Windows 10: Host name

Discus and support Host name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, sometimes PC users forgot to close a file, and I get error that file is on use. I use "networkopenedfiles-x64" but I find that some PC has an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gtsolid, Jan 13, 2021.

1. gtsolid Win User

Host name

Hi,

sometimes PC users forgot to close a file, and I get error that file is on use.

I use "networkopenedfiles-x64" but I find that some PC has an "host name", some other no.

Where can I add this value to windows local properties?

Host name 6dce422e-7504-4a72-8862-cb719b38586b?upload=true.jpg

:)

gtsolid, Jan 13, 2021

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jan 13, 2021
  3. scmissle Win User
    How to set Host Name?

Where do I fill in the Host Name so on my Win Mobile 2003 device so it transfers to the DHCP Table on my home router?

I have a Dell Axim running Windows Mobile 2003 and a D-Link Router. When listing the DHCP table on the router, I can see the host name for all devices except the Win Mobile 2003 device. The Host Name is blank.

The router seems to be picking up the Full Computer Name from all of my other devices.

Not having the Host Name filled in makes me unsure when troubleshooting and monitoring my home network.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

scmissle, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Host name

"dial tcp: lookup <website name>: getaddrinfow: No such host is known" problem

When trying to open any website in the browser(edge, chrome as well as Firefox), I am getting the error "dial tcp: lookup <website name>: getaddrinfow: No such host is known" . I am using windows 10
    and windows firewall is also enabled. Please suggest on the steps to resolve it

Neeraj Tak, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Host name

1. Host name - Similar Threads - Host name

2. Host Name in IIS Site Bindings. Purpose and Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Name in IIS Site Bindings. Purpose and Usage.: Hi allMy understanding is that the Host Name can be used to match a site on IIS to a requestso that you don't have to specify the port address in the request url.Examples:WITHOUT Host Name in Bindings:IIS Bindings : Type http Port 83 IP Address 192.168.1.225Request URL...
  3. Host Name in IIS Site Bindings. Purpose and Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Host Name in IIS Site Bindings. Purpose and Usage.: Hi allMy understanding is that the Host Name can be used to match a site on IIS to a requestso that you don't have to specify the port address in the request url.Examples:WITHOUT Host Name in Bindings:IIS Bindings : Type http Port 83 IP Address 192.168.1.225Request URL...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11: How to allow a specific host name through in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11: How to allow a specific host name through in...: Hi folksI have been struggling with this for a few days now. Worked fine on Windows 10 and previous versions.Had a boot drive crash so I can't access the previous machine because it is corruptedI have a number of external DNS hostnames eg: myhost1.mydomain.org,...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11: How to allow a specific host name through in...

Windows Defender Firewall on Windows 11: How to allow a specific host name through in...: Hi folksI have been struggling with this for a few days now. Worked fine on Windows 10 and previous versions.Had a boot drive crash so I can't access the previous machine because it is corruptedI have a number of external DNS hostnames eg: myhost1.mydomain.org,...
  6. Pc name and host not associated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc name and host not associated: Hi. I want to connect my ubuntu virtual machine with windows 11 using samba. I use a phone dhcp network to conect my laptop so I need host names to do the configuration and not the ip. Ubuntu gets the dhcp ip and can be assigned to its hostname using dhclient -r and dhclient...
  7. Pc name and host not associated

Pc name and host not associated: Hi. I want to connect my ubuntu virtual machine with windows 11 using samba. I use a phone dhcp network to conect my laptop so I need host names to do the configuration and not the ip. Ubuntu gets the dhcp ip and can be assigned to its hostname using dhclient -r and dhclient...
  8. Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues: One of my 3 Win11 computers host name is not showing up correctly on the network.Let's call the problem machine "Bob".On the 2 good PCs, "Bob" is shown in the Network section of File Explorer, but when I try to access it, I get the error "Windows cannot access \\Bob" - "Error...
  9. Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues

Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues: One of my 3 Win11 computers host name is not showing up correctly on the network.Let's call the problem machine "Bob".On the 2 good PCs, "Bob" is shown in the Network section of File Explorer, but when I try to access it, I get the error "Windows cannot access \\Bob" - "Error...
  10. Adding a Host Name to IIS's Site Bindings Forms Prevents Browsers Locating the Website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a Host Name to IIS's Site Bindings Forms Prevents Browsers Locating the Website: I have just tried serving my Windows 11 based Website using IIS.If I leave the Host Name blank in the Site Bindings form I can connect my Firefox browser to my website using the address "localhost:81"If I add a Host Name, say "www.WithymeadTest.org" my browser cannot find it...