Windows 10: Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP

Discus and support Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10. Using Sleep button on my HP desktop keyboard works fine. WIN 10 On my Surface (SP3), using Logitech K740 illuminated keyboard with Docking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RJL24, Aug 20, 2015.

1. RJL24 Win User

Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP

Win 10. Using Sleep button on my HP desktop keyboard works fine.

WIN 10 On my Surface (SP3), using Logitech K740 illuminated keyboard with Docking station.
    No obvious sleep button on the keyboard.

If possible:

How can I create a Sleep hot button, or what is best shortcut to create sleep, rather then waiting for automatic sleep to occur (20 minutes)?

:)

RJL24, Aug 20, 2015

2. shortcut key

This link describes how to set up a shortcut -- I mention this so that you can get an idea of where to look for possible causes of such a shortcut:

Desktop Shortcut | Keyboard Hotkey To Mute Sound

http://www.technixupdate.com/desktop-shortcut-k...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Shortcut --> HOTKEY for sleep

Hey Jan,

Windows has a feature to help you out with that by pressing the power button with your own setting! Hit Windows key + I together, and that will bring you into Windows Settings. Go into System on the top left. On the left side of the window, you should see the
    Power & sleep button. Click that, and under "Related settings", go into Additional power settings. You should see a classic Windows style window named "Power Options". On the left pane of the window, you should see "Choose what the power buttons do". If you
    prefer that the power button puts your computer to sleep, select "Sleep" in "When I press the power button:". Now every time you press the power button, it should go to sleep.

Alternatively, you can hit Windows key + X together, then press U, then S as the menu cascades. Source:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-shutdown-o...

I hope this has been helpful.

Ethan B., Aug 20, 2015
  4. RJL24 Win User

One alternative is, I suppose, I guess I can use the power button on the SP3 and set it to put the SP3 to sleep.

Would be nice to create a keyboard hotkey/ shortcut also.

RJL24, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP - Similar Threads - Hotkeys desktop keyboard

2. Sleep Shortcut on Keyboard is Buggy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Shortcut on Keyboard is Buggy: This is an interesting issue, and as I'd normally troubleshoot myself and fix the problem, this one has me stumped.Basically, I'll premise this with the idea that there are two ways to put a desktop to sleep:Option 1: Assigning a button via Windows settingsOption 2: Going to...
  3. Sleep Shortcut on Keyboard is Buggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Shortcut on Keyboard is Buggy: This is an interesting issue, and as I'd normally troubleshoot myself and fix the problem, this one has me stumped.Basically, I'll premise this with the idea that there are two ways to put a desktop to sleep:Option 1: Assigning a button via Windows settingsOption 2: Going to...
  4. Sleep Shortcut on Keyboard is Buggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working

in Windows 10 Support
    KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working: Windows 10 offers it but I do not know the magic trick to make it actually work : [img] Right here windows is giving me hope that this is possible. but so far I have not been able to make it give me a shortcut to a folder. I need it to open it up in a manner that its...
  6. Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.: i have set a hot key to open minecraft when i press ctrl alt up however it does not work on the desktop. the hotkey only works when i have another program open. submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link] [comments]...
  7. Desktop shortcut for SLEEP function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop shortcut for SLEEP function: I was able to create a SHUTDOWN and a RESTART desktop shortcut from system32 folder but I was not successful creating SLEEP. Can someone provide the address. Thank you....
  8. Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working?: Just installed Windows 10 Build 1909. Made a CMD shortcut on the desktop and assigned a custom keyboard shortcut of ctrl + alt + k using the properties window. The keyboard shortcut does not work. I have tried putting the shortcut in the start menu and have tried multiple...
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!: Hi, I recently just got a refurbished laptop from an auction. The keyboard shortcuts (ex: ctrl + c) don't work, anything I've read online is not working. It's a windows 10, but some of the settings and layout is a bit different. I don't know much, as I just got it today. Can...
  10. Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working: Hi, So suddenly today while rearranging windows, snapping stopped working. I'm unable to snap windows using the Win + Left/Right/Up/Down. Moving the windows with the mouse still works, but not with the keyboard hotkeys. As you can imagine this is incredibly inconvenient...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to put logitech k740 keyboard to sleep