Windows 10: Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

Discus and support Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Asus r542uq windows 10 pro build 17763.107 My laptop has hotkeys on the f1-f12 keys and on the arrow keys. I have ATK package installed which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RishabhPatel9, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

Asus r542uq

windows 10 pro

build 17763.107

My laptop has hotkeys on the f1-f12 keys and on the arrow keys. I have ATK package installed which manages the hotkeys. Now after startup, all the hotkeys on f1-f12 work properly, although the ones on the arrow keys (music hotkeys) work well after startup and then stop while chrome is running and wouldn't start back. I have tried to reinstall atk package. It doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

:)

RishabhPatel9, Oct 31, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

My Windows 10 HotKeys Wont Work

Hi,

There may be several reasons why the hotkeys stopped working after the upgrade. We suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter to resolve your concern. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

1. Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running. - Similar Threads - Hotkeys working properly

2. My language input hotkey doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My language input hotkey doesn't work properly: I always use Left Alt + Shift To change my language Input but after updating Windows 10 latest I cant use it anymore so I upgrade to Windows 11 but it is still happens.when I tried to change language input on taskbar click on the Taskbar + Left Alt + Shift it changed 6 out of...
  3. My language input hotkey doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My language input hotkey doesn't work properly: I always use Left Alt + Shift To change my language Input but after updating Windows 10 latest I cant use it anymore so I upgrade to Windows 11 but it is still happens.when I tried to change language input on taskbar click on the Taskbar + Left Alt + Shift it changed 6 out of...
  4. Google Chrome Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome Not Working Properly: I've been using Google Chrome for several years, one day it stopped working. I would try to open Google Chrome and it will load and not open. There will be several tabs of Google Chrome on the task manager of my attempts. If something gets redirected to Google Chrome it will...
  5. Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.: i have set a hot key to open minecraft when i press ctrl alt up however it does not work on the desktop. the hotkey only works when i have another program open. submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link] [comments]...
  6. Chrome is not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome is not working properly: Since my computer was updated to Windows 10 and Edge, I've had nothing but problems. I have been able to get most of my websites and apps working, but today, I open my computer, and I cannot load any web pages through Chrome Edge works just fine, I keep getting an error code...
  7. google chrome not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome not working properly: Hi I am using windows 10 Home 64 bit version. I have installed google chrome to surf the internet but chrome is unable to open webpages and connect to internet properly. However I have no problem surfing the internet while using edge. Can anyone guide me about the solution to...
  8. Google Chrome is not working properly!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome is not working properly!: My problem with Google Chrome is that it's either closing instantly when I open it or that no files stay open, they just say that the site needs to reload, and then when I try to reload it, it closes. Can anyone help me out?...
  9. Some of my hotkeys stopped working while Chrome is open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some of my hotkeys stopped working while Chrome is open: Some of my hotkeys stopped working while Chrome is open. I installed ATK package and turned arrow buttons into hotkeys for the music. But they don’t work when Chrome is running. At the same time the keys F1-F12 are working. They are also hotkeys. I use Asus laptop, Windows 10...
  10. Hotkeys not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hotkeys not working properly.: Asus r542uq windows 10 pro build 17763.107 My laptop has hotkeys on the f1-f12 keys and on the arrow keys. I have ATK package installed which manages the hotkeys. Now after startup, all the hotkeys on f1-f12 work properly, although the ones on the arrow keys (music...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does chrome 2019 solve copataability problems with windows 10 17763 build

2. hotkeys for other apps wont work while apex is open

3. chrome on build 17763 not working

4. arrow keys not working when google chrome is opened,
  5. Hotkeys not working properly when chrome is working