Windows 10: HOTSPOT CONNECTION

Discus and support HOTSPOT CONNECTION in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to connect my laptop to my Verizon Mobile Hotspot instead of putting in my password, it is telling me to look at my router and enter the PIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Barbara Oliver Tickle, Jan 26, 2021.

1. HOTSPOT CONNECTION

When I try to connect my laptop to my Verizon Mobile Hotspot instead of putting in my password, it is telling me to look at my router and enter the PIN from the label. That it should be 8 digits usually. How in the world is my phone supposed to have a router number. Can someone please explain!

:)

Barbara Oliver Tickle, Jan 26, 2021

2. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Jan 26, 2021
  3. wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 26, 2021
  4. HOTSPOT CONNECTION

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

HOTSPOT CONNECTION

1. HOTSPOT CONNECTION - Similar Threads - HOTSPOT CONNECTION

2. How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet: Hi. I am trying to convert my Hotspot connection from 5GHz to 2.5GHz so that my Android phone could connect to my internet connection. I tried looking it up at my settings but the option to change my wireless band is not there. my source of hotspot is 5ghz band ethernet on my...
  3. How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet: Hi. I am trying to convert my Hotspot connection from 5GHz to 2.5GHz so that my Android phone could connect to my internet connection. I tried looking it up at my settings but the option to change my wireless band is not there. my source of hotspot is 5ghz band ethernet on my...
  4. Trying to connect my pc with phone hotspot facing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to connect my pc with phone hotspot facing issue: Hi Team, Hrithik Bhardwaj this side… I am facing some issue to connect my laptop with my phone network. I have lenovo laptop and trying to connect with my phone oppo A3s it is connected but it showing No internet, secured and I almost did all the steps to troubleshoot this...
  5. Trying to connect my pc with phone hotspot facing issue

Trying to connect my pc with phone hotspot facing issue: Hi Team, Hrithik Bhardwaj this side… I am facing some issue to connect my laptop with my phone network. I have lenovo laptop and trying to connect with my phone oppo A3s it is connected but it showing No internet, secured and I almost did all the steps to troubleshoot this...
  6. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  7. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  8. How do I discover and connect to my iPhone hotspot over usb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I discover and connect to my iPhone hotspot over usb?: How do I discover and connect to my iphone hotspot over usb? There are no usb options in the connectivity menu. There was a screen that asked me what to do with my phone the first time i ever plugged it in, perhaps I hit the wrong thing and no matter what i do I can't figure...
  9. How do I discover and connect to my iPhone hotspot over usb?

How do I discover and connect to my iPhone hotspot over usb?: How do I discover and connect to my iphone hotspot over usb? There are no usb options in the connectivity menu. There was a screen that asked me what to do with my phone the first time i ever plugged it in, perhaps I hit the wrong thing and no matter what i do I can't figure...
  10. My laptop hotspot in not working whenever i connect my laptop hotspot it showing change you...

My laptop hotspot in not working whenever i connect my laptop hotspot it showing change you...: Hotspot connection in not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-hotspot-in-not-working-whenever-i/8e007859-687f-4541-9988-b5eb04a63598