Windows 10: 'Host Process for Windows Services' in Volume Mixer

Discus and support 'Host Process for Windows Services' in Volume Mixer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Something called Host Process for Windows Services shows up in Volume Mixer sometimes, and the bit that shows how much sound its making (the green bit)... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Max Hammerton, Jan 10, 2019.

1. 'Host Process for Windows Services' in Volume Mixer

Something called Host Process for Windows Services shows up in Volume Mixer sometimes, and the bit that shows how much sound its making (the green bit) copies other programs. I can't hear things twice but it is there. I can mute it and everything is fine. I have run multiple malware scans all showing nothing. Does anyone know if this is normal or some kind of malware?

Also - Sometimes I hear a message tone, which happens rarely but always when I hear it Host Process for Windows Services is there.

:)

Max Hammerton, Jan 10, 2019

2. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Volume Mixer

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern.

1. Are you getting an error message when using volume mixer with mic?

2. Have you made any changes to your computer?

You may also follow the steps below:

• Can you right click on Speaker Icon - Playback Properties -
    • Click in blank area in box -
    • Check show disabled devices & show disconnected devices - look around in there.

We suggest that you disable the Icon try to reboot your PC and then enable the icon. You may also need to reinstall your sounds driver.

Let us know the outcome.

Karina Aris, Jan 10, 2019
  4. 'Host Process for Windows Services' in Volume Mixer

Issues with the Volume mixer on windows 10.

Hi Margit,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing?

2. Did you receive any error message?

3. Does that mean that the Volume mixer icon is not present on the desktop?

4. Are you facing this sound issue on any specific application, since you had mentioned Skype?

If the Volume mixer icon is missing from the desktop, this issue may arise when the notification for the Volume mixer is not turned on in the settings.

Please follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type Notifications in the Searchbar and select Notifications and action center.

• Select the option “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”.

• Make sure the Volume icon has been turned on from the settings.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope that the information helps. Please do let us know whether you are able to retrieve the icon to the Action center. If the issue still persists, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

'Host Process for Windows Services' in Volume Mixer

1. 'Host Process for Windows Services' in Volume Mixer - Similar Threads - 'Host Process Services'

2. "host process for windows services"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "host process for windows services": I recently just bought minecraft for my girlfriend but when she tries to download it she gets a message that says "host process for windows services" and it has two options: yes or no. However when she clicks yes nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly...
  3. "host process for windows services"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "host process for windows services": I recently just bought minecraft for my girlfriend but when she tries to download it she gets a message that says "host process for windows services" and it has two options: yes or no. However when she clicks yes nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly...
  4. Host Process for Windows services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Host Process for Windows services: It's really very annoying for me since I Host process for windows is using too much of my data since I limited data so it is causing trouble for me daily it uses at least 500 MB of data daily and also slows my Internet speed daily even if I only use my pc on metered...
  5. Host process for windows services in volume mixer making weird sounds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Host process for windows services in volume mixer making weird sounds: not too long ago i started to hear this notification sound on my computer not quite knowing where it came from, i opened my volume mixer to find something i never seen before "Host Process For Windows Services". I've ran multiple malware scans. Upon researching online i've...
  6. What is Host Process for Windows Services?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Host Process for Windows Services?: Why is it eating all my internet data? Is it responsible for updating Windows? or what? submitted by /u/AayushBoliya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k21mi9/what_is_host_process_for_windows_services/
  7. What in the world is "Host Process for Windows Services" doing in volume mixer? Started...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What in the world is "Host Process for Windows Services" doing in volume mixer? Started...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tarekelsakka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9lyop/what_in_the_world_is_host_process_for_windows/
  8. Windows update and Service host process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and Service host process: Hi. Can anyone tell me: Why is the process 'Service host: Network Service, Delivery Optimization' running constantly 24/7, hogging 30% of processing power and how do I stop it? And Is this somehow linked to the fact that neither windows 10 update or its trouble...
  9. Why is "Host Processes for Windows Services" in my Volume Mixer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is "Host Processes for Windows Services" in my Volume Mixer?: There is a new application in my Windows Volume Mixer called "Host Processes for Windows Services". Where did that come from? 135478
  10. Windows Processes: Service Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Processes: Service Host: Hello, I have noticed suspicious activity on my computer and I was wanting to know if there was a Service Host that allows people from the Microsoft Corporation to sign in to peoples computers. If this is so, may I ask what the Service Host is? Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. host process for windows services sound

2. host process for windows services in sound mixer