Windows 10: Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114

Discus and support Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 3289 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

Brink, Dec 15, 2014
  2. Kim.G Win User

Windows 10

Hi Roli,

Windows 10 Technical Preview is an old beta version and has been re-branded to Insider Preview. So basically the Insider Preview is the later or updated version of the Windows 10 Preview.

Technical Preview Re-branded To Insider Preview

If you're familiar with the previous versions of Windows, Enterprise editions were designed for enterprise markets, mainly for businesses and universities, and not ideal for home use.

Thanks,

Kim G

Kim.G, Dec 15, 2014
  3. How do i upgrade from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Windows 10?

How do I upgrade from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Windows 10? It's been a week now and I haven't got my update notification in Windows 10 Technical Preview yet.

CraftingCreeper, Dec 15, 2014
  4. Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114

Does that mean this update will finally install? I've tried three times, had it fail all three times, and have resorted to hiding the update.

Mark Phelps, Dec 15, 2014
  5. This was posted on the Insiders Forum:

I did this on my PC, but I switched over to an HDD after I got fedup with the daily CHKDSKs on the SSD. When I get a chance, I'll image this install to the SSD and see if this KB fixes the daily filesystem corruption problems.

Mark Phelps, Dec 15, 2014
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    I never really had the Explorer crashing issue, but this hotfix seems to have fixed something else! The progs I have set to auto-start at logon now actually START!!! Before I had to manually fire them up or do the enableLUA=0 trick (which messes up lots of apps). Thank you MS!

f14tomcat, Dec 16, 2014
  7. This update fixed my issue where my 2 3TB Seagate hard drives would not "wake up" properly after sleep (my boot Samsung SDD worked fine). Disk management would lock up and so would file explorer. They now work properly after I wake up the machine.

The only hassle I have now is that the hard drives spinning down after a few minutes of inactivity so it takes them a while to respond. I have hard drive set to sleep never in advanced power settings. I use KeepAliveHD to "ping" them every 4 minutes to prevent this.

John Pombrio, Dec 16, 2014
  8. Winuser Win User

Are your drives internal or external usb? My external usb drives take a long time to wake up. I use NoSleepHD set to 10 minutes to keep my drives awake. I think it's something in Win 8 and Win 10. I don't remember having this problem in Win 7.

Winuser, Dec 16, 2014
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

This "Fix" seemed to have broken the USB driver on my 9879 VM -- now I can't add / remove any USB devices to the VM after it is powered on. Undoing the fix repaired the problem.

So I think this fix does "more than it says on the tin". It doesn't only "Fix IE" but obviously alters other stuff as well.

On a NON VM (a real machine) the fix might be OK though. However I do know a lot of people are also running these builds in various states of "repair" or "disrepair" as VM's so anything is likely to happen when installing these fixes.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 16, 2014
  10. That is the weird thing. It is my internal spinning hard drives that are affected. Had no issues until the 9874 update took out both my ability to sleep and to keep my drives awake all the time. MS's fault, MS's fix. I am not going to try to fix it, just use the workaround for now.

John Pombrio, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hotfix for Windows 10 Technical Preview Update KB3020114 - Similar Threads - Hotfix Technical Preview

2. The Windows 10 technical preview setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 technical preview setup: Hello, Please be sure to give me the Windows 10 technical preview setup download link. Please tell me what I need to do to get this link, do I have to sign up? I mention that I have Microsoft account. Wait for response! Thank you! A good day!...
  3. win 10 technical preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 technical preview: Hi all downloaded latest win 10 (10162) TP yesterday but can only install on any instance of windows im using that time of installation be it 7 or 8 ..... or on a Virtual Box, but not a drive of my choice ?, will this be the same for the final release of win 10 or will u be...
  4. Download Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones‏

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones‏: Hello, Windows Insider – It's Gabe again from our Operating Systems Group (OSG) with more updates on the Windows Insider Program. Since I last wrote to you, we've had over one million more Windows Insiders join the program! One reason for the growing interest was our...
  5. Office Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Office Technical Preview: Microsoft has a private Office 2016 beat group who have access to the next version of Office, and if you feel bummed that you were not included in the group, there is now a way to download the bits. If you head to the source link below, you can now sign up for the Office...
  6. Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview: Today, the Windows 10 Technical Preview was launched to give an early look at what’s next for Windows. Only available to install by joining the Windows Insider Program, the Technical Preview is also the best way to see the latest from Internet Explorer so join today. In this...
  7. Windows 10 Technical Preview - bits and pieces

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - bits and pieces: Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview - MSDN IEBlog Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview Published Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:30 PM Today, the Windows 10 Technical Preview was launched to give an early look at what’s next for...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview 10586.218 cumulative update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview 10586.218 cumulative update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hey all, We have started rolling out the April cumulative update (10.0.10586.218) for Windows 10 Mobile today. Key improvements in this release include: •Reliability, performance and stability improvements....
  9. Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger: Hello all, I guess this time Microsoft will have to face many problems.... I don't know why people say "There is a keylogger in Windows 10 Technical Preview". They say Microsoft collects their personal Data because they heard this from others. I may agree but it was...
  10. Windows Server Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Technical Preview: At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud OS vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure. Windows Server Technical Preview provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities spanning server...