Windows 10: Hotspot created from iPhone 8 Plus is not visible on Windows PC

Discus and support Hotspot created from iPhone 8 Plus is not visible on Windows PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My WIndows 10 laptop can no longer see the Hot Spot from my iPhone 8 Plus. Other phones can still see it and connect to it, but it doesn't appear in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by delevin1, Oct 4, 2019.

1. delevin1 Win User

Hotspot created from iPhone 8 Plus is not visible on Windows PC

My WIndows 10 laptop can no longer see the Hot Spot from my iPhone 8 Plus.

Other phones can still see it and connect to it, but it doesn't appear in the list of SSIDs that are available for my laptop to connect to.

***Original title: My Windows 10 laptop can no longer see the Hot Spot from my iPhone 8 Plus***

:)

delevin1, Oct 4, 2019
  2. NRNA Win User
    NRNA, Oct 4, 2019
  3. lorraine walsh, Oct 4, 2019
  4. [mjc] Win User

Windows 10, Mcafee Firewall, Ethernet Broadband, Dell XPS User trying to use Win10 Hotspot for Ipad and Iphone

Questions from Nathanial with my responses underlined:

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the password of the Wifi hotspot and update the password on your phone?
      Per your question, I just completed this: Edited my wifi hotspot password to a different one, "forgot" that wifi hotspot on my iPhone, selected it again and used new password, the iPhone was given a secure connection
      (indicated by the locked lock icon) but again in red reads "No Internet Connection." Clicking IPhone info, the suggestion was to reboot my modem, which I did and then reboot my pc (because doing that 3 times fast in the 90s worked magic) but to no avail.

• Have you tried connecting different device on your Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      I have tried all the same steps mentioned above with my ipad as well...both, however, have the same ios. The ipad pro did not work either and had same result.

• Have you tried to connect your phone to different Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      Both ipad and iPhone have used wifi hotspots seamlessly around the world several times with no issues. I run my iPhone hotspot and my ipad pro connects to it as does dell/win10.

I am guessing here, but i think the closest i have come to a resolution was to tinker with my mcafee firewall to try and "allow" my iPhone ipaddress through but I followed steps and it did not work. Plus, that just
    sounds to superuserish to me. However, my windows defender firewall is off and mcafee firewall is on...to complete the scenario.

This is a fairly default setup I have along with thousands of other dell pc's sold with win 10 and mcafee. I am shocked how elusive this setup is.

michael

[mjc], Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Hotspot created from iPhone 8 Plus is not visible on Windows PC - Similar Threads - Hotspot created iPhone

2. Iphone 8 plus not recognized from usb cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iphone 8 plus not recognized from usb cable: I just bought a new usb to lightning cable and when i plugged into my computer it says: usb device is not recognized. help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphone-8-plus-not-recognized-from-usb-cable/59829318-9c99-4907-a2e4-6e0e5bbc08fa
  3. Iphone 8 plus not recognized from usb cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Iphone 8 plus not recognized from usb cable: I just bought a new usb to lightning cable and when i plugged into my computer it says: usb device is not recognized. help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphone-8-plus-not-recognized-from-usb-cable/59829318-9c99-4907-a2e4-6e0e5bbc08fa
  4. I cant connect hotspot from Iphone with my PC

I cant connect hotspot from Iphone with my PC: I try everything in communication to fix it but its doesnt work hotspot via USB nothing show on my network but I can export picture in my phone....
  5. I cant connect hotspot from Iphone with my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant connect hotspot from Iphone with my PC: I try everything in communication to fix it but its doesnt work hotspot via USB nothing show on my network but I can export picture in my phone....
  6. Can't import photos from iPhone 8 Plus to Windows 10 Laptop

Can't import photos from iPhone 8 Plus to Windows 10 Laptop: Hello, I am having another problem yet again with the built in photos app on Windows 10 which always has problems. I used to be able to import photos using my iPhone USB cable to my laptop and it always went smoothly. Now no matter how hard I try or any troubleshooting I do,...
  7. The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.

The pc is connected to the hotspot from my iphone but no internet access.: waiting for respond.thanks : ) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-pc-is-connected-to-the-hotspot-from-my-iphone/78d58959-5960-4d6c-80a4-af7fe4111b71
  8. Pc wifi wont find iphones 8 hotspot

Pc wifi wont find iphones 8 hotspot: Trying to use iphones hotspot for pc, tethering works ok but not Wi-Fi, I have a keyboard connected with pc's wifi it works fine, tried everything within setting, ran trouble shooter it says Wi-Fi turned off, yet keyboard working, when I turn wifi on in settings it keeps...
  9. iphone 8 plus import to computer

iphone 8 plus import to computer: cannot import photos from my new iphone 8 plus to my computer. i have gone through troubleshooter and previous support and the only thing i find is to do with importing camera photo directly to computer....
  10. iPhone 8 hotspot

iPhone 8 hotspot: I am having problems my computer does not connect to iPhone 8 hotspot. Does anyone has had the same problem? How to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/iphone-8-hotspot/43492e8b-c73b-4071-98ed-19f4dafeed63