stays as a system service in the hidden system icons...
  10. auto update hoses up audio again - how to fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto update hoses up audio again - how to fix: Hi there. I can't find any way of disabling specific updates (that trick of bringing back Windows update to the control panel doesn't work any more). So the HD VIA audio driver got re-installed. To remove again simply as before right mouse click against the driver (via...