Windows 10: Hot Spot - Metered Connection "Limited Data Plan" is inadequate

Discus and support Hot Spot - Metered Connection "Limited Data Plan" is inadequate in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I access the internet using a Hot Spot through my T-Mobile phone. Metered Connections Limited Data Plan is ON. Servicing stack update (SSU) is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paul cheers for all, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Hot Spot - Metered Connection "Limited Data Plan" is inadequate

I access the internet using a Hot Spot through my T-Mobile phone.

Metered Connections Limited Data Plan is ON.

Servicing stack update (SSU) is current.

The automatic updates function REPEATEDLY attempt to download regardless of my "Active Hours" setting: 9 am to 11 am.

99% of the time the automatic updates attempt to download and then FAIL to install as seen in "Installed update history."

Windows 10 version 1709. 64 bit. OS Build 16299.125

I need Microsoft to program two updates, ADDITIONAL boxes below the heading"Metered Connection" that allows me:

"Windows 10 Automatic updates" ON/OFF.

"Windows 10 Office Automatic updates ON/OFF.

When Automatic Updates is turned to OFF, it would then be MY responsibility to manually install all updates for Windows 10.

These repeated failed attempts to automatic update my HP laptop substantially slow down my computer's Hot Spot processing speed when I'm attempting to use my laptop---even as simple as checking e-mail. NEED HELP.

Thanks for your consideration,

Paul S.

:)

paul cheers for all, Apr 21, 2019

2. High data usage and query about Metered connection on Windows 10

Thank you for the quick response. I have tried this approach several times, but when I get to advanced options, the option to set as metered connection is not there. The wi if hot spot is listed but there is only one option under it and it is not the metered
    connection setting. Any idea why the option I need is not showing up?

Thanks again - Gary

GaryAbercrombie, Apr 21, 2019
  3. personal hot spot will not connect

personal hot spot will not connect

DavePerrier, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Hot Spot - Metered Connection "Limited Data Plan" is inadequate

OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

Since you're using a SIM to be able to use the internet, Windows 10 automatically set your connection as metered if your Internet service provider limits the data you can use.

You can turn the Set as metered connection option to OFF by following these steps:

• Click the Internet access icon from the Taskbar.
    • Click the network where you are connected, then click Properties.
    • Locate and toggle the Set as metered connection to OFF.

Let us know if the message still appears after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Hot Spot - Metered Connection "Limited Data Plan" is inadequate

1. Hot Spot - Metered Connection "Limited Data Plan" is inadequate - Similar Threads - Hot Spot Metered

2. windows update and hot spot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update and hot spot: Why won't my lap top pick up my hot spot but will pick up other hot spots and wifis? Why can't I get windows toupdate? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-and-hot-spot/cb461b37-7e78-42c9-bded-df89713bff50
  3. windows update and hot spot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update and hot spot: Why won't my lap top pick up my hot spot but will pick up other hot spots and wifis? Why can't I get windows toupdate? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-and-hot-spot/cb461b37-7e78-42c9-bded-df89713bff50
  4. mobile hot spot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mobile hot spot: Hello, I am trying to make my friend join my Minecraft worlds but it won't work because they are on a laptop using a mobile hotspot because they have no connection to any wifi router any fix to this???...
  5. mobile hot spot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    mobile hot spot: I have been using the mobile hot spot for WI FI in my home but it has stopped working does anybody have any answers or suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hot-spot/5feb7741-2064-434a-9144-d3112041be91"
  6. Hot spot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hot spot: I'm having difficulty connecting to the the network..is it because my HP Pavilion is dangerously low on RAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-spot/a69655aa-c3b2-4f0b-93c9-dce533446656
  7. Mobile Hot Spot

Mobile Hot Spot: Would someone be able to post a link to download the driver I need in Windows 10 to connect an HP laptop to a Samsung Galaxy 9+ phone. I have spent 8 hours with Verizon support, HP support, and searching the internet to find out there is a driver missing for me to be able to...
  8. hot spot

hot spot: my pc will not pick up my hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-spot/ed741f92-0a07-4526-8010-3625441dc349
  9. mobile hot spot issue

mobile hot spot issue: Mobile hot spot is disabled on my laptop and I do have have internet connection, im trying to connect my device wi-fi using hot spot on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/mobile-hot-spot-issue/0693a891-d227-4657-ae70-bb22ccbcac38
  10. How to download with a limited data plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download with a limited data plan: Hi, I've searched on the subject, here and googling but not really finding an exact answer. I live in the country so only have broadband by satellite with limited data each month. I can't download windows 10 without just about using it up. I have a pc and a laptop. The pc has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. metered connection t-mobile