Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114

Discus and support Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114 in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 3289 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

Brink, Dec 15, 2014
  2. Kim.G Win User

Windows 10

Hi Roli,

Windows 10 Technical Preview is an old beta version and has been re-branded to Insider Preview. So basically the Insider Preview is the later or updated version of the Windows 10 Preview.

Technical Preview Re-branded To Insider Preview

If you're familiar with the previous versions of Windows, Enterprise editions were designed for enterprise markets, mainly for businesses and universities, and not ideal for home use.

Thanks,

Kim G

Kim.G, Dec 15, 2014
  3. CraftingCreeper Win User
    How do i upgrade from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Windows 10?

How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Windows 10? It's been a week now and I haven't got my update notification in Windows 10 Technical Preview yet.

CraftingCreeper, Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mark Phelps Win User

Does that mean this update will finally install? I've tried three times, had it fail all three times, and have resorted to hiding the update.

Mark Phelps, Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mark Phelps Win User
    This was posted on the Insiders Forum:

I did this on my PC, but I switched over to an HDD after I got fedup with the daily CHKDSKs on the SSD. When I get a chance, I'll image this install to the SSD and see if this KB fixes the daily filesystem corruption problems.

Mark Phelps, Dec 16, 2014
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    I never really had the Explorer crashing issue, but this hotfix seems to have fixed something else! The progs I have set to auto-start at logon now actually START!!! Before I had to manually fire them up or do the enableLUA=0 trick (which messes up lots of apps). Thank you MS!

f14tomcat, Dec 16, 2014
  7. John Pombrio Win User
    This update fixed my issue where my 2 3TB Seagate hard drives would not "wake up" properly after sleep (my boot Samsung SDD worked fine). Disk management would lock up and so would file explorer. They now work properly after I wake up the machine.

The only hassle I have now is that the hard drives spinning down after a few minutes of inactivity so it takes them a while to respond. I have hard drive set to sleep never in advanced power settings. I use KeepAliveHD to "ping" them every 4 minutes to prevent this.

John Pombrio, Dec 16, 2014
  8. Winuser Win User

Are your drives internal or external usb? My external usb drives take a long time to wake up. I use NoSleepHD set to 10 minutes to keep my drives awake. I think it's something in Win 8 and Win 10. I don't remember having this problem in Win 7.

Winuser, Dec 16, 2014
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

This "Fix" seemed to have broken the USB driver on my 9879 VM -- now I can't add / remove any USB devices to the VM after it is powered on. Undoing the fix repaired the problem.

So I think this fix does "more than it says on the tin". It doesn't only "Fix IE" but obviously alters other stuff as well.

On a NON VM (a real machine) the fix might be OK though. However I do know a lot of people are also running these builds in various states of "repair" or "disrepair" as VM's so anything is likely to happen when installing these fixes.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 16, 2014
  10. John Pombrio Win User
    That is the weird thing. It is my internal spinning hard drives that are affected. Had no issues until the 9874 update took out both my ability to sleep and to keep my drives awake all the time. MS's fault, MS's fix. I am not going to try to fix it, just use the workaround for now.

John Pombrio, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114 - Similar Threads - Hotfix Technical Preview

Forum Date

RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661

RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661: We have released a pre-release FFU for RPI3B+ without support for WIFI, Bluetooth, and touch. The FFU can be downloaded from Download Windows 10 IoT .We would like to hear feedback from the community regarding this image. Thanks! Source: RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview...
Windows 10 News Jun 4, 2018

Technical Problems With This Forum?

Technical Problems With This Forum?: I've been trying all day to reply to a topic I started in the Network & Sharing subforum. I've tried 3 different browsers and 2 different computers. Most of the time it will display the correct address - tenforums.com/network-sharing, but then before the page can display it...
Windows 10 Support May 19, 2018

AMD Hotfix Drivers

AMD Hotfix Drivers: What are the AMD hotfix drivers and how do they differ from the normal updates? Would you only install them if you have issues or should you normally install them? Thanks 68950
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Nov 4, 2016

AMD 16.6.1 Hotfix Driver Problems

AMD 16.6.1 Hotfix Driver Problems: I updated to the latest 16.6.1 Hotfix driver and had several Event ID 16388 ATI EEU Client Events at boot. It also took a few more seconds for the login screen to appear and Photoshop decided to disable use of the GPU. I note the last Hotfix is not WHQL certified. I've...
Windows 10 Graphic Cards Jun 8, 2016

GeForce Hotfix driver 350.05 - Much better than previous 349.XX

GeForce Hotfix driver 350.05 - Much better than previous 349.XX: GeForce Hotfix driver 350.05 This is a GeForce Hot Fix driver, version 350.05 that addresses the following issues: Battlefield Hardline - crash with Direct X error message on some systems Dragon Age: Inquisition - TDR crash...
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Apr 11, 2015

Hotfix 1 for System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager Update Rollup

Hotfix 1 for System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager Update Rollup: We published a new KB article that describes the fix that’s included in Hotfix 1 for Microsoft System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager Update Rollup 1. Additionally, the article contains information about how to obtain the hotfix as well as installation instructions. There...
Windows 10 News Dec 13, 2016

Update 1802 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch

Update 1802 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch: Hello everyone! We are excited to let you know that update 1802 for the Technical Preview Branch of System Center Configuration Manager has been released. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test...
Windows 10 News Feb 13, 2018
Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114 solved