Windows 10: Hotmail account cannot send emails, only receiving on Windows 10 and web

Discus and support Hotmail account cannot send emails, only receiving on Windows 10 and web in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having a huge issue for a while, I can receive Hotmail/Live mails, but not send on Windows 10 - tried resetting the Mail application, did not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NadjaS1, Nov 5, 2018.

1. NadjaS1 Win User

Hotmail account cannot send emails, only receiving on Windows 10 and web

Having a huge issue for a while, I can receive Hotmail/Live mails, but not send on Windows 10 - tried resetting the Mail application, did not work. Tried to update the settings manually in Mail application, did not work. Can someone reconfirm the entries please.

Interestingly, I can also not send emails via my Hotmail account when logging in via the web, only receive!! Only on my mobile phone I can send emails. So I have to draft on laptop and they get stuck in Outbox, then send them via my mobile phone later.

Please help!!! Thanks

:)

NadjaS1, Nov 5, 2018
  2. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Nov 5, 2018
  3. unable to send or receive on my hotmail account

Hi Anne,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are unable to send or receive mails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc or the Hotmail account prior to this issue?

• Have you configured the Hotmail id in the Mail app?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Are you able to send and receive mails using the web account?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 5, 2018
  4. RSL486 Win User

emails in hotmail account

Hotmail account was working. Now I cannot send or receive emails. Then I get this message:
    To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to
    http://hotmail.live.com
    on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to
    http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services.

Subject 'test'

Server Error: 3204

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20003

I have tried to find the link...cannot. Have signed in...still does not work. Anyone HELP?

RSL486, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hotmail account cannot send emails, only receiving on Windows 10 and web - Similar Threads - Hotmail account cannot

2. I cannot receive or send email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot receive or send email: Since the latest update for windows 10, I cannot receive or send email from my BT account. Microsoft has to be the worst operating system ever sold. Thank goodness for the internet, as I can gain access to my account online. I need this operating system fixed....
  3. Hotmail emails will not send

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail emails will not send: I set up a new PC running Windows 10 and now emails from hotmail will not send? I have two different hotmail accounts and they won't send. They receive just fine. My Gmail account does work to send. What could be wrong with hotmail/outlook?...
  4. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: This is the message I get when I try to send/receive messages on my Windows Live Mail account. I have Windows 10 Pro. Unable to send or receive messages for the Embarqmail mrwhite56 account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com' Windows Live Mail...
  5. cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live email: Windows 10 did an update and after the update was complete, I could not send or receive emails in Windows Live email. There ws and Unknown error message . The mail Error ID was 0x800C013E...
  6. Cannot Send Emails - Only Receiving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Send Emails - Only Receiving: I cannot send emails through my Windows Mail App. I have removed and added my gmail account twice. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Mail app using the powershell run code to remove it. I have looked on community forums and no resolutions have worked for me. This is...
  7. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-emails-on-windows-live-mail/b45fe2f4-27c0-4d38-b94a-74338b02aecf
  8. Cannot send or receive emails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot send or receive emails in Windows 10: I thought maybe I had too many large files so I deleted things I did not need. Had not received email since Jan 3, but then about 23 emails came in. So I thought things were getting repaired, but I could still not send any gmail. I receive and send gmail fine on my phone,...
  9. Cannot send or receive email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot send or receive email: I cannot access/use by Comcast email account. Outlook doesn't work either. icloud does not work. The 'Sync' function does not respond. I can connect to the internet (WiFi). Life was fine up to three days ago - I was typing a reply to an email, unintentionally hit a bunch of...
  10. Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.: I now get "Network Operation Failed" and below that, "Error with send/receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error: 80041004" This Outlook install is part of Office 2010. Everything was running fine until this morning. I did a lot of searching...