Windows 10: Hosts File Not Working Firefox

Discus and support Hosts File Not Working Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello again, My hosts file will only block sites in Edge, not in Firefox. Can't be right. Any ideas ? Windows 10 1909 Regards 159949 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nordland, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Nordland Win User

Hosts File Not Working Firefox

Hello again,

My hosts file will only block sites in Edge, not in Firefox.

Can't be right. Any ideas ?

Windows 10 1909

Regards

:)

Nordland, Jul 4, 2020

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working )

From the OP it appears Hosts is not being changed, rather it is being ignored....

Bree, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Hosts File Not Working Firefox - Similar Threads - Hosts File Working

2. host file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    host file: hi there i am trying to edit or add line in host file, long time ago since i did it and when i did there was lot of lines in there, i tried or looked last night could not see anything except this am i missing something please can somebody help and advise me please...
  3. Host File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Host File: Im trying to block toxic sites that i just unheathly go to, by setting this up of what i found of a way to block, and then i was going to turn me to standard and have my friend be admin but for someone reason it still saids i dont have permission. what am i doing wrong iv...
  4. Weird behaviour of the HOSTS file not working

Weird behaviour of the HOSTS file not working: Hi, I have problems with my hosts file. First of, I've been editing hosts files for 25 years and i've read all the previous posts about people having issues with the hosts file file endings, formatting, permissions, reg key path, etc etc. I've never had any issues with this...
  5. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hosts file: Greetings, I have my hosts file that’s corrupted and can’t open with notepad and tried to give permission but there’s nothing to add or grant it’s empty I tired to use a software to unlock it and says cannot find path windows/system32/drivers/etc I’ve tried to boot in safe...
  6. Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working )

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working ): Hi I keep getting this symptom from time to time , it fixes with windows updates but then occasionally come back . I have a list of advertising and malware websites that I filter through hosts file that are often used by a chat client as per the chat client community...
  7. Hosts File Alias not working with File Share

Hosts File Alias not working with File Share: I can set an alias in the hosts file on a win7 machine and access it just fine but doing the same in Win10 prompts for creds that never work even when entered correctly. What did win10 change? hosts file entry: 127.0.0.1 hostname alias \\ip - works fine \\hostname...
  8. File Picker UI Host not working!

in Windows 10 Support
    File Picker UI Host not working!: I'd just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and I've been having issues with browsing files. Today, I was trying to change my background from settings, and as soon as the file browser opened up, it closed straight away. Settings also stopped working. It was frozen, and I had...
  9. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: should the Hosts file be made read only ? 51243
  10. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: I am embarrassed that I forgot on change from Windows 7 to 10 I forgot until now to remember that only the sample Hosts file was installed. Now I cannot recall where the more comprehensive version came from or how to install it. Please advise me. 97081