Windows 10: Hotmail spam filter not working

Discus and support Hotmail spam filter not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Spam has been coming into my account and the spam filter is clearly not working. How can I prevent it from occurring in the first place? I move it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jackie z212, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Hotmail spam filter not working

Spam has been coming into my account and the spam filter is clearly not working. How can I prevent it from occurring in the first place? I move it to Junk but it just shows up again and again.

:)

jackie z212, Sep 21, 2022

2. Outlook Live (Hotmail) SPAM filtering

Good morning fireberd. I have also experienced this junkmail anomaly a couple of times with hotmail, years ago. I too keep my junk mail settings to extreme and only approved senders arrive at my inbox normally.

As I recall, I tried resetting the filter level to resolve the issue without any success. The condition magically fixed itself over time, I suspect a microsoft glitch has created this condition.

I keep my hotmail pinned on a tab, check it often and haven't experienced any junkmail issues in recent times. Cheers,

Michael

Rules are not working – Got an idea?

It would appear that you're not the only hotmail user suffering from spam filter failure. I located many current complaints such as these;

See post 6 & 7 Outlook Junk Mail problem

Outlook down? Current outages and problems | Downdetector

2020-01-20 09:42:51

Hotmail spam filter not working aNqNVFW4_normal.jpg
    @RealNativeTaino @Microsoft HEY anybody awake at the switch over there? The damn SPAM FILTERS are not working! OUTLOOK is allowing every damn one through! I’ve gotten hundreds this weekend! WTF? Fix that sh!t. I paid for my software! I’m sick of the crap! 34 just this morning alone!

W10 Tweaker, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Hotmail SmartScreen filters

Hello,

The smart screen filter is showing people on my safe list and my mailbox folder to be suspicious, why is this?

Then obvious spam is allow through.

I see I am not the only one, why it is when something works that hotmail messes it up?

I could understand if good people were hard to hire and retain, but with the current economy I cannot understand.

Steven ZRD, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Hotmail spam filter not working

Spam filter

Hello,

To better help you with Spam filter, kindly click this
    link
    and refer to the answer post of PA Bear.

Let us know how it goes.

Marilou Ser, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Hotmail spam filter not working

1. Hotmail spam filter not working - Similar Threads - Hotmail spam filter

2. Hotmail is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail is not working: My husband hasn't been able to get into his emails for many weeks. He asks for a code to be sent to my account as arranged but I never received it. Then in the last few days I've been sent 15 different codes in separate messages. None of them is accepted. What do we do?...
  3. Hotmail is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail is not working: My husband hasn't been able to get into his emails for many weeks. He asks for a code to be sent to my account as arranged but I never received it. Then in the last few days I've been sent 15 different codes in separate messages. None of them is accepted. What do we do?...
  4. Hotmail spam filter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail spam filter not working: Spam has been coming into my account and the spam filter is clearly not working. How can I prevent it from occurring in the first place? I move it to Junk but it just shows up again and again....
  5. Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address

in Browsers and Email
    Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address: Please can you tell me the email address that where I can forward fraudulent @HOTmail.com for investigation? Thank you. 181886
  6. No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail?: Hi, Hoping someone can help me as I've becoming overwhelmed with junk mail/spam 100+ per day. This relates to an IMAP account I access via Windows Mail. There doesn't seem to be any kind of spam filter built into Windows Mail, except for with the two Hotmail accounts I...
  7. Outlook Live (Hotmail) SPAM filtering

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Live (Hotmail) SPAM filtering: Over the weekend either Microsoft changed something or they have a problem with SPAM filtering. I had my filters set for maximum junk mail filtering and its been working OK for years. Now most of the junk mail is showing up in my inbox. I haven't changed any settings. 148858
  8. Hotmail Account Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hotmail Account Not Working: Can any members help?? My Hotmail account has just stopped functioning properly - I cannot send a message, cannot access the "Settings" and cannot delete Drafts or Deleted Messages. When I click the "Send" button, it simply Grays out and there is no further activity. (Yes,...
  9. Junk / Spam filters not working or working too well Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Junk / Spam filters not working or working too well Outlook 2016: Hi folks Anybody else having this problem (outlook 2016 -- NOT EXCHANGE type mail servers) Spam / junk rules just don't seem to work properly any more -- sometimes stuff hoes into SPAM folder and even if you say move it always to inbox or supply rules -- it does an initial...
  10. Anyone use a spam filter program? Do they work?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone use a spam filter program? Do they work?: Hi All, My spam seems to be increasing and I am considering using a spam filter program. There are a few on the market. Spamilator, Mailwasher etc Do they work? If so, any recommendations please? Thanks! 76162