Windows 10: Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters

Discus and support Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've been having this problem quite often on my Windows 10, and it happens only when I am using Anydesk to control another computer. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Impossible_Package, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters

Hi everyone,

I've been having this problem quite often on my Windows 10, and it happens only when I am using Anydesk to control another computer. If I use a shortcut such as Win + Down, the Anydesk computer and my own start to only respond to hotkeys and I don't know what to do. And I have to restart the computer 3x or more times a day if I forget that I can't use the hotkeys.

After I use a shortcut and press A, something opens and the letter doesn't get typed, and so on. Is there another way to fix this that is not restarting the computer?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Impossible_Package
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Impossible_Package, Apr 4, 2020
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Apr 4, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    My Windows 10 HotKeys Wont Work

Hi,

There may be several reasons why the hotkeys stopped working after the upgrade. We suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter to resolve your concern. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters

Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters

1. Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters - Similar Threads - Hotkeys being used

2. Issue with random letters being typed when using Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with random letters being typed when using Search: There seems to be a problem with the "language" setting on my HP All In One Desktop computer. I constantly have to reset the English language. I have done this in settings many times, had an HP assistant attempt it for me as well but to no avail. This is a new computer as of...
  3. Issue with random letters being typed when using Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with random letters being typed when using Search: There seems to be a problem with the "language" setting on my HP All In One Desktop computer. I constantly have to reset the English language. I have done this in settings many times, had an HP assistant attempt it for me as well but to no avail. This is a new computer as of...
  4. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  5. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  6. Laptop with Windows 10 Home uses letter 'f' instead of '.' Period

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop with Windows 10 Home uses letter 'f' instead of '.' Period: I've recently installed windows 10 Home. All of a sudden, today my laptop is displaying the letter f wherever a decimal point would be used. Take a look at the pics for reference. This problem occurs wherever memory in MB/GB is displayed.[IMG][IMG]...
  7. Microphone on headset not being used on PC while webcam microphone is being used instead.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone on headset not being used on PC while webcam microphone is being used instead.: I can plug in my headset in and out now fine, but the microphone is not working. If I plug in the headset into another device, the headset works perfectly fine. When plugging in my PC, the headphones on the headset work, but the microphone is not being used. Instead, the...
  8. Rectangles instead of letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rectangles instead of letters: on windows version 1903 (OS Build 18970.1005) I have rectangles on the settings page where I should be able to see my bluetooth and other devices and printers and scanners page. I tried deleting the font cache and reinstalling the fonts as I was told by Microsoft that it...
  9. Why use advanced file sharing instead of or in addition to regular

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why use advanced file sharing instead of or in addition to regular: This is a question that I found multiple answers to with Google. Some of them seem to contradict others. All users have an account on the system the files are shared from. The OS is Windows 10 Pro 1809 Pro.When sharing files from a system on a network where ALL the people...
  10. Why use advanced file sharing instead of or in addition to regular

in Windows 10 Support
    Why use advanced file sharing instead of or in addition to regular: This is a question that I found multiple answers to with Google. Some of them seem to contradict others. All users have an account on the system the files are shared from. The OS is Windows 10 Pro 1809 Pro.When sharing files from a system on a network where ALL the people...