Windows 10: Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP

Discus and support Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10. Using Sleep button on my HP desktop keyboard works fine. WIN 10 On my Surface (SP3), using Logitech K740 illuminated keyboard with Docking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RJL24, Aug 20, 2015.

1. RJL24 Win User

Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP

Win 10. Using Sleep button on my HP desktop keyboard works fine.

WIN 10 On my Surface (SP3), using Logitech K740 illuminated keyboard with Docking station.
    No obvious sleep button on the keyboard.

If possible:

How can I create a Sleep hot button, or what is best shortcut to create sleep, rather then waiting for automatic sleep to occur (20 minutes)?

:)

RJL24, Aug 20, 2015

2. shortcut key

This link describes how to set up a shortcut -- I mention this so that you can get an idea of where to look for possible causes of such a shortcut:

Desktop Shortcut | Keyboard Hotkey To Mute Sound

http://www.technixupdate.com/desktop-shortcut-k...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Shortcut --> HOTKEY for sleep

Hey Jan,

Windows has a feature to help you out with that by pressing the power button with your own setting! Hit Windows key + I together, and that will bring you into Windows Settings. Go into System on the top left. On the left side of the window, you should see the
    Power & sleep button. Click that, and under "Related settings", go into Additional power settings. You should see a classic Windows style window named "Power Options". On the left pane of the window, you should see "Choose what the power buttons do". If you
    prefer that the power button puts your computer to sleep, select "Sleep" in "When I press the power button:". Now every time you press the power button, it should go to sleep.

Alternatively, you can hit Windows key + X together, then press U, then S as the menu cascades. Source:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-shutdown-o...

I hope this has been helpful.

Ethan B., Aug 20, 2015
  4. RJL24 Win User

One alternative is, I suppose, I guess I can use the power button on the SP3 and set it to put the SP3 to sleep.

Would be nice to create a keyboard hotkey/ shortcut also.

RJL24, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP - Similar Threads - Hotkeys desktop keyboard

2. Set keyboard shortcut to put graphics outputs to sleep?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Set keyboard shortcut to put graphics outputs to sleep?: After a while of disuse, Windows put the graphics cards to sleep and the monitors go into stand-by. Is there a way to make this happen (e.g. using AutoHotKey) with a keyboard shortcut? I need the computer to keep running sometimes whilst I don't need the monitor(s) to be on....
  3. Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working: Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of desktop opened. This seems to be a common issue but no genuine fix. Perhaps here someone will know? Thanks! 78430
  4. mystery keyboard shortcut activates Sleep without prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    mystery keyboard shortcut activates Sleep without prompt: Let me preface this with yes I did google and searched on this forum and no I couldn't find anything that seemed to fit this issue. I tried Alt+F4 and that was not the same result. When the issue occurred, I was playing a game and within the game there is a debug on/off...
  5. Keyboard Shortcut Directly to Virtual Desktop Number?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcut Directly to Virtual Desktop Number?: I can move through virtual desktops via WIN+CNTRL+ARROWS, but is there a way to use keyboard shortcuts to directly go to a given desktop number? 19151
  6. Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10: Thank you for this! +1 20805
  7. Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working: Hi, So suddenly today while rearranging windows, snapping stopped working. I'm unable to snap windows using the Win + Left/Right/Up/Down. Moving the windows with the mouse still works, but not with the keyboard hotkeys. As you can imagine this is incredibly inconvenient...
  8. Virtual Desktop Slide Effect with Keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Desktop Slide Effect with Keyboard Shortcut: I am using the keyboard shortcut (CNTRL+WIN+arrows) to get to different virtual desktops. But I don't like the slide effect since it kinda makes me dizzy (I have issues with vertigo). Is there a way to just have it "snap" to the different desktops without any sort of...
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: How do you turn OFF keyboard shortcuts? I never use them but when I'm typing, I often hit CTRL when I mean the Shift key and then whatever letter I hit next is then combined with CTRL and displays something I don't want. I've been unable to find the setting that hopefully...
  10. Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcuts: Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, I've been reading tutorials on keyboard navigation, as I'd like to learn to navigate Windows 10 without a mouse, and while I've mastered a few commands I'd like to know how to de-select highlighted text after CTRL-A has been pressed. I've pressed...