Windows 10: host process for Microsoft is using my camera!

Discus and support host process for Microsoft is using my camera! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; this issue had happened with me now twice were the app uses my camera!so can i delete it? and why would it use my camera ? should I be afraid ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by flokihh, May 12, 2021.

1. flokihh Win User

host process for Microsoft is using my camera!

this issue had happened with me now twice were the app uses my camera!so can i delete it? and why would it use my camera ? should I be afraid ?

:)

flokihh, May 12, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Driver host process timeout.

Hi,

The default timeout interval for the Driver host process is 60 seconds. If the driver couldn't respond as expected within this period, it's possible that the driver is outdated or incompatible with the operating system. We'll be able to provide the appropriate
    steps to resolve the timeout error once we have more information, so please answer these questions:

• Just to confirm, did this error only happen after you installed Fall Creators Update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you encounter this error while your computer was idle, or were you using a specific program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, May 12, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 12, 2021
  4. Yorky Win User

Host processes for Windows tasks - stopped working

Hi, in reply to previous correspondents. I tried the Forum suggested by 'jdc1' and while there have been many viewers there is no suggestion of remedy - so far.
    Searching further in this matter I find that a similar post also appears in this Forum - see here:
    Host Process For Windows Tasks stopped working, Windows 10 1903
    and once again many viewers but no remedy.
    In Reliability Monitor there is a link to: How to report an error: I followed this link to Microsoft Community - see here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-db4c1d0592f3
    Where there are numerous complainants for this problem. There is one reply ( to-date) of a suggested solution by Microsoft which appears not to be the cure and quite a few more insistent*Devil posts for Microsoft to get this sorted.
    The posts themselves include suggested cures like sfc/scannow and DISM which I like many others have tried to no avail. There seems to be a strong leaning towards blaming the 1903 update for this error. One person does indicate a solution which worked for him which is to via System & Storage to click the box to run now and remove earlier Windows Updates. I have just tried this myself and will report the result within the next few days.
    Other correspondents are awaiting for further answers in the 'Community' from Microsoft.
    So once again time will tell but it would appear that Microsoft are dragging their heels on this one.
    Cheers.

Yorky, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. host process for Microsoft is using my camera! - Similar Threads - host process Microsoft

2. Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam: For a couple of days now, my antivirus software SOPHOS has been notifying me of a "Host Process for Windows 10" program repeatedly using my webcam, and I'm unsure if I should be concerned about it since this looks like an essential process in my computer. I can seem to fix it...
  3. Host Process for Windows Services continuely using camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Host Process for Windows Services continuely using camera: Lately soon after I've turned on my computer after I've signed in, I've been seeing my camera light come on for a few minutes before turning off again. I checked my camera privacy settings and I saw it was "Host Process for Windows Services" C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe...
  4. Host Process for Windows Services continuely using camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Process for Windows Services continuely using camera: Lately soon after I've turned on my computer after I've signed in, I've been seeing my camera light come on for a few minutes before turning off again. I checked my camera privacy settings and I saw it was "Host Process for Windows Services" C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe...
  5. Host Process for Windows Services continuely using camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why is host process for windows always using my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is host process for windows always using my headphones: host process for windows always using my headphones im not sure why it doesnt seem like a problem is it a problem and to be more speifc windows/system32/ svhost.exe is using it i dont think its a problem im just wondering what it is and if its a problem how do i stop it...
  7. Why is host process for windows always using my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is host process for windows always using my headphones: host process for windows always using my headphones im not sure why it doesnt seem like a problem is it a problem and to be more speifc windows/system32/ svhost.exe is using it i dont think its a problem im just wondering what it is and if its a problem how do i stop it...
  8. Host Process for Windows Services using my camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Host Process for Windows Services using my camera: I have disabled every program's ability to access my camera and then restarted. The camera is being used currently and I don't understand why.Host Process for Windows ServicesC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeCurrently In UseIs there any way to see exactly what/who is accessing...
  9. Host Process for Windows Services constantly using my microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Host Process for Windows Services constantly using my microphone: I have Host Process for Windows Services constantly using my microphone [ATTACH] I have cortana disabled [ATTACH] I dont have listen to this device on [ATTACH] And it cannot be a virus because I have run a antivirus scan and it came negative. Please help me I don't...
  10. host processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    host processes: In the last few days Windows has been getting slower. It took 20 minutes this morning to load. Task manager is showing about 40 or more host processes running taking up about half my RAM and up to 50% CPU usage. How can I get rid of all these local processes?...