Windows 10: Host Process For Windows Services keeps using my webcam. How can I get it to stop?

Discus and support Host Process For Windows Services keeps using my webcam. How can I get it to stop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Fort the past two weeks now, by webcam will randomly turn on, and the red lights on the side will continually flash, the way it does when I use facial... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AshCan, Apr 14, 2020.

1. AshCan Win User

Host Process For Windows Services keeps using my webcam. How can I get it to stop?

Fort the past two weeks now, by webcam will randomly turn on, and the red lights on the side will continually flash, the way it does when I use facial recognition to sign into my laptop. I have an HP Envy with Windows 10.

I have already tried turning off all access to my camera for all apps and the device. Still, that did not work. It keeps saying that the Host Process for Windows Services was the last thing to access my camera, even though I have turned camera access off.

I don'tunderstand what it means, and quite honestly, it's been freaking me out. I put a sticky note over the camera, but I still need to be able to use my camera for virtual meetings, and I've really enjoyed the facial recognition for sign on. Someone please help!

:)

AshCan, Apr 14, 2020
  2. VnC1 Win User

Windows update and Service host process

Hi.

Can anyone tell me:

• Why is the process 'Service host: Network Service, Delivery Optimization' running constantly 24/7, hogging 30% of processing power and how do I stop it?

And

• Is this somehow linked to the fact that neither windows 10 update or its trouble shooter appear to be working? windows 10 appears to be permanently checking for updates.

I'm Running a brand new HP laptop, i5 processor and 8Gb Ram with windows 10 64bit (1903). This has only started happening in the last week or so

Thanks

Wurze

3. ColbyJude Win User
    "host process is using webcam"

if i see a message on my screen that says "host process is using webcam" out of no where is someone else turning on my webcam?

ColbyJude, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Host Process For Windows Services keeps using my webcam. How can I get it to stop?

Host process for windows tasks is using the webcam

Hi Jairit, whether it is safe or not is still up for debate, since Kaspersky detects that "Host process for windows tasks" is trying to access the webcam, due to the fact that access to the webcam is prohibited by the
    activation of a Kaspersky setting for that purpose.

Please explain why "Host Process for Windows Tasks" is trying to use the webcam and, if possible, why Kaspersky is detecting this.

BTW, yes, in my case the taskhostw.exe file is located in the System 32 folder.

Thanks

IT translator, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Host Process For Windows Services keeps using my webcam. How can I get it to stop?

1. Host Process For Windows Services keeps using my webcam. How can I get it to stop? - Similar Threads - Host Process Services

2. Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam: For a couple of days now, my antivirus software SOPHOS has been notifying me of a "Host Process for Windows 10" program repeatedly using my webcam, and I'm unsure if I should be concerned about it since this looks like an essential process in my computer. I can seem to fix it...
  3. Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam: For a couple of days now, my antivirus software SOPHOS has been notifying me of a "Host Process for Windows 10" program repeatedly using my webcam, and I'm unsure if I should be concerned about it since this looks like an essential process in my computer. I can seem to fix it...
  4. Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone: On my computer, for a few months now, on startup, the microphone icon has popped up and it says that what is using my microphone is Host Process For Windows Services. I don't know any application that could be using it or could have a reason to. What is a solution?...
  5. Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone: On my computer, for a few months now, on startup, the microphone icon has popped up and it says that what is using my microphone is Host Process For Windows Services. I don't know any application that could be using it or could have a reason to. What is a solution?...
  6. Host Process for Windows Services using my camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Host Process for Windows Services using my camera: I have disabled every program's ability to access my camera and then restarted. The camera is being used currently and I don't understand why.Host Process for Windows ServicesC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeCurrently In UseIs there any way to see exactly what/who is accessing...
  7. Host Process for Windows Services constantly using my microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Host Process for Windows Services constantly using my microphone: I have Host Process for Windows Services constantly using my microphone [ATTACH] I have cortana disabled [ATTACH] I dont have listen to this device on [ATTACH] And it cannot be a virus because I have run a antivirus scan and it came negative. Please help me I don't...
  8. Host for windows services is using my webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Host for windows services is using my webcam: Solved this problem by deleting Service Host for Windows Tasks from the Task Manager. Reboot. Camera Works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/host-for-windows-services-is-using-my-webcam/bb956c3a-e535-4490-b50c-57cfb6ce0875
  9. Host Process for Windows Service stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Host Process for Windows Service stopped working: Have had this problem since updating to 1809, a fresh load of 1803 on 3/10/18! Description Faulting Application Path : c:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: svchost.exe_CDPUserSvc...
  10. Host Process for Windows Services Stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Host Process for Windows Services Stopped working: Hi For quite some time now, on my main (primary) OS, which is Windows 10 Pro build 10586.218, I am getting this error: Host Process for Windows Services: Stopped working. I see this in my Reliability History. It might appear even several times per day! I clean my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. host process for windows services using camera

2. host process uses webcam randomly

3. host process for windows services using webcam

4. surface pro camera used by host process,
  5. windows 10 host process using webcam,
  6. host process for windows services shows camera