Windows 10: Hotkeys for changing the language

Discus and support Hotkeys for changing the language in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dxcky, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Dxcky Win User

Hotkeys for changing the language

Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?

:)

Dxcky, Jan 27, 2022

2. Unable to remove a Language for the keyboard or the hotkey

Hi,

Windows has the capability to use different language packages to fit the needs of the customer. Not being able to remove a language pack could be due to data files that got corrupted. To resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start to occur?
    • Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Also, you can follow the steps below to disable the hotkey in switching in between different languages installed on your device:

• Click "Clock, Language, and Region" from the control panel.
    • Click "Language"
    • Click "Advanced settings" in the left column. ...
    • Under "Switching input methods", click "Change language bar hot keys"
    • Select "Between input languages" and click "Change Key Sequence"
    • Disable/change the keyboard shortcut as you'd like.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 27, 2022
  3. soda_YEET Win User
    how to change hotkey for language swapping?

so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing
    hotkey?

soda_YEET, Jan 27, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Hotkeys for changing the language - Similar Threads - Hotkeys changing language

2. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  3. Changing Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Hotkeys: Hi, I'm fairly new to Windows as I just switched over from Macs, and I was wondering if it was possible to switch/change hotkeys. From what I've seen and researched, modifying hotkeys only works for certain keyboards. I'm using a Logitech k400 wireless keyboard and I...
  4. Hotkey change

Hotkey change: I seem to have accidentally changed some hotkey so that entering "shift + s" brings up a screen snipping tool. This is extremely obnoxious when I want to type a capital S; I have to stop what I'm doing, hit escape to exit the snip tool, and then use caps lock to do it. Anyone...
  5. How to Disable Language changing hotkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable Language changing hotkey: hello, idk if this problem is common but i didnt have this problem when i was using windows 10 home edition, i changed my windows to win10 pro and now when ever i play games, *competitive games mostly* i have this problem where it prompts me to change language CTRL + SHIFT +...
  6. How do I change language switch hotkey?

How do I change language switch hotkey?: After one of the recent updates I noticed I can't do it. I'm on Windows 10 1803 and there's no "language bar" or "change input method" or even "Keyboard (under Clock and Region). I can't see any option to change the switch from Alt-**** to anything else....
  7. how to change hotkey for language swapping?

how to change hotkey for language swapping?: so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing hotkey?...
  8. Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.

Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a Huawei MateBook Pro. I sometimes accidentally hit CTL-SHIFT together and toggle my keyboard into French mode. I'd like to know how to disable this feature/change it to something else I don't hit so often. Thanks in advance for your...
  9. Change assigned hotkey for switching input language

Change assigned hotkey for switching input language: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I switch the hotkey assigned to switch input language. I do not want windows logo + spacebar. Please help me. With a previous PC, I assigned it the hotkey shift+ctrl. I would love to revert back to that. Thanks in advance, Sarah...
  10. Language Hotkeys Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Hotkeys Don't Work: I have a friend who is bilingual who is trying to get the Korean language working properly on their computer, and asked me for advice. Before I helped them on theirs, I decided to install it on my computer to make sure I knew how language packs work. I installed the language...