Windows 10: Host a game server on a website

Discus and support Host a game server on a website in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; im trying to setup a minecraft server to be hosted on my github page. How do i do this??? Please i need help with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TastelessCone16, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Host a game server on a website

im trying to setup a minecraft server to be hosted on my github page. How do i do this??? Please i need help with this

:)

TastelessCone16, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Castiel Win User

Dedicated Server Host

I would contact Digital Ocean before implementing a game server on a droplet. Because it is still shared hosting, this is basically built for websites and applications. FYI, they are a new company and I would read the reviews for them because I have seen several times people have lost their data due to their "SSD" solutions.

I would suggest to price match your best out of dedicated game server hosting, don't try to use a web hosting company. Because you will max out the shared resources when the server is full.

Castiel, Mar 18, 2019
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    Dedicated Server Host

I tried out digital ocean and had alot of trouble getting their ubuntu install to cooperate so I canceled and they refunded me. Their customer support was quick and courteous, but because they were "an unmanaged server provider" he kept sending me links to forum threads rather than answering questions. But I give him an A for effort.

I currently switched over to Looking for best VPS Hosting With SSD & DDoS Protection?

Using the 30gb ssd, 2gb of ram option they offer for $25. (and uses windows server which I'm much more well versed in.)

I'll be hosting a starbound server to see how it handles games like that once they get around to forwarding the port for me. (unless theirs a spot for me to do that myself that I can't seem to find on any cpanels)

ShiBDiB, Mar 18, 2019
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Host a game server on a website

What is the best host for websites and forums ?

tech site. don't know anything about server admin skills. but somebody else will do that.

i will be taking care of phpBB forum. website will be wordpress based. as you can see, trying to keep the cost down by using free alternatives, like wp and phpBB. So the planet and softlayer may be unfeasible right now. What others would you suggest in the meantime ?

Don't know what other CMS to use.

wolf2009, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Host a game server on a website

1. Host a game server on a website - Similar Threads - Host game server

2. Help Hosting FTP Server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Hosting FTP Server: Hello guys i wanted to host an FTP server on my windows 10 laptop so that i can access my files on my android phone,can some one really help me doing that? I saw some videos on youtube it wasnt helpfull as they were connecting other windows 10 pc not a mobile phone. Thanks...
  3. What is Service Host: Server?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is Service Host: Server?: Hi all, My new company requires us all to use Citrix Workspace for office related work. Ever since I've installed this software, I've noticed that my machine is super laggy. Even when I log off of Citrix Workspace and exit the application, I notice it is super slow. I...
  4. How to block a website in Windows etc/hosts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to block a website in Windows etc/hosts?: I want to block a games website from my computer and on the internet, one suggestion was to edit /etc/hosts and put in these rules. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ etc\hosts 127.0.0.1 http://crazygames.com 127.0.0.1 http://www.crazygames.com But it does not work....
  5. Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?: Hi, I run a home server for Hosting file shares, a Plex server, an LMS Squeezebox server, and Ubiquiti management server. The hardware is about 8 years old and I`m looking to upgrade. One thing I would like to do is some VR gaming (Elite Dangerous specifically) and I`m...
  6. Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?: Hi, I run a home server for Hosting file shares, a Plex server, an LMS Squeezebox server, and Ubiquiti management server. The hardware is about 8 years old and I`m looking to upgrade. One thing I would like to do is some VR gaming (Elite Dangerous specifically) and I`m...
  7. Windows 10 dedicated server hosting

Windows 10 dedicated server hosting: I cannot host any game servers on Windows 10 Enterprise as Halo Combat Evolved or Jedi Academy.. The ports do not list, as if windows 10 is preventing game software to list on ports. 125305
  8. Hosting a game

Hosting a game: I am hosting a game on my local network. I have other laptops connected to my network but I can't see them. How do I get them to join? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/hosting-a-game/17992b7d-0464-4ccd-9324-d5dcf952657b
  9. Block Websites using Hosts File in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Block Websites using Hosts File in Windows: How to: Block Websites using Hosts File in Windows How to Block Websites using Hosts File in Windows The Hosts file is used by the operating system to map human-friendly hostnames to numerical Internet Protocol (IP) addresses which identify and locate a host in an IP...
  10. Host FTP server on both

Host FTP server on both: I am thinking of making a dedicated FTP server to access files from anywhere, but on one computer it would be important that it still has access to the server, even when Internet connection is down. I know that I can connect the server PC to the PC that needs access with a...