Windows 10: Hotmail-Account has Proplem in Mail for Windows 10 App

Discus and support Hotmail-Account has Proplem in Mail for Windows 10 App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since Friday my app said that there was a problem with my Hotmail-Account but failed to repair it. Today I got frustrated and deleted the connection to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kugel3000, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Kugel3000 Win User

Hotmail-Account has Proplem in Mail for Windows 10 App

Since Friday my app said that there was a problem with my Hotmail-Account but failed to repair it. Today I got frustrated and deleted the connection to the app, now when I tried to reestablish it I get an error message 0x80090027 with out any further explanation and told to try later, what can I do? Note the account seems fine I can still lock onto it over the browser, but I want to write my mails in the Program and not the browser.

:)

Kugel3000, Feb 18, 2019
  2. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Feb 18, 2019
  3. My hotmail account could not be added to the mail and calendar app

Hi Jayson,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Let's try to follow these methods below, to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

Try to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps and refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, let's try to follow these steps below, to fix your issue:

Add and remove the Hotmail account on Mail App:

I suggest you to remove Hotmail account and add this account again in Mail app.

Try these steps below to delete the Hotmail account on Mail app.

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for Hotmail account on Choose an account Window, then Tap or click the Hotmail account you want to remove.
    • At the bottom, tap or click Remove account or Remove all accounts, thus remove the Hotmail account.

Try these steps below to reconfigure Hotmail account on Mail app.

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for Hotmail account on Choose an account Window. If it is not available, go to Other account.
    • Add you Hotmail account Email address and Password in the Other account Window and check, if it works.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists in the Microsoft user account, let's try to run Microsoft account troubleshooter and check, if it works.

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

The following issues are checked by the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter program:

•Corrupt Microsoft Account settings

•Can’t connect to the sync service

•Problems with Microsoft account Policy

•Microsoft Account required

•Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues

•Check for roaming GPO enabled status

•Problem with system registration

•Signed in with a guest account, or Roaming User Profiles enabled

•You are not connected to the Internet

•Proxy Settings

•You have reached your daily sync quote

•Sync your settings is turned off

•Check system not activated.

Refer to the following link to run the troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

Just add them. You can have any number of Outlook Mail Accounts in the Windows 10 Mail App.
    Both of my Outlook Email Accounts are setup in the Windows 10 Mail App.

You use the top selection for Outlook, nothing to do with PC user accounts as such. I actually use a Local Account for the PC.

Historically, they were pre 2012 Hotmail Accounts which were transferred and the old Hotmail address appears as a folder(linked account) in the Outlook Accounts. Thus old stray Hotmails are still received.
    Back in 2012 MS asked people to change to Outlook Mail as MS were going to close down Hotmail, however they never seemed to actually do that.

Helmut, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Hotmail-Account has Proplem in Mail for Windows 10 App - Similar Threads - Hotmail Account has

2. Adding a second hotmail account to mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a second hotmail account to mail: I have my primary hotmail account setup through Windows Mail for Windows 10 though when I try to add my secondary hotmail account to combine them into my inbox it just loads for hours saying creating account. I've tried different methods to add this account and have also...
  3. Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app

Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app: Hi, I have two Hotmail accounts set up in Windows 10 Mail and suddenly this morning one of them no longer syncs. The animated dots run along under the Search bar, but it still says "Nothing has arrived yet". I've got no problem with the other Hotmail account, and the...
  4. no hotmail in windows 10 mail app

no hotmail in windows 10 mail app: why is my hotmail mail account not showing in windows 10 mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hotmail-in-windows-10-mail-app/e79f4d31-b49d-4331-b401-97919170d4d3
  5. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  6. Contacts from Windows 10 Mail app not syncing to Hotmail

Contacts from Windows 10 Mail app not syncing to Hotmail: I have my Hotmail account setup in the Mail app. I fi create contacts in the Mail app, they are not syncing back to Hotmail, even though I have it setup to do so. I can go and force a sync but they never show up in Hotmail....
  7. Windows 10 mail (hotmail) contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail (hotmail) contacts: How do I import my Windows 10 mail (hotmail) contacts into EM Client? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-hotmail-contacts/ef8eeada-a60c-40b3-95b2-03a6557a93fc"
  8. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  9. Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?: Hello, I have a Microsoft account and I am using it with Windows 10. I want to use the Windows 10 built in Mail App. It seem very nice. I added multiple Gmail and Yahoo accounts without any issue. But, finally, when I want to add more Hotmail accounts Windows...
  10. Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts: Having got all of my standard stuff, including having MS Outlook handle my email accounts, sorted out; I decided to give the new Windows 10 Mail Application a try. Unfortunately I cannot get it to do a darned thing:- 1. With my Hotmail account I get error code 0x80070032....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to write an email to IT to fix the app proplem