Windows 10: Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access"

Discus and support Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10 1903, but every time I try to use hot-spot it says no internet access but immediately opens the browser and it goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr West-MM, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access"

I recently updated to Windows 10 1903, but every time I try to use hot-spot it says no internet access but immediately opens the browser and it goes to a Microsoft link, unfortunately only the browser would use the hot-spot internet other apps such as the store cannot and all other apps that require the internet to operate.

I asked my friends if there are experiencing a similar problem and everyone i asked is also have this problem.

I have tried running the trouble shooter but it has not solved the problem.

:)

Mr West-MM, Sep 1, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Got it.

This usually happen if Internet Connection Sharing was not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Network Connections.
    • Please note that at this point, your hotspot connection should be showing here
    • Right-click your internet source, which should be Ethernet.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
    • Under Home networking connection drop-down menu select your
      hotspot connection name
    • Click OK.

Please advised as necessary.

John Ado, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Hi Nader,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is connectivity issues.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "there is no internet access", are you getting any error message on the phone when it is connected to the network?

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about mobile hotspot.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and Click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Then click on Network Adapter.

5. Then click on Next and follow the instructions.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access"

Laptop connected to phones hotspot but has no internet access

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is connectivity issues.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "there is no internet access", are you getting any error message on the phone when it is connected to the network?

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about mobile hotspot.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/u...

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and Click on Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Then click on Network Adapter.

5. Then click on Next and follow the instructions.

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access"

1. Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access" - Similar Threads - Hotspot connecting saying

2. The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.: waiting for respond.thanks : ) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-pc-is-connected-to-the-hotspot-from-my-iphone/78d58959-5960-4d6c-80a4-af7fe4111b71
  3. mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet

mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet: i do have a problem withe mobile hotspot when i do Activated to share the internet . I find the yellow triangle showing up on the network connection and the internet is disconnected completely from the device. I tried all the solutions such as deleting the driver or...
  4. baidu wifi hotspot internet connection

baidu wifi hotspot internet connection: baidu wifi hotspot internet connection windows 10 i have turn on inbuilt hotspot first before it works. please any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/baidu-wifi-hotspot-internet-connection/512c6e59-57d0-4e95-aa06-9444cf276483
  5. No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection

No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection: Hi, I have an strange problem. I can connect HotSpot VPN connection successfully but there is no any Internet on mobile device from my laptop. I have Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134). It was working few days ago, but suddenly it has stopped working without...
  6. Status say not connected to internet

Status say not connected to internet: I am using a dial up connection provided by my ISP. I can browse internet but can't use Microsoft store or get any security update. It says you are not connected to any networks. Please help me solve the problem. [ATTACH]...
  7. Hotspot connected devices in Lenovo 320 do not have "Internet Access"

Hotspot connected devices in Lenovo 320 do not have "Internet Access": I am using a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with a Windows 10 Home. After a Windows update all devices connected to my Laptop's Hotspot show "No Internet access" I tried to tick and untick the share my internet connection switch in the Adapter Options. I tried a network reset....
  8. Connected but no internet access

Connected but no internet access: I just bought a new PC with the latest Windows 10 version, but the internet didn't work. It said it was connected and it didn't have the yellow icon, after running the troubleshooter the result was problems with the DNS. So I ran the commands: ipconfig/release, flushdns,...
  9. Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot

Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot: I have setup a WiFi Hotspot with MyPublicWiFi. Allowed Sharing in Local Area Connection *2. Everything seems to be in order as the Screenshot shows. But when I try to connect a mobile it gets connected to "MyPublicWiFi", no internet sharing from the USB Modem. I am on Windows...
  10. Connected to internet but no access

Connected to internet but no access: Recently my laptop has a boot error and auto recovery and maintenances could not solve the issue. So I reset the laptop but kept the files and now it boots perfectly fine however none of the internet is working. It shows that I am connected to the wifi but there is no access...