Windows 10: Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

Discus and support Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HighwayRob, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone stopped synching and samsung doesn't allow you to edit passwords, only add/remove accounts.I was a bit unhappy to find I was not allowed to set my hotmail password to what it used to be. It says "old password detected" and refuses ot let me set it.Now in windows AD environment there's a similar setting, however it is "cannot

:)

HighwayRob, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Bob Marks Win User

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Reuse/Reset an old Password

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know how are you trying to change the Password? Using web base browser or mail client?

For now let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. I suggest you to open the outlook.com web page on the browser and log-in using the working password. Now try changing the password from the change password option and check if it helps.

• Click on the Gear and click Option.
    • Click on Account details (Password, addresses, time zone) and click on
      Security & Privacy.
    • Click on Change password and provide the credential and change the password.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

Jayzilla, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

1. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords - Similar Threads - Hotmail Outlook Password

2. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  3. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  4. Cannot change hotmail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change hotmail password: I am unable to change hotmail password. I know my security answers. I can also go to the next step and when I put a new password, I get an error message that something is wrong currently. Please try again later....
  5. Cannot change hotmail password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change hotmail password: I am unable to change hotmail password. I know my security answers. I can also go to the next step and when I put a new password, I get an error message that something is wrong currently. Please try again later....
  6. Change password back to an old password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change password back to an old password: Hi thereI know how to change password.. but i have been asked too many times now to change my password, that i can't remember the new ones anymore, and want to go back to an old reliable passwordAny idea how to do that?Everytime i try it just says "You have used an old...
  7. How do I reuse an old password?

How do I reuse an old password?: So this morning when I turned on my computer, it forced me to go through a verification process that I tried to skip, and forced me to change my password without my consent. I had seen a forum post...
  8. WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS

WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS: This is incredible frustrating. I forgot my password once, and this started a chain of forgetting my passwords, and now eveyr password ive ever used in my entire life cannot be used iwht my microsoft account. so eveyr single time i try to login i cannot remember the...
  9. Hotmail Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hotmail Password: I tried to get into win 10 safe mode using boot selection in msconfig. After restart both my current pass or hotmail pass not working. So this probably my error. I changed my account pass from my phone. I have the new pass now. I then "shift+restart" > troubleshoot >...
  10. hotmail password

hotmail password: How do we retrieve or replace our password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-password/298660c1-c966-432d-a082-ad83bb46761a"