Windows 10: hosting wifi networks

Discus and support hosting wifi networks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ive tried to make what was considered as windows 7 ad hoc network, via command prompt, but my win10 pc is missing the microsoft hosted virtual network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustinDa Fish, Oct 17, 2019.

1. hosting wifi networks

ive tried to make what was considered as windows 7 ad hoc network, via command prompt, but my win10 pc is missing the microsoft hosted virtual network adapter. ive even checked under hidden drivers, its not listed

:)

JustinDa Fish, Oct 17, 2019

2. Hosted Network WiFi

Hi - Thanks for the help. I’ll describe each step of what I did to royally mess up my computer. My goal was to share my wifi...but now my wifi is gone!

1. Set up and activated hosted network via Command Prompt

2. Set settings to allow connection to be shared

3. Attempted to connect with another device but never saw the network

4. Decided that I didn’t actually care that much do I went to my wifi networks and clicked “disable” on the hosted network

5. Now my wifi is gone. I can’t turn it on with the physical key, it no longer appears in my network connections, the switch is greyed out in the airplane mode settings. Gone gone gone.

Can someone help me get it back??

Bobby Samuelson, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Farzad_K Win User

hosting wifi networks

Hosted Network

Hi,

I have a PC-1 that I am using to create a hosted netwrok (netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="xyz" key="abcdefgh" then netsh wlan start hostednetwork).

I have two other PC's that I am hoping to connect to using this hosting PC-1.

I don't need or want connection to the Internet. I am only trying to create a local network that is wireless.

PC-1 is able to host the network.

PC-2, the Surface Pro, the hosted network is listed in the available WiFi networks.

PC-3, a micro PC, does not show the hosted network at all.

I know that all these three PC's are equipped with wireless capable network hardware.

What is the trick in getting such a wireless system to work?

Thanks a lot.

Farzad_K, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

hosting wifi networks

1. hosting wifi networks - Similar Threads - hosting wifi networks

2. Hosted network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosted network: HI, Can anyone show me how to enable hostednetwork? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/0b13cd02-ae6c-47c2-b71f-b07ac41859a4
  3. Hosted network

Hosted network: Hi, my PC is running win 10, when I try start hosted network using cmd it's not starting at all. But at the same time SHAREit can create it. Please help. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/88510dd6-1ae5-4e62-b5a2-ed453b32da64
  4. WiFi state is disconnected and hosted network status is ‘Not available’.

WiFi state is disconnected and hosted network status is ‘Not available’.: I ran the command ‘netsh wlan show interface’, and saw that the interface named ‘WiFi’ is disconnected. I am not seeing a WiFi icon in the taskbar either and I have looked at taskbar settings which say the network icon is on and I cannot change it, but I there is no icon...
  5. hosted network

hosted network: ive been trying to create a hosted network but it wont let me ive searched for updates for my drivers i have sharing on my internet and i still cant get it to work any ideas would be appreciated...
  6. Hosted WiFi network with Bootcamp?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hosted WiFi network with Bootcamp?: I use Win 10 with Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro. I need to create a WiFi network and the laptop as router. How can this be done in Win 10? Prompt netsh wlan show drivers reports that Hosted network is not supported, but the same network card supports it via macOS......
  7. Hosted Network not woreking, hosted netowrk support no, no hosted network driver

Hosted Network not woreking, hosted netowrk support no, no hosted network driver: I am HP pavilion x360 running windows 10 1903 and network driver Realtek RTL8822BE ac pci with everything up to date. When I try to enable hosted network it says group or resource is not in correct state. Hosted Network mode is set to allow but hosted network support is no...
  8. hosted network

hosted network: In the command window if I type "netsh wlan show drivers" It comes up "hosted network supported: No". I need to be able to make this a yes so I can create an ad hoc network to connect directly to my printer. I have win 10 and my old computer did this just fine. My new...
  9. Network Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Host: I have a Windows 10 computer. I am adding a Wi-Fi security camera to my Q-See camera system. I am getting a message that it is unable to find the Network Host. Is this the computer Network Host? if so, how do I find it and make the connection? Thx. *** Moved from...
  10. Changing the wifi channel of a adhoc windows 10 hosted network

Changing the wifi channel of a adhoc windows 10 hosted network: I have created a ad-hoc network from windows 10, I have been using it for almost a year with no complications. Recently I bought a cheap laptop and installed cloudready, for some reason it can't recognize wireless channel 1 but can recognize 6. So I wanted to change the...