Windows 10: Hot to permantly kill Windows 10 update icon

Discus and support Hot to permantly kill Windows 10 update icon in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Acer laptop that can't be upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 because of the Intel GMA 3600 graphics card. I have uninstalled KB3035583 &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DrSysop, Oct 20, 2015.

1. DrSysop Win User

Hot to permantly kill Windows 10 update icon

I have a Acer laptop that can't be upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 because of the Intel GMA 3600 graphics card. I have uninstalled KB3035583 & few others & hide the updates as i read but that darn icon keeps coming back. Seems hiding update does not work & keeps reappearing & I see the hidden updates I hide even though it comes back. Since I can't upgrade this is there a permanent fix to stop this update popping up on screen? It is very annoying & Intel has no plans to make driver for Windows 10.

:)

DrSysop, Oct 20, 2015

2. Onedrive On Windows 10 High CPU Usage and Burning CPU

I have updated to the new version of Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. I noticed the fan running continuously and that OneDrive is using 20% of CPU all of the time. The OneDrive Icon reports that OneDrive is checking for changes every 2 seconds. I have exited
    one drive and the CPU cools down and the fan stops but when I restart it just starts to run again. I have restarted the computer and it continues the same.

As the fan and CPU are running like this it is killing the battery and making the unit so hot, too hot to hold. I use the Surface as a tablet and away from power so I am going to have no choice but to go back to Windows 8.1.

Please help

DorsetBarry, Oct 20, 2015
  3. How to remove Read Only attribute from Files and Folders?

How can I permantly disable the Read Only Attribute in File Explorer in Windows 10

charlesdillett, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Hot to permantly kill Windows 10 update icon - Similar Threads - Hot permantly kill

2. windows update and hot spot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update and hot spot: Why won't my lap top pick up my hot spot but will pick up other hot spots and wifis? Why can't I get windows toupdate? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-and-hot-spot/cb461b37-7e78-42c9-bded-df89713bff50
  3. windows update and hot spot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update and hot spot: Why won't my lap top pick up my hot spot but will pick up other hot spots and wifis? Why can't I get windows toupdate? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-and-hot-spot/cb461b37-7e78-42c9-bded-df89713bff50
  4. windows 10 update killed my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update killed my keyboard.: So, me and my wife unfortunately own a windows 10 laptop. This laptop has been trying to force us to update for weeks, saying our version is going out of service. I have been avoiding this update, because I already know the headaches windows updates cause foreshadowing?....
  5. Windows 10 update kills 2 laptops

Windows 10 update kills 2 laptops: Ive tried, uninstall updates, refresh, restore point, nothingworks. Tried clean installwith usb. Changed BIOS. NOPE. Two completely useless laptops because of windows 10 update. Any ideas gtratefully accepted....
  6. Activation is Hot Garbage - BIOS Apparently Kills It

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation is Hot Garbage - BIOS Apparently Kills It: Had a BIOS update for a dual BIOS single CPU equipped motherboard, no biggie - The Master I kept as the original 16xx and I updated the Slave now 3006, but now, no matter what BIOS I boot from, Windows refuses to activate even though I've been using the exact same hardware in...
  7. Block FaddceBook permantly

in Cortana
    Block FaddceBook permantly: I have made several attempts to block FaceBook but to no results at all. Can't ge past personal id. page home book page is empty . Any clues how I can block facebook so I can get on with my fore and forage ahead neve looking back. Thank you for your...
  8. Taskbar icon - Windows Update Status - how to KILL it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Taskbar icon - Windows Update Status - how to KILL it?: Hello All, I have a desktop and a laptop both running Win10x64. I've had the desktop for a longer time, and I can't remember how I managed to completely kill off anything update related. It's been so quiet on that front for a year+ now that I completely forgot about fighting...
  9. windows 10 updates killed my laptop

windows 10 updates killed my laptop: My Asus F556U laptop (purchased new) came with Windows 10 pre-installed with no backup disk. I have the product ID only. During a recent attempt to install Windows 10 updates the Asus laptop has stopped working. I have tried system restore using three separate restore points....
  10. Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update Kills App Notifications: I specifically upgraded to 10 Pro to get back App Notifications because I use a VPN in a restrictive country and I need to know when or if the VPN loses signal. The updates that installed on 5/14/16 have once again greyed out App Notifications and leave the message "Some...