Windows 10: hotmail password reset

Discus and support hotmail password reset in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; my friend lost access to his email account and he asked me to help him reset his password. So i started the password reset and the hotmail system... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Splinter, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Splinter Win User

hotmail password reset

my friend lost access to his email account and he asked me to help him reset his password. So i started the password reset and the hotmail system wanted to sent me a pin to his mobile phone. Unfortunately he didn't have his mobile phone with him. So i tried to choose the alternatives for delivering a password reset pin code to one of my own email adresses. After a couple of minutes i got the pin code to my personal email. Is this really how it should be? So everybody who got the mail adress of my friend is able to change his password? I must say i didn't finish the procedure because he wanted to try it at home with his mobile phone. But Isn't this lack of security? I also watched a guide on YouTube how somebody changes his hotmail password. He wasn't asked to confirm his birthday date or his security question, just by typing in the pin code he obtained....

:)

Splinter, Nov 20, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

they could be skipping the password entirely and just using the reset functions. find out what it takes to reset - things like date of birth, secret question and answer, that kind of thing.

change them so he cant know what they are. run a proper antivirus (kaspersky 30 day trial is my suggestion) and see if it finds something your AV missed.

and then finally, stop using hotmail. my live account is on a yahoo i never used for anything, and its never been hacked.

Mussels, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Polarman Win User

hotmail password reset

Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

hotmail password reset

1. hotmail password reset - Similar Threads - hotmail password reset

2. Hotmail reset password failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail reset password failed: I have tried to rest my hotmail password over 10 times and I am unable to.Can someone please assist I am desperate. Have tried with my credit card details and recent emails however it keeps on declining.I am in need of a urgent password rest can someone please help>?...
  3. Hotmail reset password failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail reset password failed: I have tried to rest my hotmail password over 10 times and I am unable to.Can someone please assist I am desperate. Have tried with my credit card details and recent emails however it keeps on declining.I am in need of a urgent password rest can someone please help>?...
  4. cant reset hotmail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant reset hotmail password: Cannot reset hotmail password because i "dont have enough information" I cant access online support because i cant login. cant find any other link anywhereI cant phone them because "they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes" and it automatically hangs up.I...
  5. cant reset hotmail password

cant reset hotmail password: Cannot reset hotmail password because i "dont have enough information" I cant access online support because i cant login. cant find any other link anywhereI cant phone them because "they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes" and it automatically hangs up.I...
  6. Unable to reset password on New Hotmail Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset password on New Hotmail Account: Hi ,I created a new hotmail account for Azure Training. I created a virtual machine on this account and then was unable to access and my hotmail account got disabled. I am now unable to access my hotmail account and the Azure account associated so can not stop the vm. Have...
  7. Unable to reset password on New Hotmail Account

Unable to reset password on New Hotmail Account: Hi ,I created a new hotmail account for Azure Training. I created a virtual machine on this account and then was unable to access and my hotmail account got disabled. I am now unable to access my hotmail account and the Azure account associated so can not stop the vm. Have...
  8. hotmail password reset been hacked help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail password reset been hacked help: help me reset password i was hacked and dont know what to do help me asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-password-reset-been-hacked-help/68b17269-03d6-4d0d-95f3-e7beaa2fc1b9
  9. Hotmail Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hotmail Password: I tried to get into win 10 safe mode using boot selection in msconfig. After restart both my current pass or hotmail pass not working. So this probably my error. I changed my account pass from my phone. I have the new pass now. I then "shift+restart" > troubleshoot >...
  10. hotmail password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail password: How do we retrieve or replace our password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-password/298660c1-c966-432d-a082-ad83bb46761a"