Windows 10: Hotspot and tethering issues

Discus and support Hotspot and tethering issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am at a complete loss with regards to what is going on with my hotspot connection between my Windows 10 laptop and Xiaomi mi9SE smartphone. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristopheNash, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Hotspot and tethering issues

I am at a complete loss with regards to what is going on with my hotspot connection between my Windows 10 laptop and Xiaomi mi9SE smartphone. I have tried various processes of elimination to try to diagnose the issue but finding it incredibly difficult and frustrating because I can't find any coherence. Following points...

1 Windows 10 HP Pavilion laptop detects the hotspot, but reports "unable to connect to the network" after a period of "checking network requirements"

2 Hotspot works fine on same windows 10 HP Pavilion laptop using my backup phone Motorola G5 and connects flawlessly using the same sim-card

3 Hotspot works fine on other platforms I've tried using the MI9SE, namely Android tablet and using the G5 to connect to the MI9SE.

4 I have reset and reinstalled all adapter drivers on windows 10 HP Pavilion laptop.

5 I have reset and done a fresh format of my windows 10 PC Pavilion laptop.

6 I have formatted and reflashed the ROM of the latest MIUI based on Android 10 on my Xiaomi MI9SE smartphone.

6 After 3 days of HP assistance reinitialising drivers etc they say it's to do with my Mi9SE smartphone and unable or want to help.

7 I haven't found any evidence to suggest other users of this smartphone are encountering the same issues.

8 I have completely disabled the firewall. Does nothing.

9 Tried a USB tether. No internet either. Again, works fine without a hitch with my G5. Have attached screenshots.

Apart from telling me to run the diagnostics and trouble shooter does anybody have any potential solution ?
    below is a troubleshooting report upon running the "incoming connections" troubleshooter :

Information for Connection ID 17
    Connection started at: 2020-04-19 13:52:05-205
    Auto Configuration ID: 4
    Profile: Discovery connection
    SSID: mi9se
    SSID length: 5
    Connection mode: Infra
    Security: Yes
    Pre-Association and Association
    Connectivity settings provided by hardware manufacturer IHV: Yes
    Security settings provided by hardware manufacturer IHV: Yes
    Profile matches network requirements: Success
    Pre-association status: Fail 0x00000000
    Association status: Fail 0x00000000
    Association reason code: 0x00000000

Please help, I'm not computer illiterate and able to solve most problems...but this is driving me crazy as somewhat reliant for work!

Many thanks, any assistance appreciated

Hotspot and tethering issues ee41e644-98d3-48cb-8298-e910e0d6006e?upload=true.jpg

Hotspot and tethering issues 1f0f7f14-37c0-499f-af51-fb7530b0fa8c?upload=true.jpg

Hotspot and tethering issues b1965190-93bf-4866-b18e-d0c914651816?upload=true.jpg

:)

ChristopheNash, Apr 19, 2020

2. Iphone 6 Tmobile Tethering Mobile Hotspot No Internet

I have a Iphone 6 that has a personal hotspot that I have been trying to connect to my laptop via USB and Wifi. I currently have Windows 10 running on my HP Envy dv6 C2Y45AV. I also taken necessary steps to harden the system against viruses and attacks.
    So far the only issues that I am having is trying to tether with my Iphone's personal hotspot. I can connect other devices such as tablets to the hotspot but with no luck with my laptop.

The laptop and Iphone 6 will show that the devices is connected but with "no internet".

My laptop will however connect via ethernet and wifi just not via hotspot.

I have the current version of Itunes and the IOS on my Iphone 6 is current.

I would greatly appreciate some step by step guide to resolve my issues with connecting to a hotspot.

JohnApplease, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Hotspot tethering

I am unable to connect to internet when trying to connect with hotspot tethering from my iphone, but works with other phones. I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. Internet looks connected when connected through iphone hotspot without any internet access

VikramManvelikar, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Hotspot and tethering issues

Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Hotspot and tethering issues

1. Hotspot and tethering issues - Similar Threads - Hotspot tethering issues

2. hotspot issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotspot issue: why cant i connect hotspot with redmi 10s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-issue/efb3e73a-f000-4268-9710-088b1f4e8340
  3. hotspot issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hotspot issue: why cant i connect hotspot with redmi 10s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-issue/efb3e73a-f000-4268-9710-088b1f4e8340
  4. Android USB tether issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android USB tether issue: Hello. I'm not sure if this is the correct topic, feel free to move I have an issue where my phone hangs Task manager and Network properties when on 'USB Tether' on Windows 10. if the phone connected to a PC and no tether via USB it works fine, but when I tether via USB...
  5. USB Tethering Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Tethering Driver Issues: Hello I am currently doing online learning, and my internet is super slow, so the school sent us some Verizon Jetpack hotspots. The model I have is the 8800L on an unlimited plan. I don't know the password to the device, as it's meant to auto-connect to my chromebook, but I...
  6. Hotspot issues

Hotspot issues: When I am trying to enable "Share my Internet connection with other devices"while trying to turn on my hotspot, I keep getting a message saying "We can't set up a mobile hotspot" and I have tried updating and troubleshooting everything and changing adapter settings and...
  7. Android USB tethering issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android USB tethering issue: Hello, I have an issue with Android USB tethering on my Windows 10 laptop : despite the system detects the "NDIS" network device, ipconfig -all returns no value on default gateway. The most intriguing aspect of this issue is that it sometimes disappears, suggesting a cable...
  8. Hotspot Issue

Hotspot Issue: My Hotspot was working fine until one day suddenly, it switched off on its own, then I could not set it up so I tried some remedial action that I found on the net, so I did get the Hotspot back on but now my devices can't connect to it, they are unable to configure IP. how do...
  9. Hotspot tethering

Hotspot tethering: I am unable to connect to internet when trying to connect with hotspot tethering from my iphone, but works with other phones. I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. Internet looks connected when connected through iphone hotspot without any internet access...
  10. No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot)

No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot): When I use wifi on my PC to connect to my router/modem, internet works fine. But when I connect to my Android phone's access point (tethering) I don't get internet access. You might think it's a problem with the Android phone, but other Android devices can connect to it and...