Windows 10: host machine name

Discus and support host machine name in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Win10 64bit. I need to make some configuration, and I read in the documentation: HTML Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Flaviu2, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Flaviu2 Win User

host machine name

I am using Win10 64bit. I need to make some configuration, and I read in the documentation:

HTML Code:
    What is host_machine ? This one ?

host machine name [​IMG]

:)

Flaviu2, Jan 7, 2021

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 7, 2021
  4. host machine name

Full machine name in host file not resolving to local ip 127.0.0.1 in windows 10

In windows 7 machine, mapping the full machine name to local host ip 127.0.0.1 in host file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) seems to be working fine.

Means after putting the below entry in host file, I ping with my full machine name and I'm getting reply from 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 Test-L7.mydomain.com

However the same configuration is not working in window 10 machine, ping returns actual ip 10.16.xx.xxx. I disconnected my network and did the ping, this time it return 127.0.0.1.

How to resolve full machine name to local ip 127.0.0.1 ?

Thanks

rakeshgopal, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

host machine name

1. host machine name - Similar Threads - host machine name

2. Pc name and host not associated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc name and host not associated: Hi. I want to connect my ubuntu virtual machine with windows 11 using samba. I use a phone dhcp network to conect my laptop so I need host names to do the configuration and not the ip. Ubuntu gets the dhcp ip and can be assigned to its hostname using dhclient -r and dhclient...
  3. Pc name and host not associated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc name and host not associated: Hi. I want to connect my ubuntu virtual machine with windows 11 using samba. I use a phone dhcp network to conect my laptop so I need host names to do the configuration and not the ip. Ubuntu gets the dhcp ip and can be assigned to its hostname using dhclient -r and dhclient...
  4. Get-service shows machine name as "." instead of actual machine's name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get-service shows machine name as "." instead of actual machine's name: HI All, when i run get-service be it local machine or remote machine it displays the machine name in output as "." instead of the name i want the machine name to be displayed instead can someone please help...
  5. Get-service shows machine name as "." instead of actual machine's name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get-service shows machine name as "." instead of actual machine's name: HI All, when i run get-service be it local machine or remote machine it displays the machine name in output as "." instead of the name i want the machine name to be displayed instead can someone please help...
  6. Get-service shows machine name as "." instead of actual machine's name

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues: One of my 3 Win11 computers host name is not showing up correctly on the network.Let's call the problem machine "Bob".On the 2 good PCs, "Bob" is shown in the Network section of File Explorer, but when I try to access it, I get the error "Windows cannot access \\Bob" - "Error...
  8. Host name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Host name: Hi, sometimes PC users forgot to close a file, and I get error that file is on use. I use "networkopenedfiles-x64" but I find that some PC has an "host name", some other no. Where can I add this value to windows local properties? [ATTACH]...
  9. Find Host names of all computers on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find Host names of all computers on LAN: Hi folks when file explorer doesn't show all computers on a Lan is there any script that I can use to find the HOSTNAMES / COMPUTER NAMES when I can get their IP addresses I can get the IP address easily enough (nmap / arp or similar) but from IP address any way to get the...
  10. Hyper V not Showing Host Machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper V not Showing Host Machine: Hyper V Manager Not showing Host Machine so i can make virtual machine screen shoot is below [img] 51539