Windows 10: Hotmail file attachment bug after Win 10 upgrade

Discus and support Hotmail file attachment bug after Win 10 upgrade in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to Win 10 Hotmail has exhibited a bug where when I try to attach a file it comes back with 'leave this page' and I could not move... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rajn1, Dec 20, 2015.

1. rajn1 Win User

Hotmail file attachment bug after Win 10 upgrade

Ever since I upgraded to Win 10 Hotmail has exhibited a bug where when I try to attach a file it comes back with 'leave this page' and I could not move forward with the attachment. The workaround was to re-start and that would solve the problem and the attachment would work. I have tried other options such as deleting cache etc and none of them work. The only thing that works is a re-start. Is there a MS solution for this please?
    Thanks
    Raj

:)

rajn1, Dec 20, 2015
  2. yaincl Win User

Mail attachment disappeared

I upgraded to win 10 and some attachments in mails are disappeared. They are winzip and big excel files.

yaincl, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Mail attachments in Gmail won't open since I downloaded windows 10

I've got the same issue. Clicking on the attachment shows a progress bar. Sometimes the download completes after 10-15 minutes, but often it never completes. These are all small files <1MB.

This seems to be specific to gmail accounts. If I send the same attachment to both Hotmail and Gmail accounts, the Hotmail one will download (albeit slower than I would expect).

AdrianAkison, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

Hotmail file attachment bug after Win 10 upgrade

1. Hotmail file attachment bug after Win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Hotmail file attachment

2. Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached: I have an acquaintance that was having issues with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATON for a while, and is continuing to have BSOD's. I'm not as handy with WinDbg as I'd like, but when I use it to view the dumps, I see 3 different errors. I wonder if to a trained eye, there may be a common...
  3. Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached: I have an acquaintance that was having issues with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATON for a while, and is continuing to have BSOD's. I'm not as handy with WinDbg as I'd like, but when I use it to view the dumps, I see 3 different errors. I wonder if to a trained eye, there may be a common...
  4. Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Funny bug...upgraded to Win 10 pro for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Funny bug...upgraded to Win 10 pro for free: I have two laptops, let's call them A and B. A is 3 yrs old and B is 2 yrs old, both came with Windows 10 Home. A couple of days ago, I upgraded them both to Windows 10 2004 version. After that, the start menu on B stopped working common bug, so I tried to rollback the...
  6. attachments in Calendar for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    attachments in Calendar for Win 10: Hello, am I able to add attahcments like in email to a calendar event? The app is the windows 10 Calendar. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachments-in-calendar-for-win-10/5c10b7e0-419a-4ea8-b5e4-247da243198d
  7. Hotmail upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotmail upgrade: I do not want to upgrade my hotmail to premium. However since they posted on my hotmail that I could do that, they've placed an ad over top of my file area so I cannot see my files. How to I clear that ad? I do NOT want to upgrade to premium. Thank you Marilyn Miller 3...
  8. After upgrading to Wins 10 v1809, errors and bugs appeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    After upgrading to Wins 10 v1809, errors and bugs appeared: January 11, 2019 [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Iam the only one Administrator for use of your Wins and the Wins is used in my the only one Desktop computer. After upgrading to Wins 10 v1809 by you under case no. 1449962672, the following...
  9. Upgrade into BSOD Zip File Attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade into BSOD Zip File Attached: Hi, Im new to the forums. Just upgraded my system with new motherboard, cpu and memory combo. Did a fresh system install Windows 10 Pro 64Bit. And was met with bsod soon after i finished installing drivers. First time i noticed bsod was when i was copying large game folder...
  10. Win 10 and email attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 and email attachments: Like everyone else, I upgraded to Win 10. When I open email attachments using Outlook 2013 or the Outlook App, I cannot open them even if there are .docx files. Specifically, when I click once on the attachment I get " this file cannot be previewed because there is no...