Windows 10: Hotmail account linked to Administration Profile

Discus and support Hotmail account linked to Administration Profile in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; To get iTunes for Windows 10, I logged into my hotmail account to access Microsoft Store. At the end of my work , while I was making sure if I signed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by suleagac, Jun 29, 2021.

1. suleagac Win User

Hotmail account linked to Administration Profile

To get iTunes for Windows 10, I logged into my hotmail account to access Microsoft Store. At the end of my work , while I was making sure if I signed out from all my accounts I logged into, there I found out , my hotmail email account had initiated with the " Computer Administration" profile... computer wasn't mine ,I was just using it for little while, My question #1- How did my email address/account got initiated with the computer's Administration profile...#2- I kept working on it to remove my email acct from that user's profile, I wasn't able to...until later my friend came did a thing

:)

suleagac, Jun 29, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Polarman Win User
    Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, Jun 29, 2021
  4. rpsgc Win User

rpsgc, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Hotmail account linked to Administration Profile - Similar Threads - Hotmail account linked

2. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail account: I had to create a new Hotmail account through Microsoft cause my old one got hacked and I wasn't able to get anyone at microsoft to help me fix it. My new one is working but I'm unable to delete my old account because I can't sign into due to the account being hacked. Any...
  3. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail account: I had to create a new Hotmail account through Microsoft cause my old one got hacked and I wasn't able to get anyone at microsoft to help me fix it. My new one is working but I'm unable to delete my old account because I can't sign into due to the account being hacked. Any...
  4. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removal of Windows password - impossible due to link with Hotmail account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of Windows password - impossible due to link with Hotmail account?: I need to remove my password from my windows laptop as the laptop is due to be repaired. I do not seem to be able to do this following any of the instructions I found on the web and the instructions given by Dell This seems to be because my LA[top Pin/Password is somehow...
  6. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail account: I am getting termination notice addressed to user@hotmail. Due to no upgrade? Scam or not. By tapping a blue bar. No microsoft logo. Please inform as it says final notice to termination...
  7. hotmail account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    hotmail account: my Hotmail is very important to me and it keeps getting blocked, I am on limited income and try to buy and sell on craigslist,etc. why is this happening? *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. hotmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail account: I cannot get into my Hotmail email account on the laptop or pc. I have no problem on my tablet. address and password is correct. Why is this? confused. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-account/52687057-d6ef-4447-8b31-cb573136143f"
  9. Hotmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Hotmail account: My email address ends in @Hotmail.com.I receive emails with no problems,when I compose a new email or forward on emails,more times than not I get the error message "Can`t connect to Outlook please try later"with a CLOSE button. When I click CLOSE the message is "You are...
  10. Transferring Administrator Account Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transferring Administrator Account Profile: Hi all, Upgraded to W10 from W7 several months ago now and activated and used only the built-in Administrator account. Which is what I have done for many years now to stop the UAC popups. However, I have soon discovered this Administrator account, while blocking the UAC...