Windows 10: Hotspot 2.0

Discus and support Hotspot 2.0 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I ran into an issue with not being able to see my MiFi SSID being broadcast on my Surface Pro. The SSID was visible on all other devices such as phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobbieHoff, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Hotspot 2.0

I ran into an issue with not being able to see my MiFi SSID being broadcast on my Surface Pro. The SSID was visible on all other devices such as phone and laptop.

Going into wifi setting I noticed the toggle for hotspot 2.0 and turned it off and after my MiFi SSID was able to be seen and connected to.

Any reasons this setting being toggled on would cause the MiFi SSID to not be displayed?

-Thanks

:)

RobbieHoff, Mar 26, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Hotspot 2.0

HotSpot Shield

Hi thomlyons,

To uninstall HotSpot Shield you need to disable the VPN profile first. If you don't know how, please contact HotSpot Shield support for assistance. Once you have disabled the VPN profile follow the steps below to uninstall the app.

1. Go to the app list and look for HotSpot Shield.

2. Touch and hold the app.

3. Then tap uninstall.

Sincerely,

77615ba0-cf67-44f4-aacd-4de8eba6c846, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Hotspot 2.0

1. Hotspot 2.0 - Similar Threads - Hotspot

2. Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...: there was a question asked like this but it didn't solve the problem. i have already restarted the network settings. if someone could help that would be great....
  3. Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...: there was a question asked like this but it didn't solve the problem. i have already restarted the network settings. if someone could help that would be great....
  4. laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.: Everytime i turn on hotspot It crashes. it occurs mainly when my laptop is charging. can anyone help me find out the issue and a way to solve this issue. Once i checked task manager just before it crashed i noticed that the memory usage was too high 99 to 100 %....
  5. laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.

laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.: Everytime i turn on hotspot It crashes. it occurs mainly when my laptop is charging. can anyone help me find out the issue and a way to solve this issue. Once i checked task manager just before it crashed i noticed that the memory usage was too high 99 to 100 %....
  6. hotspot not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot not work: vggkgnk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-not-work/1f8273a6-989b-423b-be96-9c47d8cf3959
  7. hotspot not work

hotspot not work: vggkgnk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-not-work/1f8273a6-989b-423b-be96-9c47d8cf3959
  8. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.: Windows worked fine, but my power supply fan died so I replaced it. Powered up, windows worked fine except no wifi, would not see any networks. Put the old power supply back in and powered up, same issue. Tested with my Galaxy phone, saw the hotspot and was able to connect....
  9. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.: Windows worked fine, but my power supply fan died so I replaced it. Powered up, windows worked fine except no wifi, would not see any networks. Put the old power supply back in and powered up, same issue. Tested with my Galaxy phone, saw the hotspot and was able to connect....
  10. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing