Windows 10: Hosted WiFi network with Bootcamp?

Discus and support Hosted WiFi network with Bootcamp? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Win 10 with Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro. I need to create a WiFi network and the laptop as router. How can this be done in Win 10? Prompt netsh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarcoDileo, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Hosted WiFi network with Bootcamp?

I use Win 10 with Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro.

I need to create a WiFi network and the laptop as router. How can this be done in Win 10?

Prompt netsh wlan show drivers reports that Hosted network is not supported, but the same network card supports it via macOS...

:)

MarcoDileo, Dec 13, 2019

2. Hosted Network WiFi

Hi - Thanks for the help. I’ll describe each step of what I did to royally mess up my computer. My goal was to share my wifi...but now my wifi is gone!

1. Set up and activated hosted network via Command Prompt

2. Set settings to allow connection to be shared

3. Attempted to connect with another device but never saw the network

4. Decided that I didn’t actually care that much do I went to my wifi networks and clicked “disable” on the hosted network

5. Now my wifi is gone. I can’t turn it on with the physical key, it no longer appears in my network connections, the switch is greyed out in the airplane mode settings. Gone gone gone.

Can someone help me get it back??

Bobby Samuelson, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 13, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Hosted WiFi network with Bootcamp?

hosting wifi networks

Hi Justin

There are a lot of threads over on the NetGear forum with regard to this problem, everyone seems to be having the same problem with Windows 10

They even suggest that Hosted Network is not supported by the Windows 10 drivers for that device . ..

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Hosted WiFi network with Bootcamp?

1. Hosted WiFi network with Bootcamp? - Similar Threads - Hosted WiFi network

2. Hosted network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosted network: HI, Can anyone show me how to enable hostednetwork? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/0b13cd02-ae6c-47c2-b71f-b07ac41859a4
  3. Bootcamp can't connect to network?

Bootcamp can't connect to network?: I installed Windows 10 on my Mac via bootcamp today and immediately noticed that I couldn't connect to the internet, receiving the error "can't connect to internet". Everything works fine on macOS but on windows I can only connect to my phone's mobile hotspot. I've tried...
  4. Hosted network

Hosted network: Hi, my PC is running win 10, when I try start hosted network using cmd it's not starting at all. But at the same time SHAREit can create it. Please help. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/88510dd6-1ae5-4e62-b5a2-ed453b32da64
  5. Wifi problems in bootcamp

Wifi problems in bootcamp: So i got windows installed in my mac and i have with my 5g internet being slow. Even though when I use my laptop i have hundred times the internet speed. This is the 5g internet with my mac with boot camp Ps. This is supposed to be in the bottom but i'm...
  6. WiFi state is disconnected and hosted network status is ‘Not available’.

WiFi state is disconnected and hosted network status is ‘Not available’.: I ran the command ‘netsh wlan show interface’, and saw that the interface named ‘WiFi’ is disconnected. I am not seeing a WiFi icon in the taskbar either and I have looked at taskbar settings which say the network icon is on and I cannot change it, but I there is no icon...
  7. hosted network

hosted network: ive been trying to create a hosted network but it wont let me ive searched for updates for my drivers i have sharing on my internet and i still cant get it to work any ideas would be appreciated...
  8. hosting wifi networks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hosting wifi networks: ive tried to make what was considered as windows 7 ad hoc network, via command prompt, but my win10 pc is missing the microsoft hosted virtual network adapter. ive even checked under hidden drivers, its not listed...
  9. hosted network

hosted network: In the command window if I type "netsh wlan show drivers" It comes up "hosted network supported: No". I need to be able to make this a yes so I can create an ad hoc network to connect directly to my printer. I have win 10 and my old computer did this just fine. My new...
  10. Network Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Host: I have a Windows 10 computer. I am adding a Wi-Fi security camera to my Q-See camera system. I am getting a message that it is unable to find the Network Host. Is this the computer Network Host? if so, how do I find it and make the connection? Thx. *** Moved from...