Windows 10: "Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it

Discus and support "Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop and have been having issues with "Host Process for Windows Services" using a bulk of my data. I have a data cap each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vitalfox, Jul 15, 2020.

1. "Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it

I recently bought a new laptop and have been having issues with "Host Process for Windows Services" using a bulk of my data. I have a data cap each month, so this is incredibly annoying. I use GlassWire to keep an eye on data usage, and I checked more about what was using data under this process, and "standard.t0001.t-msedge.net " seems to be the culprit. What is this, and how can I stop it from using so much data?

submitted by /u/vitalfox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vitalfox, Jul 15, 2020

2. Amount of data used by "Host Processes for Windows Services"

"Host Processes for Windows Services" used 5.1 Gigabytes of data over a period of 4 hours. I would presume this was mostly one of those updates that Microsoft forces on you at anytime it feels like it. This is ridiculous I do not have 5.1 Gigabytes of
    data spare. 5.1 Gigabytes of data is a lot of data and costs a lot of money if you do not have unlimited data. It seems my only option to stop Microsoft doing what it likes when it likes, is to stop using Microsoft products, seeing you cannot control
    it.

Mark N Acton, Aug 4, 2020
  3. VnC1 Win User
    Windows update and Service host process

Hi.

Can anyone tell me:

• Why is the process 'Service host: Network Service, Delivery Optimization' running constantly 24/7, hogging 30% of processing power and how do I stop it?

And

• Is this somehow linked to the fact that neither windows 10 update or its trouble shooter appear to be working? windows 10 appears to be permanently checking for updates.

I'm Running a brand new HP laptop, i5 processor and 8Gb Ram with windows 10 64bit (1903). This has only started happening in the last week or so

Thanks

Wurze

VnC1, Aug 4, 2020
  4. "Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it

Service host tasks consuming large amount of processor

On what appears to be every other boot of my computer, I find that three service host tasks consume a significant amount of CPU cycles.

"Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it u8Av9.png

If I let the computer sit, untouched, for 10-15 minutes, these three tasks remain the greatest consumers of cpu time. If I reboot, however, they stop being cpu hogs:

"Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it sM77h.png

What surprises me is that I can reproduce this behavior by simply rebooting my computer, at which point the three service host tasks will resume their place as top CPU users.

I am looking for suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue.

bobthechemist, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

"Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it

1. "Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it - Similar Threads - Host Process Services

2. Service Host: Network Service using a large majority of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service using a large majority of data: I have very recently had an issue with this service using a huge amount of data. I have done a windows defender check, a clean boot, but still have not gotten results. I have also turned off delivery optimization but no changes happened. Please help as this has been annoying...
  3. Service Host: Network Service using a large majority of data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network Service using a large majority of data: I have very recently had an issue with this service using a huge amount of data. I have done a windows defender check, a clean boot, but still have not gotten results. I have also turned off delivery optimization but no changes happened. Please help as this has been annoying...
  4. Service Host: Network Service using a large majority of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  6. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  7. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

8. SVC Host using tremendous amount of Data.

SVC Host using tremendous amount of Data.: I have been facing an issue of where the HOST PROCESS is extremely consuming data in background and this has been going on for a long time. Around 5GB of data is consumed each day which blocks my internet usage when I need it the most. How do I stop this process from...
  9. Delivery Optimisation under Service Host: Network Service using large amounts of data on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery Optimisation under Service Host: Network Service using large amounts of data on...: It's basically the title. I have activated metered connection, disabled any kind of diagnostics and delivery optimisation on my computer as well as limiting the settings to a minimum under the advanced setting in delivery optimisation but to no avail. My computer has used a...
  10. Transferring a large amount of data

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring a large amount of data: I need to transfer 200GB of data from an HDD to an SSD. I am using Windows 10 Professional. Can anyone advise me of the best and speediest way to do this please. Many thanks. 138112