Windows 10: Hotmail automatically opens when clicking on any webpage's Mail icon. How to stop this?

Discus and support Hotmail automatically opens when clicking on any webpage's Mail icon. How to stop this? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10. Whenever I click on any webpage's Mail icon, though logged off, my Outlook Hotmail page automatically opens without me entering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SWD Jenkins, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Hotmail automatically opens when clicking on any webpage's Mail icon. How to stop this?

I am using Windows 10. Whenever I click on any webpage's Mail icon, though logged off, my Outlook Hotmail page automatically opens without me entering a password. How can I stop this from happening?“***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***”

:)

SWD Jenkins, Feb 7, 2022

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 7, 2022
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Hotmail automatically opens when clicking on any webpage's Mail icon. How to stop this? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 7, 2022
  4. gasolin Win User

Hotmail automatically opens when clicking on any webpage's Mail icon. How to stop this?

How to get notification of new mail's? (hotmail/outlook)

I don't use skype that dosn't give me notification when i get a new mail, i use emesene, when i click on the email icon i go to my hotmail's which is merged with outlook windows 8 style. I use windows 7 64bit

My problem is i don't get notification of new email anymore (don't want a sound) the icon in emesene dosn't show me how many mails i got, always shows 0 new mails.

If i don't want hotmail/outlook open all the time, use my phone or clicking the email icon in emesene all the time, what can i do to see how many new mails i have gotten? I don't like the other version of outlook you could install when there was msn messenger

Bigsby and aMsn don't go directly to my email account it goes to this Sign in to your Microsoft account , (microsoft account where i can't se my mails) the apps,ad ons for chrome dosn't work.

gasolin, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

Hotmail automatically opens when clicking on any webpage's Mail icon. How to stop this?

1. Hotmail automatically opens when clicking on any webpage's Mail icon. How to stop this? - Similar Threads - Hotmail automatically opens

2. how to set Outlook mail to open to the inbox page with a click on the taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set Outlook mail to open to the inbox page with a click on the taskbar icon: When I press Outlook Mail taskbar button the Sign in page appears, then I press the Sign In box and 3 blank pages with a small blue envelope in the center flash on 3 times. After the 3 pages disappear the Inbox appears. Why the 3 pages? This has been occurring for many months...
  3. how to set Outlook mail to open to the inbox page with a click on the taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to set Outlook mail to open to the inbox page with a click on the taskbar icon: When I press Outlook Mail taskbar button the Sign in page appears, then I press the Sign In box and 3 blank pages with a small blue envelope in the center flash on 3 times. After the 3 pages disappear the Inbox appears. Why the 3 pages? This has been occurring for many months...
  4. will not open up when I click icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    will not open up when I click icon: HP support assist will not stay open when i click on icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-open-up-when-i-click-icon/c385bde1-3838-4017-b238-7d48b71edfde
  5. i cant open any photos when i click on any image it opens and closes automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant open any photos when i click on any image it opens and closes automatically: plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-photos-when-i-click-on-any-image/742ec6fe-0a54-45b7-a924-3c690e9c96c2
  6. unable to open emails in hotmail with any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open emails in hotmail with any browser: I am unable to open any email in hotmail in win 10 home. Error message " unable to complete download. Try again later". This is happening 2 days now. I am using Acer Aspire A315-21-99ES Sam...
  7. not open webpage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not open webpage: not open web page error (DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-webpage/53925e82-0fee-4cba-ba2c-c4000037dc99
  8. automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled

in Browsers and Email
    automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled: Hi On my laptop using Windows 10 with Edge browser or IE11 browser when I go to Hotmail (now Outlook mail) I must sign in....always. On My Windows 10 desktop using Edge browser when I select Hotmail (now Outlook mail) it automatically signs into my email. This is not good...
  9. Mail and Agenda application close automatically when opening mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Agenda application close automatically when opening mails: Hi, I have been using the Mail & Agenda app on my laptop from the beginning but recently it has started to mess up. For example: everytime i want to open a mail to read it, it will just automatically close down the whole app. I can't seem to find anyone else with the...
  10. Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange Icons automatically when opening TV: Hello i need some expert advice here. actually this is of my colleague he has having a problem. he's desktop pc is connected to Samsung Smart TV and of course there's is no problem with the desktop except we arrange all the icons and folders some folder we put it on the...