Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114

Discus and support Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 3289 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

Brink, Dec 15, 2014
  2. Kim.G Win User

Windows 10

Hi Roli,

Windows 10 Technical Preview is an old beta version and has been re-branded to Insider Preview. So basically the Insider Preview is the later or updated version of the Windows 10 Preview.

Technical Preview Re-branded To Insider Preview

If you're familiar with the previous versions of Windows, Enterprise editions were designed for enterprise markets, mainly for businesses and universities, and not ideal for home use.

Thanks,

Kim G

Kim.G, Dec 15, 2014
  3. CraftingCreeper Win User
    How do i upgrade from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Windows 10?

How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Windows 10? It's been a week now and I haven't got my update notification in Windows 10 Technical Preview yet.

CraftingCreeper, Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mark Phelps Win User

Does that mean this update will finally install? I've tried three times, had it fail all three times, and have resorted to hiding the update.

Mark Phelps, Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mark Phelps Win User
    This was posted on the Insiders Forum:

I did this on my PC, but I switched over to an HDD after I got fedup with the daily CHKDSKs on the SSD. When I get a chance, I'll image this install to the SSD and see if this KB fixes the daily filesystem corruption problems.

Mark Phelps, Dec 15, 2014
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    I never really had the Explorer crashing issue, but this hotfix seems to have fixed something else! The progs I have set to auto-start at logon now actually START!!! Before I had to manually fire them up or do the enableLUA=0 trick (which messes up lots of apps). Thank you MS!

f14tomcat, Dec 16, 2014
  7. John Pombrio Win User
    This update fixed my issue where my 2 3TB Seagate hard drives would not "wake up" properly after sleep (my boot Samsung SDD worked fine). Disk management would lock up and so would file explorer. They now work properly after I wake up the machine.

The only hassle I have now is that the hard drives spinning down after a few minutes of inactivity so it takes them a while to respond. I have hard drive set to sleep never in advanced power settings. I use KeepAliveHD to "ping" them every 4 minutes to prevent this.

John Pombrio, Dec 16, 2014
  8. Winuser Win User

Are your drives internal or external usb? My external usb drives take a long time to wake up. I use NoSleepHD set to 10 minutes to keep my drives awake. I think it's something in Win 8 and Win 10. I don't remember having this problem in Win 7.

Winuser, Dec 16, 2014
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

This "Fix" seemed to have broken the USB driver on my 9879 VM -- now I can't add / remove any USB devices to the VM after it is powered on. Undoing the fix repaired the problem.

So I think this fix does "more than it says on the tin". It doesn't only "Fix IE" but obviously alters other stuff as well.

On a NON VM (a real machine) the fix might be OK though. However I do know a lot of people are also running these builds in various states of "repair" or "disrepair" as VM's so anything is likely to happen when installing these fixes.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 16, 2014
  10. John Pombrio Win User
    That is the weird thing. It is my internal spinning hard drives that are affected. Had no issues until the 9874 update took out both my ability to sleep and to keep my drives awake all the time. MS's fault, MS's fix. I am not going to try to fix it, just use the workaround for now.

John Pombrio, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114 - Similar Threads - Hotfix Technical Preview

2. Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network: One of the Windows 10 computers on my home network is not accessing other computers on the network even though I have checked no password required in advanced settings. Can anyone help me?...
  3. STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10: Hi everyone i just bought this USB headseat from steelseries and it works really well with anything and what i mean by that is i use it on Discord, Skype and in game chats but when it comes to the xbox app i get this: The sampling rate for your microphone is not supported...
  4. Windows 10 Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos: windows 10 photos stop working, Reset & Repair dose not respond on it … cant uninstall app and cant reinstalls it … how can I fix this ridicules problem on WINDOWS 10 !! I need to see my photos somehow dear Microsoft …. if its a application why you don't put the app...
  5. Windows 10 is glacial in performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is glacial in performance: My laptop is really running slowly at the moment. I sorted it out when it happened the other day when it first happened by doing a windows 10 update trouble shoot, but this time it didn't make any difference when I did it again. All programs run slow and performance manager...
  6. Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings: Movies and TV (also known as Films and TV in some regions) is getting a new update with major improvements. The latest update for Movies and TV app advances it to version Movies and TV app for Windows 10 is picking up an update on Fast Ring with a couple of new features. To...
  7. Technical Issues over Program FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Technical Issues over Program FSX: Hello, First of all I have been tried to contact the page internet http://support.microsoft.com/international.aspx....but in vain, the page is always closed and can't be found, that is why I contact Microsoft community. Well, I am having the following issues since I...
  8. WiFi dropping in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi dropping in Windows 10...: My issue is with Windows 10 and my WiFi continually dropping...I'll be in the middle of working on a website (for a client or myself), and "you're not online" pops up...then, I have to stop & MANUALLY re-start the WiFi...AGAIN...several times!!! It's so fracking frustrating!!...
  9. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update: Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all. I have tried the following: Get-AppXPackage |...
  10. windows menu and emails not opening

windows menu and emails not opening: Hi there my windows menu will not open even if i click the windows key, my emails and windows store are also not opening... i have ran powershell but nothing seemed to be wrong...