Windows 10: Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.

Discus and support Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Sorry for complicated title but both problems are related to the same thing : I want to share my W10 laptop's VPN connection with my TV. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertP61, Mar 4, 2020.

1. RobertP61 Win User

Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.

Hi,

Sorry for complicated title but both problems are related to the same thing : I want to share my W10 laptop's VPN connection with my TV.

My platform is Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, on an HP Probook 455 G3. Network WiFi card is Realtek 8723 BE 802.11 bgn.

First of all, I'm not sure of something: it seems from other forums that my h/w DOES have Hosted Network capabilities, at least in Windows 8.1. Butnetsh wlan show interfaces returns Hosted network status : Not available. So I would like to know is there something in latest Windows 10 that prohibits this capability. Note: I've also tried Hotspot setup in Settings and that gives meWe can't setup mobile hotspot. In fact, now, the slider button won't go from Off to On when I click it.

Second, I've researched this and naturally I've tried different driver versions, including from Windows via device manager, HP, and Realtek. It is here that I encounter strange behavior. Windows doesn't seem to allow up/downgrades from other vendors, even though the installation s/w says completed. One time, I removed device via Dev. Mgr, ran the installation and rebooted. Finally, it showed a different version but not the one that the download said it would be !

Is anyone else having any of these problems ?

Thanks

Bob

:)

RobertP61, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Kaznkorr Win User

Hosted network not supported and hosted network driver is not visible after windows 10 upgrade

My laptop is dell and my phone is lenovo. It was all working fine before the windows upgrade. I have tried all the above mentioned steps. It says hosted network status not available and hosted network is not supported when i use "netsh wlan show drivers"...
    in my network adapters "microsoft hosted network adapter" is missing even after enabling show hidden devices. My drivers are from "broadcom".

Kaznkorr, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Wlan network driver shows "hosted network support: no", how to fix this on Windows 10?

The WiFi driver details are as follows:

Driver : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Vendor : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Hosted network supported : No

Please suggests some ways to get the "Hosted Network" from my computer.

Regards,

Rashmi Ranjan Mahanto

ReXXaRReXXaR, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.

Hosted network support not available on Surface Book2

The new wlan network cards for Windows 10 do not support the hosted network because Windows has provided the mobile hotspot feature in its place. So network adapter manufacturers no longer provide
    drivers to support the hosted network.

You can still use the network hosted in Windows 10 on those old network cards where there is the appropriate driver for this feature.Read here: Why Hosted and Ad-Hoc Networks Are Not Working on Windows® 10

Try changing the driver manually:

1) Go to Device Manager> Network Cards, select the card in use, choose "Update Driver"

2) Select "Search for driver software on your computer"

3) Select "Choose from a list of drivers available on your computer"

4. Two or more drivers will be listed, select a different driver from the one currently used on your computer, then install it.

If you do not resolve, try to contact the manufacturer of your network card and ask if they can suggest an appropriate driver that supports the hosted network.

Otherwise you have to opt for the mobile hotspot.

franco d'esaro, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.

1. Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion. - Similar Threads - Hosted network status

2. New Realtek Driver Available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Realtek Driver Available: Current driver for Windows 10, 20H2 : Realtek HD Audio 6.0.8978.1 166113
  3. Realtek drivers confusing problem

Realtek drivers confusing problem: So few days ago i got new headset but microphone wasnt working, so i decided to download latest realtech driver to my lenovo laptop from the official Realtek website. But after installing it the overall sound got much worse, and the realtech audio manager dissapeared, also...
  4. Network Connectivity Status Indicator confused by OpenVPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connectivity Status Indicator confused by OpenVPN: I have an HP computer which from time to time displays a no internet connection icon even though there is actually an active connection. This only happens when OpenVPN is running and connected. Disconnecting the OpenVPN may suddenly change the network status icon back to...
  5. Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared

Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared: After numerous searches on here and the internet I have not found a resolution that covers all that is going on with my computer. It seemed to have intermittent issues with wireless networks not showing up on occasion then following an update I lost the network icon in the...
  6. Realtek driver confusion

Realtek driver confusion: After a clean install i am in the process of installing drivers on my system but i am a bit confused by Realtek audio drivers My motherboard (Asus B360M-K Prime) has Realtek HD Audio onboard. When i received my MC (pre-built and preinstalled with Win 10) it had an...
  7. WiFi state is disconnected and hosted network status is ‘Not available’.

WiFi state is disconnected and hosted network status is ‘Not available’.: I ran the command ‘netsh wlan show interface’, and saw that the interface named ‘WiFi’ is disconnected. I am not seeing a WiFi icon in the taskbar either and I have looked at taskbar settings which say the network icon is on and I cannot change it, but I there is no icon...
  8. Hosted Network not woreking, hosted netowrk support no, no hosted network driver

Hosted Network not woreking, hosted netowrk support no, no hosted network driver: I am HP pavilion x360 running windows 10 1903 and network driver Realtek RTL8822BE ac pci with everything up to date. When I try to enable hosted network it says group or resource is not in correct state. Hosted Network mode is set to allow but hosted network support is no...
  9. realtek 8723be wifi card

realtek 8723be wifi card: hi all the forum..... i have a problem with my notebook hp 15-ay032nl. the problem is wifi that is connect only if i insert the ip static, subnet, gateway and dns, and i go to the internet great. if i insert obtain automatically ip, it's not go to the internet. i have try...
  10. Latest Realtek Driver versions confusing

Latest Realtek Driver versions confusing: My present Realtek audio driver is 6.0.1 8251....when go to Latest Realtek Driver link it shows 6.0.1 8254 version ...but when i go microsoft update download link....the various download options show 6.0.1 8248 ...very confusing. Device manager shows i have the latest...