Windows 10: hot to prevent Windows 10 from automatically resetting my default apps ?

Discus and support hot to prevent Windows 10 from automatically resetting my default apps ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello windos 10 pro keep resseting my defaukt apps that i want to use automaticly how i can stop this problem ? my win version : 20H2 os build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows User 2030, Mar 30, 2021.

1. hot to prevent Windows 10 from automatically resetting my default apps ?

hello

windos 10 pro keep resseting my defaukt apps that i want to use automaticly

how i can stop this problem ?

my win version : 20H2 os build 19042.870

:)

Windows User 2030, Mar 30, 2021

2. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 30, 2021
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown hot to prevent Windows 10 from automatically resetting my default apps ? :(

puma99dk|, Mar 30, 2021
  4. seoras Win User

hot to prevent Windows 10 from automatically resetting my default apps ?

Default apps being reset by Windows

Has anyone else experienced default apps in windows 10 being automatically reset?

It seems to dislike VLC and Irfanview and resets defaults to Microsoft apps.

seoras, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

hot to prevent Windows 10 from automatically resetting my default apps ?

1. hot to prevent Windows 10 from automatically resetting my default apps ? - Similar Threads - hot prevent automatically

2. Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically: Can anyone verify if this works:Open gpedit.msc configure TWO things:1 "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" - Enabled - Why? Because it says "Note: This policy applies only when Automatic Updates is configured to perform...
  3. Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Windows 10 Professional from restarting automatically: Can anyone verify if this works:Open gpedit.msc configure TWO things:1 "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations" - Enabled - Why? Because it says "Note: This policy applies only when Automatic Updates is configured to perform...
  4. My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings

in Windows 10 Support
    My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings: I use Irfanview 64 bit as my default image viewer app. It has been a while since I tried accessing my images. Today I noticed that the tools menu was missing from this app. I finally figured out that the toolbar skin had been changed from Default to some other setting. I went...
  5. Prevent Windows from Changing Default PDF App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows from Changing Default PDF App: I'm using Nitro pro as my default pdf reader, editor. Win 10 keeps changing it every time to MS Edge. How can I stop this behaviour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-windows-from-changing-default-pdf-app/12c74e04-52d8-45bc-b8a6-95aeaa200df9
  6. Language hot keys keep automatically reseting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language hot keys keep automatically reseting: I use many languages in my every day work so the hot keys feature in "Language bar options" is essential to me, but for some reason it keeps reseting itself back to default. I had the same issue for years on my old Dell XPS 13 and now that I bought a Surface Book 2 I thought...
  7. How to stop Windows 10 from automatically changing default apps

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically changing default apps: Windows 10 keeps sporadically changing my default apps after I have set them. For example, I set PDFs to default with Acrobat and MOVs to default with Win Media Player. Randomly I receive a popup alert in the bottom of my screen from Windows, notifying me that Windows has...
  8. Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps

Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps: Hello, This STILL seems to be an ongoing problem for many, many users and I'm not understanding why you guys don't seem to care. Windows 10 forces a change of your default apps to Edge, etc every time you reboot, instead of Firefox/Chrome, Adobe PDF, etc. which the user...
  9. Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi: My WiFi Automatically Disconnects from from the network every time under the following circumstances: - WiFi Network has no Internet Connection - Ethernet with Internet Connection is plugged in - 3G/4G Dongle is Connected - 3G/4G Mobile Hostspot RNDIS Device is...
  10. Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?

Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?: It is highly annoying to have .pdf files open in Edge instead of Adobe reader, but setting the default app on .pdf does not last long!!! Same with Grove vs Media Player. Ron...