Windows 10: Host process for windows tasks - High CPU Usage

Discus and support Host process for windows tasks - High CPU Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, the last week or so I have been getting a regular ~20-30% constant CPU usage by 'Host process for windows tasks' taskhostw.exe. I have never had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FinnOrchard, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Host process for windows tasks - High CPU Usage

Hi,

the last week or so I have been getting a regular ~20-30% constant CPU usage by 'Host process for windows tasks' taskhostw.exe. I have never had this problem and my laptop is constantly whirring from fan noise and it's really getting on my nerves.

I have done a full malware scan and there were no threats found so I am doubtful that this is due to malware.

Any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Finn.

:)

FinnOrchard, Mar 17, 2021
  2. azotus Win User

Windows 10, Background Task Host, High CPU Usage

Hi everyone,

My question is not altogether new. There are already several threads related to this, including this one:

Photo Background Task Host High Usage

Here's how my situation differs: The processes that are causing so much CPU usage, while originating in the same applications (BackgroundTaskHost.exe, BackgroundTransferHost.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe), don't appear to be related to the Photos app:

Host process for windows tasks - High CPU Usage 31201e4b-ab4b-4b86-9de5-ec0a299659b2.png

What's more, these suggestions of turning the camera and location permissions off...

Photos Background Task Host using high CPU resources.

...yeah they're not working for me.

I think my issue is essentially the same as the one that everyone else is having with some kind of background task host making for excessive CPU usage, but I wonder if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing, rather than the Photos thing?

Any new solutions out there (short of deleting those applications, which I'm hesitant to do)?

Thanks.

azotus, Mar 17, 2021
  3. salamsink Win User
    Host process for Windows Tasks Causes high memory usage and Cpu Loads in Windows 10

Hello

I've detected when my laptop is charging,Host process for Windows Tasks" Causes high memory usage and Cpu Loads while there is no load on laptop.

Surprisingly this problem Just happens when my laptop is charging and when it works on battery this problem doesn't happen!

Can any body help?

salamsink, Mar 17, 2021
  4. HendryHu Win User

Host process for windows tasks - High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage Null Process

There was high CPU usage even if there is nothing going on and when I checked Task Manager, a "null" process with the blue cog icon was using 50%~90% of my CPU. When I try to end the process, it prompted me with the "If you end this process, Windows will
    shut down or stop working" warning. I did and Windows rebooted. The problem seemed to be solved but few hours later it came back.

I right clicked the process and went to details, it just showed be svhost.exe, but no description. The file location is completely normal. There are other service hosts that are running normally. I checked all the forums and found no help.

Also something to note: Sometimes, it just displays high CPU usage and the fans doesn't even turn on.

HendryHu, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Host process for windows tasks - High CPU Usage

1. Host process for windows tasks - High CPU Usage - Similar Threads - Host process tasks

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. console window host high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    console window host high cpu usage: Certainly! Here's a revised version of your comment: "I'm experiencing an issue with the Console Window Host process on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. Occasionally, the console host window randomly consumes a high amount of CPU usage, up to 30%, while using very little memory,...
  4. console window host high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    console window host high cpu usage: Certainly! Here's a revised version of your comment: "I'm experiencing an issue with the Console Window Host process on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. Occasionally, the console host window randomly consumes a high amount of CPU usage, up to 30%, while using very little memory,...
  5. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host, High CPU Usage: I have followed instructions in another post but it is still high in usage. I tried ending the task but it would keep popping up a second later....
  6. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host, High CPU Usage: I have followed instructions in another post but it is still high in usage. I tried ending the task but it would keep popping up a second later....
  7. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Host process for Setting Synchronization SettingSyncHost.exe – High CPU usage

in Windows 10 News
    Host process for Setting Synchronization SettingSyncHost.exe – High CPU usage: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Setting Synchronization (SettingSyncHost.exe) process is a necessary process in the Windows OS, which is responsible for synchronizing the settings of your system with other devices. It replicates settings like Internet Explorer, OneDrive, wallpapers,...
  9. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc. After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that...
  10. Photos Background Task Host - High CPU usage!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photos Background Task Host - High CPU usage!: Hello! I'm new here so I will make this short. I installed Windows 10 (10130 build) and I love it. The only problem that I'm having with it is this Photo Background app that eats my cpu(30-40%)! When I start up windows I need to kill it in task manager everytime. But even...