Windows 10: Hotspot doens't show the edit tool.

Discus and support Hotspot doens't show the edit tool. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I want to make a hotspot out of my laptop using the hotspot tool from Windows 10. Google says that is have to edit the name and password of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kalmeknaap, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Hotspot doens't show the edit tool.

Hello, I want to make a hotspot out of my laptop using the hotspot tool from Windows 10.

Google says that is have to edit the name and password of my hotspot but this doesn't show up.

submitted by /u/kalmeknaap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kalmeknaap, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Hotspot doens't show the edit tool.

Mobile hotspot in windows 10 laptop

Hi,

You may change the password of your mobile hotspot so that the person you don't allowed to use it can't connect to it. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried changing the password. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how you can change the password of the Mobile hotspot.:

• Open Settings then select Network & Internet.
    • Choose Mobile hotspot.
    • Under Mobile hotspot section, you can see the current name of the Wi-Fi hotspot and password. To change mobile hotspot name or password or both, click the
      Edit button.
    • Enter a new password for the network. Click Save button. Note that the password must be of at least 8 characters.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Hotspot doens't show the edit tool.

1. Hotspot doens't show the edit tool. - Similar Threads - Hotspot doens't show

2. Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing: I have windows 10 Pro and am trying to create a hotspot, however, when I turn in the hotspot, the "Band" feild is not showing at all ! I have a camera that works only over 2.4 Ghz bandwith and I am unable to connect it over the default 5 Ghz bandwith.I tired to go to the Wifi...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing: I have windows 10 Pro and am trying to create a hotspot, however, when I turn in the hotspot, the "Band" feild is not showing at all ! I have a camera that works only over 2.4 Ghz bandwith and I am unable to connect it over the default 5 Ghz bandwith.I tired to go to the Wifi...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Band Edit Feild Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Snipping Tool not showing Preview/Editing Window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool not showing Preview/Editing Window: One of our users suddenly lost the capability to view the Preview/Editing windows when taking screenshots using Snipping tool. They can still paste the snipped window with no problem, but cannot check and edit the said screenshot before saving/sending.Steps taken to resolve...
  6. Snipping Tool not showing Preview/Editing Window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool not showing Preview/Editing Window: One of our users suddenly lost the capability to view the Preview/Editing windows when taking screenshots using Snipping tool. They can still paste the snipped window with no problem, but cannot check and edit the said screenshot before saving/sending.Steps taken to resolve...
  7. Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing

Mobile Hotspot Edit Button Not Showing: Whenever I try to use my mobile hotspot, It can be turned on and the network can be selected but there is no option to edit the details and whenever I turn the hotspot on it doesn't show up on other devices. Can someone help? I have tried many guides and they don't seem to...
  8. edit my hotspot connection

edit my hotspot connection: Dear community , I can not edit my hotspot connection on my dell latitude E6330, so as to share my dial up internet connection. I get the message in red : we can't set up mobile hotspot because your pc doesn't have an ethernet , wi-fi, or cellular data connection....
  9. Hotspot - edit button not available

Hotspot - edit button not available: Dear, I am trying to get WIFI on my phone using my laptop who is connected to a lan wire. I have gone to mobile hotspot .Under "share my internet connection from", I don't have the "edit button". It disappear … How can I get it back ? thanks...
  10. Camera doens't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera doens't work: After driver updating, the camera of my laptop Lenovo Yoga stopped working. The camera is not recognized... What should be done? Thanks in advance Tatiana...