Windows 10: Hotel Wifi

Discus and support Hotel Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've stayed at this hotel before twice and the wifi connection was just fine and Im here again and now there is a problem. I asked the front desk if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Santi112, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Santi112 Win User

Hotel Wifi

I've stayed at this hotel before twice and the wifi connection was just fine and Im here again and now there is a problem. I asked the front desk if anyone else was having problems they said no. I tried trouble shooting and doing some other suggestions involving the command prompt and still nothing. I think it may be my firewall to be honest but Im not sure, I had the same settings on my fire wall before and didn't have an issue. I was wondering if anyone can help me? Is this a common thing?

:)

Santi112, Aug 19, 2019
  2. ViviUK Win User

connecting to hotel wifi

While on holiday in a hotel, my husband connected to hotel wifi on his windows 7 phone without a hitch. I was unable to connect on my windows10 phone. It kept asking me to sign in with user name and password, which of course I could not do. (I had correctly
    entered the passcode). It also suggested I go to the router to connect, which again, I could not do in a hotel.

The previous week we had stayed in a holiday let, and I was able to sign into their wifi ok.

can someone tell me why my w10 phone would not connect in the hotel?

ViviUK, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    Microsoft Lumia phone- how do I sign in with username and password for hotel wifi

Hi Robert,

Here's how you can connect to the WiFi:

• From app list select Settings.
    • Look for WiFi and select it.

• All available WiFi will show up, simply tap the hotel's WiFi (usually it has the hotel's name).
    • From there, you can enter the hotel's WiFi password.
    Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Aug 19, 2019
  4. corvus13 Win User

Hotel Wifi

hotel wifi

Ok, panic over, the hotel WiFi doesn't work but the reception WiFi does. Flap Flap beer....

corvus13, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Hotel Wifi

1. Hotel Wifi - Similar Threads - Hotel Wifi

2. (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.: I think the icons on the taskbar are very bland. While I know how to change app icons, I couldn't change the battery, volume and wifi icons. I think that I have to replace the windows icons with the icons I need but I can't find the correct file or maybe I need to install a...
  3. How do I Connect My Surface to Hotel Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I Connect My Surface to Hotel Wi-Fi?: When I connect to public wifi on normal devices - Apple, Android, toasters, whatever, the non-Windows devices show a browser page and allow me to accept terms to get connected. On Microsoft Surface, it simply says “No Internet, open”. I’ve tried rebooting — which I pretty...
  4. Unable to see interstitial (log in) page when attempting to connect to hotel wifi

Unable to see interstitial (log in) page when attempting to connect to hotel wifi: This is an ongoing problem, and I know I am not the only one to suffer it. Since buying a new computer (Windows 10) I almost invariably fail to see the log in screen to enable me to use hotel wifi. This is in many different hotels in many different territories. I have...
  5. ASUS laptop Windows 10 cannot connect to hotel wifi that requires Room ID and Password.

ASUS laptop Windows 10 cannot connect to hotel wifi that requires Room ID and Password.: I am trying to get my ASUS laptop with Windows 10 to connect to good hotel wifi (iPhone is connecting straight away no problem), when I connect to wifi it comes up and has 'limited connectivity' or also "security concern".. When I connect with my iPhone as hotspot tether...
  6. A new way to browse hotels on Google

in Windows 10 News
    A new way to browse hotels on Google: Earlier this year, we redesigned our hotel search experience so you can more easily explore and filter for hotels on your mobile device. We see that travelers love interacting with the new mobile features—so beginning today, we’re bringing the same modern look and feel to...
  7. Windows update started without warning on hotel wifi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update started without warning on hotel wifi: Windows turned itself off while connected to hotel first wifi. When restarting, it went to black window after login. Ctrl-alt-del brought up the normal panel, but task manager would not appear when clicked (went bank up blank screen). After a couple of reboot attempts with...
  8. BBC website not supporting IE11 (from Brussels Hotel)

in Browsers and Email
    BBC website not supporting IE11 (from Brussels Hotel): Hi there Using High speed internet in Brussels Logged on to BBC Looks like IE11 support ending soon so people still using it will have to get used to something else. [img] Cheers jimbo 110577
  9. Internet devices With 1 Wifi account (hotels ) - portable Router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet devices With 1 Wifi account (hotels ) - portable Router: Hi there Might be of interest to those travelling and staying in hotels where you either have a single Ethernet (LAN) connection or 1 login per room and you have a few devices you want to use. Also works if you have say a business meeting in your room and people need...
  10. Hotel internet story; sudden bad connection

Hotel internet story; sudden bad connection: I am seeking a solution for the following. Here are all the clues: 1. I have been in this hotel for some months on business. Internet with Windows 10 laptop worked great until about a week ago. 2. Suddenly, websites load part way and just keep on loading indefinitely,...