Windows 10: HOST NETWORK SERVICE

Discus and support HOST NETWORK SERVICE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot find Host Network Service on Windows Services, why is that? How can I connect to Host Network Service?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shee Ment Lau, Jul 24, 2022.

1. HOST NETWORK SERVICE

I cannot find Host Network Service on Windows Services, why is that? How can I connect to Host Network Service?

:)

Shee Ment Lau, Jul 24, 2022
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Redirecting

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 24, 2022
  3. pm89 Win User
    Windows 10 "Service Host: Local Service (No Network)" drains CPU constantly

I've had this problem for at least several months.
    I noticed a lot of threads without a happy ending:

1. High CPU Usage from "Service Host: Local Service [...]
    2. Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) causing High CPU
    3. svchost.exe Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - Permanent CPU usage
    4. service host: Local Service (No Network) (5) taking up all my CPU resources (i5-4690k)

And I did try all the suggestions made in these threads including:

1. Updating the windows to the latest version
    2. Troubleshoot network, update, etc
    3. killing all other software, changing MSISUPPORTED of my SSD disk in regedit etc.

One thing I noticed is that the problem disappears in safemode.

4. Joan Pin Win User

HOST NETWORK SERVICE

windows 10 Service Host: Local Network

Hi,

Service Host: Local Network contains a sub-service called
    Superfetch
    that is used to pre-load data from hard disk into RAM memory. To improve your PC's performance, we suggest that you disable Superfetch service. Here's how:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard, then choose
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • When prompted with the administrator permission, click Yes to continue.
    • Type in the following command: net.exe stop superfetch.
    • Hit Enter.
    • Wait for a few minutes to see if changes can be seen on your computer’s performance.
    • If you want, you can also run a disk check by typing the following command:
      chkdsk.exe /f /r
    • Press Enter.
    • Type Y to confirm the disk check by the time you restart your computer. Please make sure you have closed all of your applications first.

Let us know if you have successfully completed the steps and the result.

Joan Pin, Jul 24, 2022
Thema:

HOST NETWORK SERVICE

1. HOST NETWORK SERVICE - Similar Threads - HOST NETWORK SERVICE

2. Service Host: Network Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service: Service Host: Network Service was using about 23 MB/s, so i used the delivery optimization and set it to .3 on both sides. The thing im bothered by is that it still bypasses that block randomly and causes inconsistent internet speeds, it manages to jump form 0 MB/s to 16 MB/s...
  3. Service Host: Network Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network Service: Service Host: Network Service was using about 23 MB/s, so i used the delivery optimization and set it to .3 on both sides. The thing im bothered by is that it still bypasses that block randomly and causes inconsistent internet speeds, it manages to jump form 0 MB/s to 16 MB/s...
  4. Service Host: Network Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "Service Host: Network Service" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Service Host: Network Service" problem: Why is this using so much network? The highest usage was 17mbps. Can I end task? I tried all internet solutions like turning off delivery optimization, some stuffs using group policy etc. but none of them actually works. Also, this thing never stops using resources, I got no...
  6. "Service Host: Network Service" problem

"Service Host: Network Service" problem: Why is this using so much network? The highest usage was 17mbps. Can I end task? I tried all internet solutions like turning off delivery optimization, some stuffs using group policy etc. but none of them actually works. Also, this thing never stops using resources, I got no...
  7. HOST NETWORK SERVICE

HOST NETWORK SERVICE: I cannot find Host Network Service on Windows Services, why is that? How can I connect to Host Network Service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/host-network-service/ef8a98e2-5406-4c27-a33e-a6335ffe37d0
  8. HOST NETWORK SERVICE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOST NETWORK SERVICE: I cannot find Host Network Service on Windows Services, why is that? How can I connect to Host Network Service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/host-network-service/ef8a98e2-5406-4c27-a33e-a6335ffe37d0
  9. Service Host: Network Service

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: Network Service: Alright, hey guys. For some reason, Service Host: Network Service is making my Disk go up to 90-100% on Task Manager on my pc after playing GTA V, its been like this for a few minutes and shows no sign of stopping. What is causing this, is it normal, and how can i stop it?...
  10. Service Host Network Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host Network Service: In task manager I see the above is using 16% of my CPU all day. When I rebooted, it went away but came back. Any idea what this is? Thanks. 143038