Windows 10: Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.

Discus and support Host Computer can't share Quickbook files. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have Quickbook QB files stored on host computer sharing to one workstation. After upgrading to Windows 11, the host computer will no longer allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Texserena, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Texserena Win User

Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.

Have Quickbook QB files stored on host computer sharing to one workstation. After upgrading to Windows 11, the host computer will no longer allow access to the QB files in the Documents folder. I have tried Geek Squad and QB tech support. No resolutions yet.

:)

Texserena, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Ehstii Win User
    Recovering quickbook files??

would anyone here happen to know how to recover quickbook files?

i have a customers computer here at my shop and their laptop is shot. needs a new motherboard. they dont want to replace it but they need to save their quickbooks information becuase they run their whole restaurant business off of it. so anyway i was wondering if anyone knew how to recover any of these files. i have it plugged in externally to my PC and cant locate anything.

is there a program or anything that i can do to get these files.
    i cant find any backup, .qbb, or .qbw files.

any ideas would be nice!

Ehstii, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.

Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.

1. Host Computer can't share Quickbook files. - Similar Threads - Host Computer can't

2. Can't edit the hosts file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't edit the hosts file: I figured out a workaround: Go into Safe Mode. I was having issues with being unable to save changes because file was open in the system. There are quite a few threads about this, all of them locked now, but none seem to mention trying Safe Mode. All the complicated talks of...
  3. Shared folder on computer works fine but the computer hosting that shared folder does not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared folder on computer works fine but the computer hosting that shared folder does not...: I have 3 Win 11 computers on the same ethernet network. I have shared a folder on Computer A successfully. All computers can see it and save to it. However, computer A does not show when browsing for it in File Explorer/Network. Why does the computer not show up when I can...
  4. Shared folder on computer works fine but the computer hosting that shared folder does not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared folder on computer works fine but the computer hosting that shared folder does not...: I have 3 Win 11 computers on the same ethernet network. I have shared a folder on Computer A successfully. All computers can see it and save to it. However, computer A does not show when browsing for it in File Explorer/Network. Why does the computer not show up when I can...
  5. Can't access computer shared file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access computer shared file: I have a computer network LAN and I want to access the shared file from my co-worker's PC, but an error occur and this happens: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-computer-shared-file/a479aa8a-d3fc-4620-a2be-d178f6ec93c8
  6. Can't access computer shared file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access computer shared file: I have a computer network LAN and I want to access the shared file from my co-worker's PC, but an error occur and this happens: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-computer-shared-file/a479aa8a-d3fc-4620-a2be-d178f6ec93c8
  7. Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.: Have Quickbook QB files stored on host computer sharing to one workstation. After upgrading to Windows 11, the host computer will no longer allow access to the QB files in the Documents folder. I have tried Geek Squad and QB tech support. No resolutions yet....
  8. Can't edit Hosts file

Can't edit Hosts file: In the Path system32/Drivers/etc/hosts - the file does not show up but can be opened with win+r (notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts). When i try to edit it i cant save it and when i try to replace it dosent give me permission. the host file has a bunch of video game...
  9. can't find shared printer located on win 7 host computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't find shared printer located on win 7 host computer: I have a cannon d300 printer on a win 7 host computer. I am trying to connect a win 10 lap top to it. The laptop sees the printer but will not cause it to print. Troubleshooter says no issue found...
  10. Hosts File Alias not working with File Share

Hosts File Alias not working with File Share: I can set an alias in the hosts file on a win7 machine and access it just fine but doing the same in Win10 prompts for creds that never work even when entered correctly. What did win10 change? hosts file entry: 127.0.0.1 hostname alias \\ip - works fine \\hostname...